Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AH-D7000 - Page 362

post #5416 of 7143

Called Denon today still no stock and they escaleted my case whatever that means still no ETA  from them. I asked flat out if they were discontinued and the rep told me he has not heard they were being discontinued and if they are they are keeping it quiet from their employees and customers.

post #5417 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

Called Denon today still no stock and they escaleted my case whatever that means still no ETA  from them. I asked flat out if they were discontinued and the rep told me he has not heard they were being discontinued and if they are they are keeping it quiet from their employees and customers.


Frank I gotta say that I thought Denon is a reputable company but the customer service you are describing is that of a crappy company that doesn't give a flying **** about their customers especially when they are paying good money for the product..

post #5418 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeskd View Post


Frank I gotta say that I thought Denon is a reputable company but the customer service you are describing is that of a crappy company that doesn't give a flying **** about their customers especially when they are paying good money for the product..

the  only thing I am confused by is they do not call when they say they will with the ETA. I will try again Tuesday and try to get a commitment but they do not have stock and they should care more. Japanese companies were once very good those day seem to be coming to an end..If I would not have called the OEM I would not even know where the headphones were.

post #5419 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

the  only thing I am confused by is they do not call when they say they will with the ETA. I will try again Tuesday and try to get a commitment but they do not have stock and they should care more. Japanese companies were once very good those day seem to be coming to an end..If I would not have called the OEM I would not even know where the headphones were.

I think Denon is owned by an American conglomerate headed by Mitt Romney, maybe in their 100% Japanese days things were different?

post #5420 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeskd View Post

I think Denon is owned by an American conglomerate headed by Mitt Romney, maybe in their 100% Japanese days things were different?

 

It's a good thing that they aren't owned buy the U.S. Senate.

post #5421 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeskd View Post

I think Denon is owned by an American conglomerate headed by Mitt Romney, maybe in their 100% Japanese days things were different?

 

 

      new/facepalm.gif

post #5422 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Mostro View Post

 

 

      new/facepalm.gif

No reason to face palm, he's entirely correct.

post #5423 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagothur View Post

No reason to face palm, he's entirely correct.

 

I read that article too... Denon was bought in part by Bain Capital, which has Mitt Romney as one of its principle founders.

post #5424 of 7143

Still getting a run around and No One is letting me know when the headphones will be replaced. I called the Corporate office and it is discontinued and they have no more or will they. So beware if you need  service its a major problem now.

post #5425 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

Still getting a run around and No One is letting me know when the headphones will be replaced. I called the Corporate office and it is discontinued and they have no more or will they. So beware if you need  service its a major problem now.

Wow, thats pretty crappy of them. Im sure parts are still available for it, so I dont understand whats the hold up there, just use the parts and fix the headphones.

post #5426 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_r_ View Post

Wow, thats pretty crappy of them. Im sure parts are still available for it, so I dont understand whats the hold up there, just use the parts and fix the headphones.

I have a feeling they dont even know what they did with my headphones

post #5427 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

I have a feeling they dont even know what they did with my headphones

They better refund you with the MSRP$

post #5428 of 7143

I hope they don't "upgrade" you to the new D7100 line...
 

post #5429 of 7143

That does not make any sense. They should be obligated (like in the automotive industry) to carry spare parts for the discontinued models for several years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

Still getting a run around and No One is letting me know when the headphones will be replaced. I called the Corporate office and it is discontinued and they have no more or will they. So beware if you need  service its a major problem now.


Edited by musicman59 - 5/11/12 at 9:35am
post #5430 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagothur View Post

No reason to face palm, he's entirely correct.

Don't let facts get in the way... Romney left Bain in 1999.  He sold 100% of his ownership position to his partners in 2001.  The Denon/Marantz deal closed in 2008.  All very old news and not connected in any way, shape or form.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000