Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AH-D7000 - Page 482

post #7216 of 7229

Yes, it is a Lawton mod. I've already contacted him for a possible fix. 

 

Small pieces and parts included with the screw are missing. The screw itself wont hold the cup without the missing pieces, unless I get other screw, probably a custom one, that fits into the hole.


Edited by nassq8 - 2/23/15 at 12:57pm
post #7217 of 7229
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassq8 View Post
 

My mood's gone south today after seeing my beloved modded D7000 fell apart like this :(

 

 

This sucker attached with "Realiser A8" left my home theatre 5.1 speakers out in the cold for a long time, as well as my HD800 and LCD-3, which are collecting a lot of dusts because of it.

 

Any suggestion for a good place to fix it.

 

 

Thanks.


Headroom in Bozeman, MT does do repairs (at least their website says so).  Also there is a guy in the northeast that has all kinds of parts just for this repair.  I'll try to find his website - I bought the kit off him a year or so ago. 

post #7218 of 7229

Found it!

 

Phone Number to Denon Parts:   201-762-6391  (Luigi, or Sandy)

Address:  Luigi Margarucci

                  D&M Holdings, Inc.

                  100 Corporate Drive

                  Mahwah, NJ 07430

               Luigi.Margarucci@dmh-global.com

 

This is the guy................

post #7219 of 7229

Thank you Oregonian. This will help a lot.

 

Appreciate it.   

post #7220 of 7229
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassq8 View Post
 

Thank you Oregonian. This will help a lot.

 

Appreciate it.   


No problem.  Glad to help. 

post #7221 of 7229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 

Found it!

 

Phone Number to Denon Parts:   201-762-6391  (Luigi, or Sandy)

Address:  Luigi Margarucci

                  D&M Holdings, Inc.

                  100 Corporate Drive

                  Mahwah, NJ 07430

               Luigi.Margarucci@dmh-global.com

 

This is the guy................

 

Possibly driver replacement here too?

 

Got D7K that needs a driver.

post #7222 of 7229
Can you order drivers? Then I am in. smily_headphones1.gif
post #7223 of 7229

D2000 + wood cups vs D7000 vs TH600?


how big is the difference?

post #7224 of 7229
Quote:
Originally Posted by thug behram View Post
 

D2000 + wood cups vs D7000 vs TH600?


how big is the difference?


Disclaimer - no golden ears here and awful glad I'm not.

 

My LA-2000 has extra deep cocobolo cups from Martin Custom Audio, full Lawton damping plus some extra hollo fill in the cups to stop the boominess and Lawton angle pads.  Compared to my MD-7000, it's awful close.  Deeper bass, as you'd expect with the LA-2000 and the overall sound signature is a bit sharper with the D7000 but I've said a dozen times I could live with just the LA-2000 if I had to sell everything else.  It's that good. 

 

TH600 - I had it for 10 days, did numerous head to head tests on same song, same equipment (vintage Pioneer Spec system) and could not tell them apart from my MD-7000. 

 

There are guys who can hear the subtle differences, and some say they are quite obvious, but I can't and don't.  Love the Denon's and love the Fostex pair (owned the TH900 for about 6 months as well).  My favorite signature no doubt (well, after my HE-6 that is). 

post #7225 of 7229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 


Disclaimer - no golden ears here and awful glad I'm not.

 

My LA-2000 has extra deep cocobolo cups from Martin Custom Audio, full Lawton damping plus some extra hollo fill in the cups to stop the boominess and Lawton angle pads.  Compared to my MD-7000, it's awful close.  Deeper bass, as you'd expect with the LA-2000 and the overall sound signature is a bit sharper with the D7000 but I've said a dozen times I could live with just the LA-2000 if I had to sell everything else.  It's that good. 

 

TH600 - I had it for 10 days, did numerous head to head tests on same song, same equipment (vintage Pioneer Spec system) and could not tell them apart from my MD-7000. 

 

There are guys who can hear the subtle differences, and some say they are quite obvious, but I can't and don't.  Love the Denon's and love the Fostex pair (owned the TH900 for about 6 months as well).  My favorite signature no doubt (well, after my HE-6 that is). 

I'm thinking of selling my HE-500 and D2000 and getting the TH600. Neither cans get enough head time and I could easily live with one. I feel like the stock D2000 isn't good enough to be my only can and the HE-500 isn't bassy enough to be my only can.

post #7226 of 7229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 

 

There are guys who can hear the subtle differences, and some say they are quite obvious, but I can't and don't.  Love the Denon's and love the Fostex pair (owned the TH900 for about 6 months as well).  My favorite signature no doubt (well, after my HE-6 that is). 

 

"Obvious" differences sometimes become tiny where people have to keep their eyes closed.

 

There are obviously differences between a D2000, a D7000, TH600 or even with the very bassy Denon D600.

But they are all sharing a similar driver, which is making all that Denon and Fostex range...cousins.

50mm, 25 ohms, Max Power Input...1800mW, for all of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #7227 of 7229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 

Found it!

 

Phone Number to Denon Parts:   201-762-6391  (Luigi, or Sandy)

Address:  Luigi Margarucci

                  D&M Holdings, Inc.

                  100 Corporate Drive

                  Mahwah, NJ 07430

             

 

Thanks, just ordered some screws and misc...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

Can you order drivers? Then I am in. smily_headphones1.gif

 

Asked Sandy on this and she referred me to Panurgy OEM ( (973) 625-4056, PanurgyOEM.com).  Talked to Panurgy OEM, they don't sell Denon parts directly.  We will have to send our AH-DxKs in.  They will do the estimation and asked Denon to get the parts.  Upfront service cost is $29 + parts/labor.  Which driver will they get for you is a big unknown.  Could be the newer series, or "2000/5000 series" per the representative I spoke to.  This sounds a little iffy if you want to fix the D7K drivers correctly.  I doubt that they can get Fostex parts anymore...   

post #7228 of 7229

Anyone here successfully modified their D2000/5000/7000 with a detachable connector on the cups?  If so, what did you use and can you please share some pics?

Reply
post #7229 of 7229
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post
 

Anyone here successfully modified their D2000/5000/7000 with a detachable connector on the cups?  If so, what did you use and can you please share some pics?

 

PM cCasperTFG - he is the master modder.  If he hasn't done it, he could. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000