or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail? - Page 98

post #1456 of 1953
i can't imagine anyone who has read this or similar threads buying or ordering an amp from singlepower. i wonder how much business he really does outside of the head-fi community and if those people have had any issues with their amps.
post #1457 of 1953
i think that where an amp becomes harder to get, it increases its percieved value, because of the implicit cost involved in getting it. and since alot of audio is subjective anyway, percieved value is alot more significant in determining SQ than it would be in many other industries
post #1458 of 1953
This guy should not be allowed to handle electronic equipment.
post #1459 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds View Post
This guy should not be allowed to handle electronic equipment.
Why?
post #1460 of 1953
What amazes me most is how many SP users continue to defend him. At this point, who cares if your SP amp sounds good or not, supporting someone as despicable as Mikhail is just wrong. What matters is even less is if you had good relations years ago, its about now, what has happened in the last few years. Just very disheartening from some of Head-Fi community IMO.
post #1461 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahvetti View Post
Why?
The most obvious reason to me is the way that power supply on page 70 or has been put together. Putting aside the terrible design, it is just downright dangerous. Having large heavy unsecured blocks sliding around in a power supply is reckless and shows no consideration for the safety of the customer.

I won't even go into the point to point wiring and overall design characteristics. To me those amps look like a vehicle for clearing out large stocks of boutique caps. I'd be willing to bet that is the business strategy.
post #1462 of 1953
Ah, you were talking about Mikhail then... And not the previous poster.

This downfall of Singlepower is really not a nice thing. I hope the individuals still having issues at least get their money back, which seems really not too likely to happen.
post #1463 of 1953
Newbies might not be awared of the problem with Single Power. Even recently someone has asked me whether to get a SP amp or not, definately warning is important.
post #1464 of 1953
I can say that i find the PPX and MPX models to be among best of their time and still are very very good sounding amps in their class, if still not the best in their class. Now, this is my opinion. But I am willing to bet that if i took 100 random samples of people who have heard these amps and their competition, over 50% would agree with me. I don't there's even any controversy about this, is there?

"The evil that men do lives after them, the good is oft interred with their bones."

Now, since I am anticipating the "Hitler guilt by association argument", I will also say, equally unequivocally, that Hitler was NOT a good artist.
post #1465 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
I can say that i find the PPX and MPX models to be among best of their time and still are very very good sounding amps in their class, if still not the best in their class. Now, this is my opinion. But I am willing to bet that if i took 100 random samples of people who have heard these amps and their competition, over 50% would agree with me. I don't there's even any controversy about this, is there?

"The evil that men do lives after them, the good is oft interred with their bones."

Now, since I am anticipating the "Hitler guilt by association argument", I will also say, equally unequivocally, that Hitler was NOT a good artist.
Did you hear what I just did? I farted it.

/Yawn
post #1466 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
I just learned that SP is still making and delivering PPXs and MPX3s. I am really glad to hear that, as these amps - which were once the bread and butter of SP - are outstanding. It would be sad to see them go.
What is your source of this information? Thanks.
post #1467 of 1953
If you ask mikhail, he's also still delivering and fixing his other amps, I'd be willing to bet.
post #1468 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbd2884 View Post
What amazes me most is how many SP users continue to defend him.
You keep saying this, and SP users are not continuing to "defend him." You've made it clear that you think Mikhail is evil. Fine. Why do you have to keep casting aspersions on other members of this community? You tend to do this in other threads as well. Are you here just to show how smart you are and pass judgment on everyone else?
post #1469 of 1953
To The Monkey: I read it just before i posted on here in a post about some guy who took delivery and was asking questions.

To Phil: You're right I am talking about high quality headphone amps here, not gas chambers. I guess this difference is so subtle that it must have eluded some of the more erudite posters on the current topic.
post #1470 of 1953
Double post.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?