Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AH-D7000 - Page 432

post #6466 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

i dunno if i'd call the D2k lush and warm. it was v shaped, but very well balanced and with great sub-bass and sparkly treble. either way, the D2k is many times better than the D600. i've been considering buying back a pair of the old denon line sometime this year. maybe a d2k for fun and movies, or another d7k/th600/900.


Do you really feel they are many times better?  I have them both and I'd agree the D2K is better but not by a lot (and my D2K is MarkL modded with angle pads so kind of the pinnacle of the D2K lineage).  Have you listened to the D600 much? 

post #6467 of 7156

haven't listened to them a ton of times, but enough to let me know that the D2k is definitely better. ok, maybe its not 10x better, but its clearly an improvement and when the D2k was out, was 350$ tops and usually could be gotten for 250$ or less, huge bargain there. even at 300$ i don't feel like the D600 is worth the price. and its price on amazon is 399 now, with an MSRP of 499, definitely not worth that (at 499$, HD 650s, Beyers, Ultrasone, HiFiman, AKG, and the old denon line all outperform them).

 

the D2k aren't perfect either, i found them to be a little bright at times, and the bass/mids/treble don't always transition and blend nicely, as if the sound isn't super coherent. but they're better than the D600, which are muddy, have awkward sounding mids, and resonance issues.


Edited by Dubstep Girl - 5/18/13 at 8:04pm
post #6468 of 7156

Cool, just checking. I like the D2000 quite a bit smile.gif

post #6469 of 7156

Well, @Dubstep Girl, I think if compared to the D5ks, the D2ks are not as warm. It was not a side by side comparison but after listening to warm lush cans like the D5ks, LCD-2 and HD650s, the D2ks were pretty dry (in comparison) in my opinion. (Be Reminded It Wasn't A Side-by-Side Comparison) 

 

Can't wait to try the Th-900 soon and hoping to one day try the D7ks.

 

[Edited]

post #6470 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

haven't listened to them a ton of times, but enough to let me know that the D2k is definitely better. ok, maybe its not 10x better, but its clearly an improvement and when the D2k was out, was 350$ tops and usually could be gotten for 250$ or less, huge bargain there. even at 300$ i don't feel like the D600 is worth the price. and its price on amazon is 399 now, with an MSRP of 499, definitely not worth that (at 499$, HD 650s, Beyers, Ultrasone, HiFiman, AKG, and the old denon line all outperform them).

the D2k aren't perfect either, i found them to be a little bright at times, and the bass/mids/treble don't always transition and blend nicely, as if the sound isn't super coherent. but they're better than the D600, which are muddy, have awkward sounding mids, and resonance issues.

Yeah, at $399 I have to agree they are overpriced but they are regularly available for $240ish used or refurb on Amazon, which is a good price point in my estimation. I paid $239 and felt it was fair.
post #6471 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

haven't listened to them a ton of times, but enough to let me know that the D2k is definitely better. ok, maybe its not 10x better, but its clearly an improvement and when the D2k was out, was 350$ tops and usually could be gotten for 250$ or less, huge bargain there. even at 300$ i don't feel like the D600 is worth the price. and its price on amazon is 399 now, with an MSRP of 499, definitely not worth that (at 499$, HD 650s, Beyers, Ultrasone, HiFiman, AKG, and the old denon line all outperform them).

the D2k aren't perfect either, i found them to be a little bright at times, and the bass/mids/treble don't always transition and blend nicely, as if the sound isn't super coherent. but they're better than the D600, which are muddy, have awkward sounding mids, and resonance issues.

Yes! Someone who agrees with me. When I auditioned it, it sounded like music in a box, having a very boxed in sound.
post #6472 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post

Well, @Dubstep Girl, I think if compared to the D5ks, the D2ks are not as warm. It was not a side by side comparison but after listening to warm lush cans like the D5ks, LCD-2 and HD650s, the D2ks were pretty dry (in comparison) in my opinion.

 

I think the opposite. The D2000 are warmer than the 5000 and 7000. It's the bass-to-midrange transition that sounds thicker and more syrupy to me.

post #6473 of 7156

might be some differences depending if you got the later versions of headphones, i definitely found the D2k to be dry vs the D7k as well.

 

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


Yeah, at $399 I have to agree they are overpriced but they are regularly available for $240ish used or refurb on Amazon, which is a good price point in my estimation. I paid $239 and felt it was fair.
 

240 isn't too bad. i'm thinking more of 200 for it to really be a good deal. . cause i've noticed ultrasone pro 900s dropped a few times on amazon to around 250 or less. also you can get a nice beyerdynamic DT 990 for around that price (the 250 ohm pro is even cheaper). theres also the sennheisers such as the amperior, the HD-25, the HD 598, and the HD 558, theres more options out there as well. i guess the denons would be a good buy for someone who does not want to invest in any amping and only plans on having 1 headphone.


Edited by Dubstep Girl - 5/19/13 at 7:38am
post #6474 of 7156

i am in the market for an open set of cans to compare  against my D7K.

my shortlist,based only on reading forums, is Lcd-2 r2, he-500 & he-6.

 

as i love the sound sig of my denons, would i be right in thinking the audeze would be the closest too them?

please note , auditioning options are severely limited in my part of the uk.

post #6475 of 7156

As many people have thrown and continue to throw the D7000 under the bus - a moving one, mind you - it's one of the most comfortable and easy listening cans I've had in the room. At an estimated 1,809 hours they're enjoyable!

 

Any other cans I purchase will have to share space with the resident Denon's. wink.gif

post #6476 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

As many people have thrown and continue to throw the D7000 under the bus - a moving one, mind you - it's one of the most comfortable and easy listening cans I've had in the room. At an estimated 1,809 hours they're enjoyable!

 

Any other cans I purchase will have to share space with the resident Denon's. wink.gif

Easy listening and musical?

post #6477 of 7156

I think that I am ready to explore some angled pads for my D7000. The bass bloat is fine in isolation, but when compared to my other rig/cans it's a hard transition sometimes. Plus I would like to see how the stock Denon pads perform on my HE6, as I have read some interesting impressions (and I like the Denon pads over all the HifiMAN ones).

 

Evidently I have two choices, Lawton and J-Money; Pros and Cons?

popcorn.gif

post #6478 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

 

Easy listening and musical?

 

With the w-i-d-e variety of music inside the library, why not?! YES, this is the case this way. 

post #6479 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

I think that I am ready to explore some angled pads for my D7000. The bass bloat is fine in isolation, but when compared to my other rig/cans it's a hard transition sometimes. Plus I would like to see how the stock Denon pads perform on my HE6, as I have read some interesting impressions (and I like the Denon pads over all the HifiMAN ones).

 

Evidently I have two choices, Lawton and J-Money; Pros and Cons?

popcorn.gif

 

3 months out ~

 

Admittedly, after two months of listening to the HE-6, it tool an additional month to settle back in with the D7000.

post #6480 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

 

Easy listening and musical?

 

With the w-i-d-e variety of music inside the library, why not?! YES, this is the case this way. 

You make me want the D7000 even more..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000