Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AH-D7000 - Page 30

post #436 of 7156
Does anybody remember how long it took for J&R to get stock again after they sold out? I got an email saying they are backordered.
post #437 of 7156
The guy I talked to on the phone said probably the middle of the month for the next shipment. So yeah, right about now....I hope. I'm really curious how these sound and I hope they actually honor the price after promising it to me on the phone. I'm a bit skeptical that they could really be better than my ath-ad2000's but I'll keep an open mind. Not like I won't be able to sell them if I don't like em at this point.
post #438 of 7156
IIRC, it was about 3-4 weeks and they were full retail when they first got back in stock.
post #439 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
The guy I talked to on the phone said probably the middle of the month for the next shipment. So yeah, right about now....I hope. I'm really curious how these sound and I hope they actually honor the price after promising it to me on the phone. I'm a bit skeptical that they could really be better than my ath-ad2000's but I'll keep an open mind. Not like I won't be able to sell them if I don't like em at this point.
I certainly prefer the Denon and D2000 and D5000 to the Audio Technica ATH-AD2000, but that's just my preferance, mainly due to the impact and deep bass presence that they deliver. Some people think they are too uncontrolled but I disagree, I'd say they sound more like a good full range speaker system than many other headphones.

With J&R, their policy for this product has always been "contact us for the best price" meaning they may not be able to show their lowest price, but if you ask, they can always do a lot better.
post #440 of 7156
yeah that's about right. I got on their "call when back in stock" list. It took about 2 weeks to get the notification and when I got the notification the price was back up to $999.
post #441 of 7156
You can still get them at B&H for $595.00, but they are not in stock there either.
post #442 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
The guy I talked to on the phone said probably the middle of the month for the next shipment. So yeah, right about now....I hope. I'm really curious how these sound and I hope they actually honor the price after promising it to me on the phone. I'm a bit skeptical that they could really be better than my ath-ad2000's but I'll keep an open mind. Not like I won't be able to sell them if I don't like em at this point.
Out of all the headphones I've listened to (a lot) the ATH-AD2000 and AH-D5000 were the most different from each other. They have very different sound signatures so be prepared.
post #443 of 7156
Was it the middle of this month or the middle of next month? Because its the 15th, so technically we're past the middle of this month!

I'd prefer not to have to wait until next month, but I won't sweat it too much.
post #444 of 7156
I was going to cancel my J$R order because I wanted to use the money on something else and get back to the 7K's later but Marlenny at J&R convinced me to ler her put the order in a HOLD status which she said will lock in the 564 price for at least two weeks.
post #445 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by odigg View Post
Out of all the headphones I've listened to (a lot) the ATH-AD2000 and AH-D5000 were the most different from each other. They have very different sound signatures so be prepared.
What convinced me was 2 headfiers that had both phones and ended up selling the ad2000's and keeping the D7000's. That and epic bass.
post #446 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevM2 View Post
Was it the middle of this month or the middle of next month? Because its the 15th, so technically we're past the middle of this month!

I'd prefer not to have to wait until next month, but I won't sweat it too much.
This month. I talked to the guy on friday and he said the last order was halfway through last month so it should be the same this month.

PS: LOL at the spellchecker for thinking I misspelled friday.
post #447 of 7156
You can call J&R and they'll give you the $550 price with free shipping. I know because I called today. They are just not advertising it on their site.

Just so everybody is aware, J&R does not allow you to return headphones unless they are defective (I asked when I called today). B&H does - I know because I've returned headphones to them before.
post #448 of 7156
Just wondering are the denons sweaty at all?
post #449 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by theBigD View Post
Just wondering are the denons sweaty at all?
post #450 of 7156
Quote:
Originally Posted by theBigD View Post
Just wondering are the denons sweaty at all?
I'm guessing you mean if they make your ears sweat? Not really, maybe a little after 3+ hours but they breathe well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000