Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AH-D7000 - Page 440

post #6586 of 7185

not necessarily tongue_smile.gif the d7ks are 90% of the fostex. the fostex are just faster and the bass seems just as strong but more controlled and more detailed/better. overall mids/highs and detail/resolving ability is very similar as well as the sound signature. hard to tell the difference if you don't pay attention.

 

also didnt have d7ks to compare

post #6587 of 7185
For lack of terms, when I went from Th900 to d7k , d7k sounded congested
Th900 is really special if you enjoy Denons
post #6588 of 7185
If only I could afford the TH900. I'm VERY happy with the Philips X1 (think open air D7000s with less refinement, sort of), especially at $300 that I got them for, but if I was gonna get a new headphone, it'd have to be a huge step up, and from my preferences, the TH900 would be it. Just not at THAT price range.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 6/22/13 at 8:23pm
post #6589 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple10 View Post

For lack of terms, when I went from Th900 to d7k , d7k sounded congested
Th900 is really special if you enjoy Denons

Just slap on the Alphapads, n pretend it's a Fostex wink.gif
post #6590 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post


Just slap on the Alphapads, n pretend it's a Fostex wink.gif

 

If only that would reproduce the sound I get from my TH-900s... I would be a richer man.

post #6591 of 7185

change your pangea to this

http://www.cabledyne.com/usb-cable.html

post #6592 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple10 View Post

For lack of terms, when I went from Th900 to d7k , d7k sounded congested
Th900 is really special if you enjoy Denons

I have try the Th900s. I always thought AHD7ks were congested too, until changing out power cords and RCAs which showed me they just play back what ever you give em. That woody slight reverb will always be there. The upscale ability is more then most here discover before moving on to other phones to go along with their equipment.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 6/26/13 at 6:55am
post #6593 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

not necessarily tongue_smile.gif the d7ks are 90% of the fostex. the fostex are just faster and the bass seems just as strong but more controlled and more detailed/better. overall mids/highs and detail/resolving ability is very similar as well as the sound signature. hard to tell the difference if you don't pay attention.

 

also didnt have d7ks to compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple10 View Post

For lack of terms, when I went from Th900 to d7k , d7k sounded congested
Th900 is really special if you enjoy Denons

I have try the Th900s. I always thought AHD7ks were contested too, until changing out power cords and RCAs which showed me they just play back what ever you give em. That woody slight reverb will always be there. The upscale ability is more then most here discover before moving on to other phones to go along with their equipment.

 

What do you guys think of the TH600, is it as good as the TH900 or somewhere in between?

post #6594 of 7185
I was wondering the same thing! It would be easier to get TH600s than D7ks,and the TH900s are relatively the same as D7ks. So if the TH600s are good i don't have to worry about the market anymore! biggrin.gif
post #6595 of 7185

TheTH600 *are* good, a bit more neutral than the TH900 and IMO quite worth its asking price.

post #6596 of 7185

Again, I can't believe D7000s are still selling for $700+ when the TH600 exists. Ridiculous.

post #6597 of 7185
I guess demand and supply is determining the price, just like most things
Th600 is a worthy substitute, if th900 is out of rich
post #6598 of 7185

uhh i'm asking cause i'm not familiar with the TH600 but how much is it better than D7000? How is it different? How is it similar? (bass? mids? treble?)

 

And how does it compare with similarly priced competitors like audeze LCD 2.2 or HE-500. (on what aspects would it out perform them or get out performed by them)

 

Also how good is the isolation? or is it as leaky as D7000?


Edited by meyner - 6/25/13 at 5:07am
post #6599 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyner View Post

uhh i'm asking cause i'm not familiar with the TH600 but how much is it better than D7000? How is it different? How is it similar? (bass? mids? treble?)

 

And how does it compare with similarly priced competitors like audeze LCD 2.2 or HE-500. (on what aspects would it out perform them or get out performed by them)

 

Also how good is the isolation? or is it as leaky as D7000?


I'll be able to answer the question about TH600 vs D7000 in a few weeks.  I am getting a D7000 this week and am demoing a TH600 in about three weeks or so. 

post #6600 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3X0 View Post

Again, I can't believe D7000s are still selling for $700+ when the TH600 exists. Ridiculous.

 

The pricing I've seen for the TH600 (HeadAmp is at $1200) makes the delta around $500.  That is significant.   Very.

 

I've seen one TH600 used for $850 - even $150 is enough to make one thing twice and no wooden cups to boot.  wink_face.gif 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000