Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AH-D7000 - Page 417

post #6241 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

d7k has less sub-bass vs the d5k as far as i know, haven't heard the d5k though.

 

the hd 650 has much less midbass than both, but its still pretty good, though more neutralish.

 

Wait... say what?! I'm blink.gif a bit confused by that statement. Took a hot second but, I think I know redface.gif what you meant (based on what you heard/read about the two cans, but have not verified). My personal experience is completely flipped! Having owned the D5000 to 1,926 hours, and the D7000 to 1,809 hours (poor HD650 is only at 36 hrs rolleyes.gif), to me the 5k has more Bass (overall) but the 7k has more Sub-bass between the two. Enough to make the D5000 move tongue_smile.gif over.

 

 

I had that same reaction when DSG posted it, but while I didn't own the D5K for very long I totally agree with SO. Also my D7K arrived on the same day as my (latest) HD650, and while I like the 650 better than I ever have before, I don't even have 36 hours on them because of the D7K!

post #6242 of 7143

It would seem the TH-900 would be for me as a D7000 luvr. But, they can't seem to find their way to my home at that price. And if I'm paying that kinda dough, I want different looking cups - I do not care for the colour and finish. I need them to be more understated. 

post #6243 of 7143
I agree. I would honestly swap the cups with the TH-600's cups...

$2000 is too steep. I would for <$1700 through Amazon though... maybe one day.

I don't mind the looks, but they are a bit too flashy for my personal taste. However, it still looks classy, and I don't care THAT much for looks at home. Hell, I hate the LCD2's looks, and I love that headphone.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/24/13 at 3:12pm
post #6244 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

d7k has less sub-bass vs the d5k as far as i know, haven't heard the d5k though.

 

the hd 650 has much less midbass than both, but its still pretty good, though more neutralish.

 

Wait... say what?! I'm blink.gif a bit confused by that statement. Took a hot second but, I think I know redface.gif what you meant (based on what you heard/read about the two cans, but have not verified). My personal experience is completely flipped! Having owned the D5000 to 1,926 hours, and the D7000 to 1,809 hours (poor HD650 is only at 36 hrs rolleyes.gif), to me the 5k has more Bass (overall) but the 7k has more Sub-bass between the two. Enough to make the D5000 move tongue_smile.gif over.

 

 

 

 

I had that same reaction when DSG posted it, but while I didn't own the D5K for very long I totally agree with SO. Also my D7K arrived on the same day as my (latest) HD650, and while I like the 650 better than I ever have before, I don't even have 36 hours on them because of the D7K!

 

So far this year, my listening has been pretty much absent. I'm going to kick-off Summer 2013 with lots more sessions.wink_face.gif I will make sure the Senn gets some action!

post #6245 of 7143

Another big plus for the D7000's over the competition is they are easy to drive. They sound great plugged into any amplifier - or no amp at all. I could listen to them all day long plugged straight into my Sansa Clip.

post #6246 of 7143

Pretentious people could find that as a negative, saying that it doesn't scale remarkably well etc.

post #6247 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

Another big plus for the D7000's over the competition is they are easy to drive. They sound great plugged into any amplifier - or no amp at all. I could listen to them all day long plugged straight into my Sansa Clip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

Pretentious people could find that as a negative, saying that it doesn't scale remarkably well etc.

 

Why should it be mutually exclusive? I have found the Denon's to sound good out of a couple old receivers I have, also a Zero DAC, anything that takes the larger plug. They do however sound better when I pair them with my OTL tube amp, I typically use this amp with more demanding cans however with a quick tube roll I have a wonderful combo.

 

In general I find warmer/colored headphones easier to power, perhaps we aren't listening as critically as we would with reference sounding cans.


Edited by Graphicism - 3/24/13 at 6:14pm
post #6248 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Wait... say what?! I'm blink.gif a bit confused by that statement. Took a hot second but, I think I know redface.gif what you meant (based on what you heard/read about the two cans, but have not verified). My personal experience is completely flipped! Having owned the D5000 to 1,926 hours, and the D7000 to 1,809 hours (poor HD650 is only at 36 hrs rolleyes.gif), to me the 5k has more Bass (overall) but the 7k has more Sub-bass between the two. Enough to make the D5000 move tongue_smile.gif over.

 

 

 

oh sorry that was a typo, i meant midbass.  i was comparing the midbass of both (as i was replying to the other guy on how the midbass of d5k, d7k, hd 650 compared). the d5k have more midbass than d7k. i have no clue on sub-bass though. sorry for the confusion that caused

 

i know d2k has more sub-bass than d7k, thats about it. 


Edited by Dubstep Girl - 3/24/13 at 6:29pm
post #6249 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Wait... say what?! I'm blink.gif a bit confused by that statement. Took a hot second but, I think I know redface.gif what you meant (based on what you heard/read about the two cans, but have not verified). My personal experience is completely flipped! Having owned the D5000 to 1,926 hours, and the D7000 to 1,809 hours (poor HD650 is only at 36 hrs rolleyes.gif), to me the 5k has more Bass (overall) but the 7k has more Sub-bass between the two. Enough to make the D5000 move tongue_smile.gif over.

 

 

 

 

 

oh sorry that was a typo, i meant midbass.  i was comparing the midbass of both (as i was replying to the other guy on how the midbass of d5k, d7k, hd 650 compared). the d5k have more midbass than d7k. i have no clue on sub-bass though. sorry for the confusion that caused

 

i know d2k has more sub-bass than d7k, thats about it. 

 

Ok, seems we're biggrin.gif on the same page, actually. I'm glad Denon downplayed the mid-bass on the D7k, otherwise, I'd be suffering the same experience as I did with the LCD-2 - wonderful down low but tripping over itself approaching mid-bass. Also, for clarity to the readership, this was my own experience with my gear at a point in time. And I still found lots to like about the LCD-2r1.

 

I'm fond of revisiting my findings - now and again a different experience. This is why I reserve my indictments. wink_face.gif very_evil_smiley.gif It really does pay to keep an open mind even after a bad experience... or a good one!

post #6250 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

it really does pay to keep an open mind even after a bad experience... or a good one!

 

beerchug.gif

post #6251 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

 

 

oh sorry that was a typo, i meant midbass.  i was comparing the midbass of both (as i was replying to the other guy on how the midbass of d5k, d7k, hd 650 compared). the d5k have more midbass than d7k. i have no clue on sub-bass though. sorry for the confusion that caused

 

i know d2k has more sub-bass than d7k, thats about it. 

d7k definitely sounds more balanced and sophisticated. d2k is a fun headphone to listen to pop & rock, although. Yes, I had d2k before d7k, which is the headphone that I settled with.

post #6252 of 7143
So wait let get this right.
D7K= D5k -midbass + sub bass - peaky highs+ more refinement.

But d7k regardless of having more sub bass than mid bass, it still have More Midbass than the HD650.

So how abt d7k vs LCD-2 in midbass quantity? Are you sure the LCD-2 have more midbass? I'm talking abt the first batch of d7k not the second. There are two batches of d7ks just FYI, learnt abt that at innerfidelity. If u doubt me, check it out yourself.

Btw, is it worth sacrificing the smoothness of mids and highs and clarity and openess of the LCD-2 for the low end oomph?
post #6253 of 7143

yes still more midbass than hd 650

 

and LCD-2 has alot more midbass than D7k, its a bass monster when it comes to impact, slam, and punch. no other headphone compares, except maybe something like the ultrasone pro 900 (about same impact, but less tightness/control and boomier, so it has more bass, but punch is the same).

 

as for LCD-2 vs d7k, its about preference, d7k can be much more musical than LCD-2 (funner sounding bass, smooth mids, easy to enjoy sound signature), LCD-2 is more technically impressive (super accurate bass, more neutral, etc) , both have very good sound, both are world class, up to you to decide which you are looking for.

post #6254 of 7143

LCD2 is no bass monster when it comes to impact.  Don't mistake it for a closed headphone, where pressure builds up within the cans and gives you a wallop.  

post #6255 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

and LCD-2 has alot more midbass than D7k, its a bass monster when it comes to impact, slam, and punch. no other headphone compares, except maybe something like the ultrasone pro 900 (about same impact, but less tightness/control and boomier, so it has more bass, but punch is the same).

 

The Pro 900 have the same bass impact as an LCD-2?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

LCD2 is no bass monster when it comes to impact.  Don't mistake it for a closed headphone, where pressure builds up within the cans and gives you a wallop.  

 

Yeah my thoughts too, I'm not sure whats going on here?

 

I've seen the same people recommend the LCD-2 for delicate classical and hard-hitting trance music... surely a headphone that accurately reproduces a kick drum would be a bit weak in modeling a violin's sound, and vice versa.


Edited by Graphicism - 3/24/13 at 11:08pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000