or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail? - Page 115

post #1711 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
Well, in seamaster's defence, Mikhail was being communicative with certain people at that time last year, including me; and he had just participated in and sponsored the 2008 Colorado meet. He pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes.

On the other hand, I was oblivious to Mikhail's shenanigans at the time and seamaster wasn't. I found out about Mikhail's deceitful practices after I posted my Sq Wave XL mini-review and people pointed me to the threads about him.
Have u heard of him recently? Given your location, is his shop still open for operation?
post #1712 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post
Have u heard of him recently? Given your location, is his shop still open for operation?
I think Mikhail moved somewhere into the country to hide out and is probably going to be hard to find these days. Until somebody files suit and has to serve process he is not going to make any appearances in the near future.
post #1713 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
Well, in seamaster's defence, Mikhail was being communicative with certain people at that time last year, including me; and he had just participated in and sponsored the 2008 Colorado meet. He pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes.

On the other hand, I was oblivious to Mikhail's shenanigans at the time and seamaster wasn't. I found out about Mikhail's deceitful practices after I posted my Sq Wave XL mini-review and people pointed me to the threads about him.
Thank you Larry to back me up. I thought he sponsored the 2008 Colorado meet, and should be legit, I was wrong.

I been around for a while even my post count only little over 150. I do not talk a lot because I don't write very good English. Lucky I ONLY lost 500 USD in this deal.

Is he still holding someone's money? We should sue him as a group. I will pitch in just for the community.
post #1714 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
Thank you Larry to back me up. I thought he sponsored the 2008 Colorado meet, and should be legit, I was wrong.

I been around for a while even my post count only little over 150. I do not talk a lot because I don't write very good English. Lucky I ONLY lost 500 USD in this deal.

Is he still holding someone's money? We should sue him as a group. I will pitch in just for the community.
This is not a good class action; everybody has been defrauded in different ways and there are requirements that must be satisfied for a class action that are unlikely to be met here. Unfortunately, the law likely requires everybody to file their own suits, which can be costly and time consuming. However, if there are enough plaintiffs that come forward, a plaintiffs' lawyer will possibly take the case for free. Don't forget about the statute of limitations for fraud, so if you want to file an action, you would need to do it before the statute runs.
post #1715 of 1960
I feel bad for those who were taken advantage of. Seamaster what is going to happen with your amp now?
post #1716 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyb213 View Post
I feel bad for those who were taken advantage of. Seamaster what is going to happen with your amp now?
I sent a copy of all my email and wrote a detailed letter to my credit card company, they gave my money back in the end. Now I ordered WA22 instead.
post #1717 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if he built/sold you (and others such as Skylab) a "good" amp considering your status on Head-fi, then just sold the broken gear to fairly unknown people who would just get shot down on the forums if they complained.
I actually begged and pleaded for him to sell me the "demo" Square Wave XL so I wouldn't have to wait 6 months for him to build me one. I saved $500 buying the "used" demo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post
Have u heard of him recently? Given your location, is his shop still open for operation?
I stayed in communication with him for a couple of months after the 7/26/08 meet, and he would always reply to questions about the way the amp worked by email and phone. The last time we exchanged emails was 9/9/08, when he answered some questions and told me that he was preparing a large volume to be able to ship in 48 hours. He was going to send me internal photos for my review, then I never heard from him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
I sent a copy of all my email and wrote a detailed letter to my credit card company, they gave my money back in the end. Now I ordered WA22 instead.
The WA22 is very nice - you should be happy with it. I had the WA22 prototype in my home for 2 weeks before the Colorado meet on 7/25/09, and compared it to my $2500 ZDT. With Grados and Sennheiser I felt the two amps were fairly well matched, but the ZDT did surpass the WA22 with my Denon and K1000 headphones.
post #1718 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if he built/sold you (and others such as Skylab) a "good" amp considering your status on Head-fi, then just sold the broken gear to fairly unknown people who would just get shot down on the forums if they complained.
Well I never bought anything from him directly - both the amps I bought were used. And both are BAD
post #1719 of 1960
"...eBay cooperates with law enforcement..."

Not usually unless legal action by said law enforcement agency is threatened against Ebay. Local white collar crime unit here has had to "threaten" ebay with legal action by state AG office on numerous occassions to get them to cooperate in providing the identity of sellers who are suspected of selling stolen merchandise.
post #1720 of 1960
I strongly suggest that you read eBay's privacy policy and then Google for links to articles where eBay has cooperated with law enforcement on a criminal investigation. You won't have to look too hard because there are a lot of them.

In most cases, eBay does not require a subeona to release user information to law enforcement.

As is usually the case, the truth often lies somewhere between two extremes. I didn't mean to suggest that eBay turns over information to law enforcement whenever they ask. The service has its own legal department and eBay's attorneys are most likely reviewing these requests. But you seem to be suggesting that eBay never cooperates with law enforcement unless under threat of legal action, and that assertion is flatly untrue. Though I don't doubt that there have been some instances where trifles like due process of law and the constitution might have stood in the way of cooperation.

--Jerome
post #1721 of 1960
this thread saddens me deeply. I have not checked headfi religiously for quite some time now (>12months! LOL, yes i know, I should be commended) and never in a gazillion years thought Singlepower would stoop this low.

Another funny revelation was also that Beresford fiasco
post #1722 of 1960

MPX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
Well I never bought anything from him directly - both the amps I bought were used. And both are BAD
What went sour with the MPX3?
post #1723 of 1960
I am very disappointed and let down with this situation and hope to get my money back. Should have never placed an order even though the first purchase was OK.
post #1724 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
What went sour with the MPX3?
The transformer was definitely running far too hot. It was becoming discolored. It was just a matter of time.
post #1725 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
The transformer was definitely running far too hot. It was becoming discolored. It was just a matter of time.
Did you have a transformer cover over it? If so, was that hot, or was the open transformer hot? I have the cover. It is not hot at all. But I wonder if I should take it off. I have the high power option (450-500 plate voltage for the output tubes), but I also see I have larger rails and different PS caps thsn the pictures of other MPX3s
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?