or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail? - Page 15

post #211 of 1953
I'll post an update in the "Supremus Forum."
post #212 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephas View Post
I'll post an update in the "Supremus Forum."
Cool.
post #213 of 1953
Since this thread began, has anyone (aside from Neil) received their amp from SP?
post #214 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang View Post
Since this thread began, has anyone (aside from Neil) received their amp from SP?
I caught him at the airport a little bit ago and he said he was delivering an amp to San Francisco this weekend.
Purk got his HE90s that were being worked on.
He told me mine would go out within 30 days max. So I guess stuff is starting to move out.
post #215 of 1953
Thanks, Tom, for the update. Hopefully we will all receive our amps soon.
post #216 of 1953
I know Mikhail has serious problems with making and meeting commitments. What would this group suggest as a way of getting his attention more effectively?
post #217 of 1953
Stop sending over lump sums of thousands of dollars and praying of getting your amp (new, repaired or upgraded) before end of the year?
post #218 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenithon View Post
Stop sending over lump sums of thousands of dollars and praying of getting your amp (new, repaired or upgraded) before end of the year?
does he require full payment of an amp upon order. that's probably part of the problem. no real incentive to finish the work in a timely manner if you have 100 percent of the purchase price in pocket. a down payment with remainder due upon completion, i suspect, would give him the motivation to gets these amps completed in a more reasonable time frame - maybe. of course, that probably would not help people who are merely having repairs or upgrades that much.
post #219 of 1953
Ve hav vays!
post #220 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcoheda View Post
does he require full payment of an amp upon order. that's probably part of the problem. no real incentive to finish the work in a timely manner if you have 100 percent of the purchase price in pocket. a down payment with remainder due upon completion, i suspect, would give him the motivation to gets these amps completed in a more reasonable time frame - maybe. of course, that probably would not help people who are merely having repairs or upgrades that much.
He does not require full payment. I can't remember the percentage, maybe 50%, then 50% on delivery.
post #221 of 1953
I think Mikhail needs a little support here.

The real problem is Mikhail is a nice guy and people expect fast turn around. Mikhail might make a reasonable estimate on the work but have no idea of the emergencies and other issues that will arise.

I believe Purk sent his HE90’s to Mikhail a month or 2 ago desperate for a repair. So where should Purks needs be placed? 60-day minimum wait before Mikhail even gets to look at them? At the end of the line?

Purk got his HE90’s back earlier this week. Are their other people waiting who have been waiting longer? Yes- much longer.

Where should repairs and emergency needs go?

It would be really enlightening to have the amp manufacturers give an idea of the work they do. Hours a day distribution between R+D, assembly, repair, parts sourcing, incoming inspection, shipping and receiving, billing emails, answering questions, phone calls…………………..


After all- what’s the guy do with his free time? He WORKS!


Mitch
post #222 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by blubliss View Post
He does not require full payment. I can't remember the percentage, maybe 50%, then 50% on delivery.
if that's true, then he must just accept too many orders. plus it seems like he spends a decent amount of time building new amps, which seems odd, because they seem to be one-offs anyway. i'm sure there are other reasons as well - good and bad.

to whose who are waiting, good luck. to those who are considering, be informed.
post #223 of 1953
I actually met him at today's Head-Fi San Mateo meet. He came rather late, and brought a whole bunch of huge amps. So he is still alive, people.
post #224 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcoheda View Post
if that's true, then he must just accept too many orders. plus it seems like he spends a decent amount of time building new amps, which seems odd, because they seem to be one-offs anyway. i'm sure there are other reasons as well - good and bad.

to whose who are waiting, good luck. to those who are considering, be informed.
New releases create the most interest and fast orders. Many want to have the newest, bestest amps on the market.
post #225 of 1953
I was actually going to start a similar thread, because over the last few days he was not replying to my emails and I have three phone-numbers to reach him at that all have full voice-mail boxes. He is a very nice guy to deal with (just not so reliable) so I was worried that there was some emergency. I guess if others have had similar experiences in the past, there's nothing to worry about now and he's probably OK. Either way, I'd still like to complete my business with him. It'd be helpful if he had a receptionist.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?