or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail? - Page 38

post #556 of 1953
I got a new one now. Not a missed 'shipping date' but a missed 'estimate for update'. And 'missed' update is far less frustrating than 'missed' shipping date for sure.

Although I have no idea what is going on with my MPX nor when I might see it again, I must admit that Mikhail seems to be trying :P
post #557 of 1953
Wouldn't it be faster to use the internet, download the schematics for a killer amp/teach yourself electronic circuit design by reading some free books available on bittorrent, buy electrical/electronic components from a website or locally if you live in the right place, teach yourself how to solder components up to the level required for building your amp and then just build it yourself? Would that take 1-2 years to do?

Or just buy from someone who actually manufactures a product and ships it when he says he shipped it.

The craziest part of this thread was where the guy who has been waiting on his completed amp since February has his amp demoed at a meet 2 months ago (everybody loved it) but somehow he still hasn't received it.

I mean, the owner of the company has the time to load up 100's of thousands of dollars worth of electronics for a meet in order to influence even more into becoming "customers", including the equipment the customer is waiting for, has time to spend the whole day at the meet and then packs it all up and takes it all back to the batcave but he doesn't have time to get a box, tape it up, run down to the post office and send it to the dude or call fedex and have them pick it up on any of the 60 or so days following the meet in July? I order stuff on newegg on Friday and it miraculously appears in my mailbox by the following Friday, and I live guess where? Yes, Japan, across the worlds largest ocean.

Actually, considering that one of his peon's is likely in charge of packing and delivery all he really has to do is fire that guy since he is obviously bringing the entire company down by his compulsive World of Warcraft playing on company time. Seriously, as bad as this has gotten I'd find a scapegoat fast. "We figured out why 500 customers haven't received their ****. The packing/delivery dude stored it all in the corner of our warehouse and didn't realize that most of a year had passed since he last logged out of his favorite MMO. We will deal with this issue immediately."
post #558 of 1953
While I can't speak for other people, I don't have the time or the facilities to build amps (or build other things that I would find much more useful than building amps).

As far as why te person who had their stuff demoed at the meet, I seem to recall that personal also changing their amp. However if those changes have been finalized, then yes the amp should be shipped. that said I wouldn't really apply big business economics (where shipping 1000s of off the shelf items) to a small business.
post #559 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagosaku View Post
I got a new one now. Not a missed 'shipping date' but a missed 'estimate for update'. And 'missed' update is far less frustrating than 'missed' shipping date for sure.
Excuse me, I'm no native speaker.
What is a "missed estimate for update".
I think we don't have an equivalent in our culture .......
post #560 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolhahaha View Post
The craziest part of this thread was where the guy who has been waiting on his completed amp since February has his amp demoed at a meet 2 months ago (everybody loved it) but somehow he still hasn't received it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFKMan23 View Post
As far as why te person who had their stuff demoed at the meet, I seem to recall that personal also changing their amp. However if those changes have been finalized, then yes the amp should be shipped.
I sent two amps to SP for upgrades in Aug. and Sept. 2007. One was a Supra-XLR, still awaiting a replacement faceplate. The other was an ES-1, which was supposedly fully completed in Feb. 2008 when I sent Mikhail payment. Payment in full for both amps, in the amount of $6600.

Why did I sent Mikhail the money in Feb. 2008? Because he told me that the amps were completed and ready to ship.

My ES-1 was supposedly at the Colorado Head-Fi meet on July 26, 2008.

Since that time, Mikhail made several promises to me, both over the phone and email, that he is shipping the ES-1.

I am still waiting. It has been broken promise after broken promise.

If the ES-1 which was brought to the Colorado meet was my completed amp, it should've been shipped by now. Because it hasn't, I can only conclude that the amp at the meet was not mine.

If so, this was two broken promises that Mikhail made to me, when he agreed to bring both my ES-1 and Supra-XLR to the Colorado meet as proof that the amps are completed and in full working order.

This entire experience has been extremely frustrating. As of now, Mikhail has had both amps in his possession for a year. He has had my money for over seven months. He has made many promises that have been broken one after another, during the course of the seven months since Feb.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to what I can do, I welcome them.
post #561 of 1953
I would drive/bus/train/fly to Mikhails premises and demand either a) the amps; or b) a full refund, before leaving his house. Heck, thinking about it - even though the money is not the primary concern - $6600 sitting in my money market account for a year could have yielded close to $1000 in interest....scary stuff.
post #562 of 1953
that's one LONG drive.
post #563 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenithon View Post
I would drive/bus/train/fly to Mikhails premises and demand either a) the amps; or b) a full refund, before leaving his house. Heck, thinking about it - even though the money is not the primary concern - $6600 sitting in my money market account for a year could have yielded close to $1000 in interest....scary stuff.
I want to know what bank you use.... that's 15%APY. Point taken though.
post #564 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephas View Post
One was a Supra-XLR, still awaiting a replacement faceplate.
The faceplate is a part of the lid of the case.
post #565 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephas View Post

This entire experience has been extremely frustrating. As of now, Mikhail has had both amps in his possession for a year. He has had my money for over seven months. He has made many promises that have been broken one after another, during the course of the seven months since Feb.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to what I can do, I welcome them.


Is it too late to ask for a refund, or are you beyond that now?
post #566 of 1953
it seems obvious to me that elephas's amps are shelved for the time
being until mikhail sees fit to finish the work on them... i doubt any
part can take more than 6 months to fabricate... even from scratch.
unless you're talking about radioactive heavy metals...

elephas, i hope you'll get your amps within the next several mos.
just hang in there... and if bad goes to worse, you can always
take a flight to meet the man himself. i think mikhail's the type that
needs to be constantly reminded to drop what he's doing and to
get your amps done in a reasonable time frame... talking on the
phone is a good way to get some action but most of us know here
that mikhail comes off very timid and it's difficult to get mad at a guy
with a voice that seemingly could be blown away from a slight breeze...
meeting him face to face should do the job. forget about emails...
sometimes he's fast to respond. other times, no response at all.
post #567 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by takezo View Post
talking on the
phone is a good way to get some action but most of us know here
that mikhail comes off very timid and it's difficult to get mad at a guy
with a voice that seemingly could be blown away from a slight breeze...
meeting him face to face should do the job. forget about emails...
sometimes he's fast to respond. other times, no response at all.
I talked to Mikhail again on the phone several hours ago.

Mikhail has lied to me repeatedly and broken his promises consistently. To say that I am mad at him would be an understatement. Again, he made excuses and apologies. I'm sick and tired of hearing him apologize.

The one thing I do give him credit for is that he is always polite over the phone. I don't give him credit for anything else, particularly trustworthiness, credibility, or keeping promises.

I've never had anyone lie to me repeatedly and break his promises as shamelessly as Mikhail has done. I've dealt with HeadAmp, Meier Audio, Ray Samuels, Eddie Current, APureSound, Moon Audio, Headphile, Audio Cubes and other vendors. None of them treated me as badly as Singlepower, not even close.

Nothing is worth this kind of treatment. Nothing is worth the frustration and the high blood pressure of being lied to and disappointed repeatedly. This is only a headphone amp, for goodness sake.

One consolation for me is that, according to some reports, I'm not receiving special treatment from Singlepower.

I'm going to wait for a little bit more time. Then that will be it, and I will put an end to the endless frustration. I will demand a refund from Mikhail and the sale of the amps, and that a 3rd party be appointed to serve as arbitrator. I realize that this arbitrator would have no legal powers, and Mikhail has no legal obligation to agree to this. But I think that 3rd party arbitration would be in both of our best interests.
post #568 of 1953
This thread will remain on topic or it will be closed. Posts that are nothing more than a witch hunt against SP will be deleted as will pop psychology, threats against SP and inaccurate legal opinions.
post #569 of 1953
Nevermind. Already gone.
post #570 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrion View Post
This thread will remain on topic or it will be closed. Posts that are nothing more than a witch hunt against SP will be deleted as will pop psychology, threats against SP and inaccurate legal opinions.
Fanboy posts justifying the delays and lies, insults against honest members that are already hurt and inaccurate legal opinions pro this Mikhail guy are perfectly ok though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?