Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AH-D7000 - Page 429

post #6421 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane55 View Post

Well... if the HE-6 came as a 'closed' model, with the same sound... and easier to drive, I'd snap it up in a minute.
I prefer it to the LCD-2, HD-800 (which are very good), T1, and others.
I really did not like the LCD-2. Aside from being ridiculously uncomfortable, I found them dull.
But the HE-6 has a near perfect sound to my ears.

So... the next best thing to that, in a closed can... the D7000. I couldn't live without them. wink_face.gif   I have them on my head every day, and just love the sound.
They are my second to the HE-6.

Apparently the weight and darkness are quite a deal breaker for some. Maybe I'm sill young because I find myself really really sensitive to bright highs. I just can't stand a single bit of brightness thus dark cans are just right for me, making me worry the d7ks might not be for me. That said, were u trying the rev 1 or rev 2. I heard the rev 1 is darker, I'm not sure because I tried the rev 2 and they were pretty close to perfect for me.
post #6422 of 7185

as age catches up, the wax cushion builds up inside..:P

i never did find my stock d7000 sibilant nor sloppy in its bass..

just put on FOURPLAY just to assure myself. ha.

 

Has anyone tried the alpha pads on the denon...does it fit...hows the sound?

 

 

u guys heard this gal b4...wheww...v catchy tunes she jives to on her elec guitar.

 


Edited by Lorspeaker - 5/12/13 at 2:29am
post #6423 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post
 

 

Exactamundo!

beerchug.gif

 

 

Sounds like a great comparison, tell me more...

popcorn.gif


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 9:35pm
post #6424 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post

I just did a brief review in the th-600 thread. The th-600 has a cross of a d7k and lcd-2 in the bass and mids. It has he-500 wonderfully done treble. At $1299 I'd say you are stretching it for being a bang for your buck headphone but at under $900 now from www.pricejapen.com it is well worth it. Just get the EMS shipping mine arrived safe and extremely fast.

tongue_smile.gif

post #6425 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

tongue_smile.gif


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 9:34pm
post #6426 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

as age catches up, the wax cushion builds up inside..:P
i never did find my stock d7000 sibilant nor sloppy in its bass..
just put on FOURPLAY just to assure myself. ha.

Has anyone tried the alpha pads on the denon...does it fit...hows the sound?


u guys heard this gal b4...wheww...v catchy tunes she jives to on her elec guitar.



Listen to more of her music - she has some great stuff. Easy on the eyes as well.

Fourplay is another great band - I like me some smooth jazz through my D2000 phones with their great mids and bass. No harsh treble or not a hint of sibilance as well.
post #6427 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post

Yeah that's about what I look like right now. Really happy with the th-600's. While I can't say that they're the best in anyone category they have an overall very high quality sound. Out of 9 1k offerings I would place the th-600 2nd in treble and 4th in mids and bass. That includes the more expensive hd-800. Bang for your buck though it's hard not to say the he-500's, they just didn't fit into my setup. 

 

Saw you post it's a cross of the lcd-2 and d7ks. May you specify what it means. And apparently, my local store Jaben, received a demo set for the store owners and workers to audition if they wish to bring it in and the people at my local store say it was disappointing. I was utterly confused when compared to the great responses from headfi! Have to check my sources then.

post #6428 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post

Saw you post it's a cross of the lcd-2 and d7ks. May you specify what it means. And apparently, my local store Jaben, received a demo set for the store owners and workers to audition if they wish to bring it in and the people at my local store say it was disappointing. I was utterly confused when compared to the great responses from headfi! Have to check my sources then.

Its very difficult to choose headphones based on what other people say about them.

For example, the LCD-2 and HE-500 have gotten rave reviews across the board for some time now and I just do not like them. People love their HD650's too and I dont like them.

I discovered the headphones I like purely by trial and error. Its really the only way.
post #6429 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post

Saw you post it's a cross of the lcd-2 and d7ks. May you specify what it means. And apparently, my local store Jaben, received a demo set for the store owners and workers to audition if they wish to bring it in and the people at my local store say it was disappointing. I was utterly confused when compared to the great responses from headfi! Have to check my sources then.

Its very difficult to choose headphones based on what other people say about them.

For example, the LCD-2 and HE-500 have gotten rave reviews across the board for some time now and I just do not like them. People love their HD650's too and I dont like them.

I discovered the headphones I like purely by trial and error. Its really the only way.

I will say that based on your comments about not liking "bright" headphones, I think you should steer towards the LCD-2 / HD650 camp.
post #6430 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post


Its very difficult to choose headphones based on what other people say about them.

For example, the LCD-2 and HE-500 have gotten rave reviews across the board for some time now and I just do not like them. People love their HD650's too and I dont like them.

I discovered the headphones I like purely by trial and error. Its really the only way.

I will say that based on your comments about not liking "bright" headphones, I think you should steer towards the LCD-2 / HD650 camp.

 

Yup! On my rock track I use to test brightness, the d5ks reveals its fatiguing highs, but that's just how my ears hear them, ymmv.

post #6431 of 7185

those expecting huge differences in the higher tier headphones have to understand that wonderful thing called the law of diminishing returns.  

 

Enjoy what you have and stop being critical with the listening sessions.  I love my D7000s and kept them stock and plan on keeping it that way.  While there may be more technically accurate headphones I don't get brownie points for technical accuracy.  All I care about is how they sound on my ears and they thump away great.  When I want a more neutral sound I pop on the "cheap" HD-600s which are great in their own right.

 

Happy listening guys!!!

post #6432 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post

Yup! On my rock track I use to test brightness, the d5ks reveals its fatiguing highs, but that's just how my ears hear them, ymmv.

Then you should definitely avoid the D7000. The 5000 and 7000 are two apples from the same tree.
post #6433 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post


Apparently the weight and darkness are quite a deal breaker for some. Maybe I'm sill young because I find myself really really sensitive to bright highs. I just can't stand a single bit of brightness thus dark cans are just right for me, making me worry the d7ks might not be for me. That said, were u trying the rev 1 or rev 2. I heard the rev 1 is darker, I'm not sure because I tried the rev 2 and they were pretty close to perfect for me.

 

Rev-1.
But even if Rev-2 were brighter, the design is too uncomfortable for me, and I shy away from open cans... (usually).

 

@myap2328. You may or may not like the D7k treble. I don't find them bright in any way. But I can assure you that you would hate the Beyerdynamic line. I've had DT-770 and DT880 (which I still own), of several different ohms, and they are bright almost to the point of painful for me. And I LIKE bright. Ha!

post #6434 of 7185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

i never did find my stock d7000 sibilant nor sloppy in its bass..

 

If that all you listen to, you won't. But compared to an HE6 or an SR009, it can be a difficult transition.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane55 View Post

I can assure you that you would hate the Beyerdynamic line. I've had DT-770 and DT880 (which I still own), of several different ohms, and they are bright almost to the point of painful for me. And I LIKE bright. Ha!

 

Yes I've heard that the T1 and T5p can be like that as well (not to mention the T50p).

post #6435 of 7185

After listening to the HE-6 for nearly two months, the transition back to the D7000 was a difficult one. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000