Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AH-D7000 - Page 414

post #6196 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane55 View Post

 

Yup.

 

(I find the LCD-2 flawed sonically...)

Sorry, but the drastically "U" shaped D7000s are the flawed headphones sonically IMO. I've owned them twice (and thus sold them twice). The LCD-2s are much more natural. Their treble is certainly more subdued but still easier on the ears compared to the etched treble from the Denons. That said, the D7000s walk all over the D7100s. Boy did Denon really miss the boat on them. confused.gif

post #6197 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Sorry, but the drastically "U" shaped D7000s are the flawed headphones sonically IMO. I've owned them twice (and thus sold them twice). The LCD-2s are much more natural. Their treble is certainly more subdued but still easier on the ears compared to the etched treble from the Denons. That said, the D7000s walk all over the D7100s. Boy did Denon really miss the boat on them. confused.gif
post #6198 of 7156
^ +1
yet alot of people still defend the d7100 for some reason (justifying their purchase or a fan of beats/bose-esque bloated bass and grainy mids/treble)
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 3/23/13 at 6:02pm
post #6199 of 7156

So no mid-bass on d7k. :( Then they are off my list.

post #6200 of 7156
Yeah, they aren't the best at drum and bass due to mid bass being polite.

As for the LCD2... I'll have the leather version in hand again at the end of the week, but the vegan oneI have is very, very natural sounding. Not as much as the K702 Anniversary version, but close. The leather version is a bit more steered towards warmth and smoothness, which I kind of want now.
post #6201 of 7156

i found the HE-500 to be surprisingly good at drum and bass. ^

 

 

about the same or better than LCD-2, mostly cause i realized that dnb sounds really good sometimes cause of the air it can have. the LCD-2 doesn't always produce that ambiance and can sound a little closed in at times, though its nice too cause it has more bass than HE-500. but the HE-500 bloom is nice too for the sub-bass. so i guess its kinda a tie as to how they sound.


Edited by Dubstep Girl - 3/23/13 at 8:30pm
post #6202 of 7156
I meant the D7K, just in case.

The LCD2 is spectacular for DnB. As was the HE400.
post #6203 of 7156

I can't speak for D7000, but the D2/5/7 are all not far off supposedly.  D2000's immense sub-bass gets mixed in often times with its mid-bass, making for quite a whallop.  When comparing HE-400 to D2000, the Hifiman only very rarely surpassed the Denon in actual bass impact.  When comparing the HE-400 to the LCD2, the LCD2 very rarely surpassed the HE-400 in bass impact-- for the most part they were too comparable.  So in other words, it's not like LCD2 will pound your head and the Denons will just give you rumble, that's nonsense.  Denons will give more tactile feedback.

 

So yeah, there's always that.  Denons are no slouch when it comes to giving tactile bass.


Edited by TMRaven - 3/23/13 at 9:37pm
post #6204 of 7156
Listen to the D7K. Bass impact wasn't a strength, whatsoever. Low end rumble, yes. And I have heard them. Two separate D7Ks, two HE400s, two LCD2s. The D7K can't compete in mid bass vs the LCD2, whatsoever. That's part of the reason mids are as good as they are. The midbass is reigned in and decent, but not head thumping, at all. So sorry for you, but it's not nonsense.

It is like the Dt770 Pro 80, and XB700. Lots of presence in sub bass, but its all in the low end. The actual impact wasn't basshead like. The XB500 and Pro900 are mid bass kings.

In fact, I'm pretty sensitive to mid bass, and enough of it gives me headaches. There are times when even the mid bass on the LCD2 bothers me. Never an Issue with the D7k.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/23/13 at 9:55pm
post #6205 of 7156

D7K has more midbass than alot of headphones and it does have alot of bass throughout the whole spectrum, but it still isn't gonna slam like an lcD-2. 

post #6206 of 7156

Well in that case, get a D2000.  It definitely hits harder than the LCD2.  LCD2 bass actually surprised me in that it doesn't hit hard.  It's just really, really, really controlled and well extended.

post #6207 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

Well in that case, get a D2000.  It definitely hits harder than the LCD2.  LCD2 bass actually surprised me in that it doesn't hit hard.  It's just really, really, really controlled and well extended.

Thus the flat FR response from 1kHz down to 20Hz and some of the best 30Hz square wave responses around. smile.gif

post #6208 of 7156

I think the Denon D700 has a lot of punch and impact in the mid bass. I think it gets masked by the sub bass though with certain kinds of music. I listen to a lot of rock and kick drums punch hard and fast with my D7000's. And to my ears, the D7000 has a cleaner midrange - the LCD-2 is just a little too thick and slow sounding to my ears - probably accentuated by the attenuated treble (again, to my ears).

 

I have heard pretty much every current planar magnetic headphone on the market right now (except the HE-6) and I just don't like the way they all seem to present midrange.

post #6209 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Sorry, but the drastically "U" shaped D7000s are the flawed headphones sonically IMO. I've owned them twice (and thus sold them twice). The LCD-2s are much more natural. Their treble is certainly more subdued but still easier on the ears compared to the etched treble from the Denons.

 

 

What I said was that I find the LCD2 sonically flawed. It's just worded poorly.

 

They are both flawed, but I find the LCD's flaws less tolerable. I actually appreciate, and like the sound (obviously including the flaws) of the D7k.

post #6210 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

I think the Denon D700 has a lot of punch and impact in the mid bass. I think it gets masked by the sub bass though with certain kinds of music. I listen to a lot of rock and kick drums punch hard and fast with my D7000's. And to my ears, the D7000 has a cleaner midrange - the LCD-2 is just a little too thick and slow sounding to my ears - probably accentuated by the attenuated treble (again, to my ears).

I have heard pretty much every current planar magnetic headphone on the market right now (except the HE-6) and I just don't like the way they all seem to present midrange.

Comparisons to other headphones. I would prefer comparisons to the d5k and the hd650.

I find the hd650 like my perfect headphone except for its lacking in midbass which makes my electronic music sound meh~.

Would the d7k solve my problem without sacrificing or even make the hd650 sound better?

I find the d5k slightly fatiguing in te highs and a bit muffled (unclear) sound. A little more sound staging and better detail retrieval would be better too.

Would the d7k solve my prob becos u heard ppl say it lacks impact in midbass?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000