or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail? - Page 21

post #301 of 1953
About the legal talk, remember that there's considerable diversity of citizenship among the customers. An attorney or firm in Colorado may not be the best answer for everyone.
post #302 of 1953
Has anyone spoken to Mikhail in the last few days?

All I get is an answer phone
post #303 of 1953
Only a couple of people have responded in my thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/mod...ikhail-343787/

I am getting e-mails and PM's which basically state that people don't want to come forward in fear of retaliation and even longer wait times or no resolution whatsoever.

I can empathize, but if this is the case, then the situation is even more volatile than previously thought. If a member has to fear that s/he won't get their money back or product delivered because of a complaint, then what kind of manufacturer are we talking about here.

Mikhail might be in a little over his head, but I would be surprized to find out that he is more dishonest than a couple of white lies and procrastination.

I feel that Mikhail, like Xin, needs to shut down his new order taking, and provide a "written in stone" timeframe for each of his outstanding new purchases and repairs. If he is in trouble, I'm sure the good natured members of Head-Fi would be willing to help him out to resolve this, even if it takes some time.
But silence, and new orders currently being taken are not acceptable.

If everyone was to speak out about what they are owed, even if it's 50-60 people, then we will know what is on the table and cut through the fog and clear this mess up, one case at a time.

C'mon people. Post in the other thread and let's see what we are truly dealing with here. There is no reason to "send in the hounds" yet, until it seems like no effort is being made to clear this up.
post #304 of 1953
If anyone is looking for legal rep..here is a good website I use to pick mine

Find A Lawyer, Attorney, Law Firms and Attorneys - Lawyers.com

Look for AV rated...(yes I know its a popularity contest among attorneys..but its the only semi-reasonable measure of performance
post #305 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesebert View Post
If anyone is looking for legal rep..here is a good website I use to pick mine
(...)

the only semi-reasonable measure of performance
Speaking of ''measure of performance'' there is one you seems forgetting:

How usefull is hiring a lawyer if you seek (taking a wild guess here) to obtain a less than $5000 compensation, if the total amount for the legal fees are equal or above that figure?

Legal actions in these type of case are probably best served by the amp owners themselves under local consumer laws. Want to go to Colorado to experience your own skills in that matter?

There's also the possibility of a ''group action'' ( sorry for not using the proper common law terms here) for similar cases. Yep I would be curious about how on earth this could be done with a complex mixture of US residents and non-residents....

Legal action...that's the ticket.....

Amicalement

PS
Seems to me that Aaron's recent actions are more usefulls.
post #306 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic View Post
Speaking of ''measure of performance'' there is one you seems forgetting:

How usefull is hiring a lawyer if you seek (taking a wild guess here) to obtain a less than $5000 compensation, if the total amount for the legal fees are equal or above that figure?
You should consult with an attorney regarding litigation strategy before posting; at least you should read the statutes first (consumers have many options when they are wronged).
post #307 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesebert View Post
You should consult with an attorney regarding litigation strategy before posting; at least you should read the statutes first (consumers have many options when they are wronged).
I dont ''consult'' attorneys even when they are in my classroom...

Amicalement


PS
Seems to me that you did not understand one word of my post.
post #308 of 1953
I've just deleted some posts that were engaging in speculation about $$$ amounts. Let's not do that...let's let anyone who wishes to do so post their FACTUAL amounts in the other thread.
post #309 of 1953
No skin in this game - just a humble country lawyer offering my 2 cents.

This is a small class action case. IMO, aggrieved SP customers should use head-fi as a networking tool to come to a collective decision regarding pursuing litigation or other remedy. If litigation is the answer, multiple members pooling their resources to pay what should be a hefty retainer (I know I would ask for at least $10-$15K) will ease the pain.

Hire local counsel in the county where SP holds all or most of its assets. This case is less about liability than collection.

As far as attorney's fees go, they can be awarded in a case like this if fraud can be proved, or pursuant to a consumer protection statute (my state, Illinois, allows for fee awards for violations of the Consumer Fraud Act - I would be surprised if Colorado did not have a similar statute).

As far as other remedies go, law enforcement will tell you this is a civil matter. You can try your luck with state or local consumer protection officials, but you may have better luck opening your window and shouting really loud.

Of course the really cruddy thing is that Mikhail could just eventually go BK, and as all SP customers are unsecured creditors, they would get bupkus.
post #310 of 1953
I got some skin in the game. Mikhail has my amp and after being told the amp should be here by now i decided to casually stroll through the forums. To my dismay I stumbled upon this thread.

Honesty is key here and I feel like I'm being lied to and that is what upsets me.

So I have nothing new to add but this: The last time I paid this much for services complete with white lies, my pee burned.

Ok ok bad humor but I figured what the hell sounds like a few of us could use it.
post #311 of 1953
Mine showed up yesterday. I got about 6-7 hours with the speaker system with it and close to one hour with the balanced 650.
I had every intention of sending this amp back if it had even one tiny flaw. it hasnt shown any so far. i have yet to move in the better tube set and it is still a very, very good preamp.
Same powerful big SP sound but more neutral and transparent than any of the others from SP I have heard. Ton of detail. and huge soundstage with the most depth my system has shown so far.
So now I am thinking I probably will do bussiness again once he gets caught up.
I will be doing head to head comparisons with the Audio research Ref. 3 and VTL 7.5 preamps both in mine and my friends systems. Not sure if this matters or not but my local friend also got his 500.00 bucks worth of tubes.
The power supply is using
2-WE393A rectifiers
1-6n45
3-0a3
I am currently using a pair of TungSol Roundplates into a quad of Sylvania VT-231s on the preamp section. I am going to roll in some 2c51s and RCA 6bl7gta today after work. I think the sound should get even more detailed and dynamic than it already is with these tubes.
post #312 of 1953
Congrats and glad to here you got your amp
post #313 of 1953
congrats tom. Hopefully this means Mikhail is getting his backlog resolved.
post #314 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom hankins View Post
Mine showed up yesterday. I got about 6-7 hours with the speaker system with it and close to one hour with the balanced 650.
I had every intention of sending this amp back if it had even one tiny flaw. it hasnt shown any so far. i have yet to move in the better tube set and it is still a very, very good preamp.
Same powerful big SP sound but more neutral and transparent than any of the others from SP I have heard. Ton of detail. and huge soundstage with the most depth my system has shown so far.
So now I am thinking I probably will do bussiness again once he gets caught up.
I will be doing head to head comparisons with the Audio research Ref. 3 and VTL 7.5 preamps both in mine and my friends systems. Not sure if this matters or not but my local friend also got his 500.00 bucks worth of tubes.
The power supply is using
2-WE393A rectifiers
1-6n45
3-0a3
I am currently using a pair of TungSol Roundplates into a quad of Sylvania VT-231s on the preamp section. I am going to roll in some 2c51s and RCA 6bl7gta today after work. I think the sound should get even more detailed and dynamic than it already is with these tubes.
Please can you post as much as possible about your amp as mine will have a somewhat similar power supply (although more complex with more tubes)
post #315 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom hankins View Post
So now I am thinking I probably will do bussiness again once he gets caught up.
Nice review....but I'm totaly amazed by your sudden change of attitude. Reading the ups and downs of your emotional roller-coaster in this thread it's simply flabergasting . It's nothing short of a good exemple of Stockholm syndrome...

Good news at least you have it.

Amicalement
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?