Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AH-D7000 - Page 380

post #5686 of 7156

Anyone else done the Lawton mods? I still keep putting it off, but plan on doing it in the next few days. 

post #5687 of 7156

I've done everything but the pad mod (stock cups) on my D7000 and I absolutely love it. I was a bit unsure at first, but once your ears get used to the sound (which you need to do for all headphones), they sound far far better and more refined.

post #5688 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

Anyone else done the Lawton mods? I still keep putting it off, but plan on doing it in the next few days. 

 

 

I want to do both my D7000 and D5000.  I want to do everything except the cable.  Any idea how much that cost?

post #5689 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

I want to do both my D7000 and D5000.  I want to do everything except the cable.  Any idea how much that cost?

 

Do it yourself, or have Mark do it for you? Do you want cups? What kind of wood?

post #5690 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

I want to do both my D7000 and D5000.  I want to do everything except the cable.  Any idea how much that cost?

 

 

It's $100 just for the tuning and another $300 for the cups + shipping. Adds up fast. $400 a pair for them. I don't know if the cups are super worth it, but I'll report back on the tuning. 

post #5691 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taowolf51 View Post

 

Do it yourself, or have Mark do it for you? Do you want cups? What kind of wood?

 

 

O, nope.  I want to keep the cups and the cables.

post #5692 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

O, nope.  I want to keep the cups and the cables.

 

If Mark does it, it's about $100. If you do it, it may be about $25 (and you'll have a bunch of dynamat left over). It takes quite a long time to do the mod, and you may go through a few hole punchers as well.

post #5693 of 7156
Mark doesnt do the hole punch part of the drivers anymore (on the D7000 at least). Just the back of the driver frame (the plastic circular rungs) and the inside of the cups.

The difference is noticeable, but not dramatic to my ears.

For $100 i think its well worth it. Inwouldnt do any of the rest ofnthe "upgrades"
post #5694 of 7156

I wonder why he doesn't do that, perhaps to give it a bit more bass.

post #5695 of 7156
The D7000 already has tighter better damped bass than the 5000 and 2000 straight from the factory.
post #5696 of 7156

Just finished the mods for the D7000, whew! 

post #5697 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

Just finished the mods for the D7000, whew! 

 

Ok after a few hours listening

 

1. Bass is certainly more controlled. There's not so much a giant bloat of bass, but more control transparency and discrepancy  within the bass region

 

2. Due to the above the midrange is really nice now. It's still warm, but doesn't have the bump from the boomy bass. It's a very warm yet very controlled sound, I like it a lot.

 

3. Unfortunately, I think the overall treble has increased it's presence, and dare I say, it's become somewhat sibilant. It's quite irritating. I think because the bass has been reduced it has become more pronounced. The D7000 are a pair I usually crank up loud, but certainly not anymore. 

 

 

Overall, if I had to describe the overall change, it would be refined. Poor recordings are more sibilant, but detail in bass and treble has definitely increased. These definitely sound more refined and closer to my HE-6.

post #5698 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

Ok after a few hours listening

 

1. Bass is certainly more controlled. There's not so much a giant bloat of bass, but more control transparency and discrepancy  within the bass region

 

2. Due to the above the midrange is really nice now. It's still warm, but doesn't have the bump from the boomy bass. It's a very warm yet very controlled sound, I like it a lot.

 

3. Unfortunately, I think the overall treble has increased it's presence, and dare I say, it's become somewhat sibilant. It's quite irritating. I think because the bass has been reduced it has become more pronounced. The D7000 are a pair I usually crank up loud, but certainly not anymore. 

 

 

Overall, if I had to describe the overall change, it would be refined. Poor recordings are more sibilant, but detail in bass and treble has definitely increased. These definitely sound more refined and closer to my HE-6.


You just did the damping right? Still stock earpads?

post #5699 of 7156

Is this better that audiotechnica M50 please tell me....... i jus wanna know if bass is better than that .....
With Regards 
Headphonemania7

post #5700 of 7156

What's the main difference between the J$ ear pads and the MarkL ear pads?  (for the denons)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000