or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail? - Page 107

post #1591 of 1960
You have my condolences and I hope your new Gilmore design turns out to be amazing. Mikhail should go to jail.
post #1592 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan123 View Post
I own 2 SP amps.... It saddens me how Single Power and Mikhail could go down hill and treat his customers so bad. Makes me wonder if Mikhail sold his business to another person? I was lucky and treated better then most it seems. i hope i never have any issues with my amps.
Be curious if you ever opened up your amp to see if you got what you paid for, or just too afraid as you believe it to sound better than anything you have ever heard, blah blah tape recorded response.

Also the burnt boards, this is not the first I've seen. Mikhail's ES-1 also have burned boards, serious design flaws.
post #1593 of 1960
WOW. This truly does get worse and worse. That is really, really awful.
post #1594 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbd2884 View Post
Be curious if you ever opened up your amp to see if you got what you paid for, or just too afraid as you believe it to sound better than anything you have ever heard, blah blah tape recorded response.
So if he opened them up and they looked like they were supposed to, would it be only then that he knew they sounded good or were the best he ever heard?
post #1595 of 1960
[QUOTE=mbd2884;5535755]Be curious if you ever opened up your amp to see if you got what you paid for, or just too afraid as you believe it to sound better than anything you have ever heard, blah blah tape recorded response.
QUOTE]

Can you just go away...please!

Let me explain, you are not contributing anything in a constructive manner and openly mock people. This attitude is not going to help people who have been blatantly ripped off by Mikhail. People own Mikhail's amps, but their purchase (either new or used) was not part of an elaborate conspiracy by these individuals to defraud other (potential) Singlepower owners. And if these Singlepower owners enjoy their amps why not let them enjoy them because their enjoyment or lackthereof again is not going to help the other individuals in question.
post #1596 of 1960
Sorry this continuous to get worse rather than better. Truly a sad state of affairs.
post #1597 of 1960
Whoever has the money to buy $15,000 amps and such should put their considerable earning potential towards putting this guy in the slammer. If you do it successfully, I think every headfier would chip in $20.

I mean, stealing carbon fiber feet? That's like fifth grade crap.

Nobody should be sending in their stuff to Mikhail, never again, Drew from Moon supposedly has a good guy that can fix these. Sending him anything of yours is like giving an injured mouse to your cat to try and heal. He's either going to take it to keep for himself if it isn't too broken and cut you off, or mail it back after charging you.

What, exactly, was he going to do for $1250? Isn't it covered under warranty? If there was ever a problem with my Rockhopper M3, and I called up Stephen and he said "Sure I'll fix it...for $500" I'd die laughing. Good builders like him are so different from Mikhail.

It's really time for some people to take a road trip down there and talk to him in person. Especially those with $2000 or more stolen.
post #1598 of 1960
I would contribute monetarily to some sort of defence fund (or lynch mob ).
post #1599 of 1960
Yep, we just need to start a fund, with the right amount of money, Singlepower can be put into the ground. So many headfiers have been completely robbed and sold crap. It's like 10-100 headfiers have had their cars stolen or houses badly damaged beyond repair, or something - you guys are like audio flood victims. A community like Head-fi should step up and have a fundraiser to hire the legal help needed to shut this guy down. And we need a thread for all the robbed people to communicate their exact, up to date situation with the legal help. I think there's such a thread in progress, but yeah just need a complete listing of how much everyone has lost, or who has been sold non working amps, or who has had their stuff stolen.
post #1600 of 1960
mrarroyo posted a picture of his MPX3 where his board is also burning. This after Mikhail did over $3000 worth of upgrades.

Also pointing out design flaw is not trolling for those who are whining.




post #1601 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermafia View Post
Yep, we just need to start a fund, with the right amount of money, Singlepower can be put into the ground. So many headfiers have been completely robbed and sold crap. It's like 10-100 headfiers have had their cars stolen or houses badly damaged beyond repair, or something - you guys are like audio flood victims. A community like Head-fi should step up and have a fundraiser to hire the legal help needed to shut this guy down. And we need a thread for all the robbed people to communicate their exact, up to date situation with the legal help. I think there's such a thread in progress, but yeah just need a complete listing of how much everyone has lost, or who has been sold non working amps, or who has had their stuff stolen.
Sign me up. I'll give $50 just to see that vermin squirm. Somebody with organizational skills (ie, not me) get this together!
post #1602 of 1960
I suggested an investigative reporter from a local news station (Aurora or Denver) in another SP thread.

At the very least it's worth a try.

Peete.
post #1603 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete View Post
I suggested an investigative reporter from a local news station (Aurora or Denver) in another SP thread.

At the very least it's worth a try.

Peete.
You mean Tom Martino? I think he has gone national, but he is/was very entertaining. I am not sure deformed circuit boards and broken promises will resonate as well with his audience as leaky roofs and crumbling foundations, but it's worth a try. When I watched his show in the Boulder area in the 1990s, he was very factual and very hard hitting, but i hear that financial success has spoiled both him and Dr. Phil.
post #1604 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
You mean Tom Martino? I think he has gone national, but he is/was very entertaining. I am not sure deformed circuit boards and broken promises will resonate as well with his audience as leaky roofs and crumbling foundations, but it's worth a try. When I watched his show in the Boulder area in the 1990s, he was very factual and very hard hitting, but i hear that financial success has spoiled both him and Dr. Phil.
Yeah that's the guy. It's worth a try ...who knows he might be very interested in such a story. The amount of money involved isn't trivial or small potatoes by any means.


Peete.
post #1605 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwicker7 View Post
Sign me up. I'll give $50 just to see that vermin squirm. Somebody with organizational skills (ie, not me) get this together!
I just hope Mikhail doesn't trick us all and step up to the plate and collect money for a lawsuit against himself then bolt with the money :P.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?