or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail? - Page 70

post #1036 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
From my understanding, it wasn't the P2P per se that is the problem. Most SinglePower P2P internal shots I have seen (aside from Elephas' messy and over-upgraded ES-1) are quite well done. Rather, it is parts run outside their design tolerances that are causing issues. Burning FETs, overloaded resistors, etc.

Mind you, this is just semantics at this point......
The original P2P amps .... PPX3/ MPX3/ Supra didnt have these issues. The ES-1 and ES-2 etc... didnt even exist. I am not arguing that there are not issues with the current amps. But, the older P2P amps have held up well. I still see old chassis MPX3s I owned three years ago on their fifth or sixth owner that have been moved around, bumped, roughed up and and shipped all over the country.
post #1037 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacd lover View Post
But, the older P2P amps have held up well.
Fair enough!
post #1038 of 1953
The problem with SP has nothing to do with the older amps. They are still going strong and have stood up well as time has passed.
Wodgy hasnt got a clue.
If Mikhail was still building amps that were as reliable as the early amps this thread would not exist. Its his newer amps that dont work.
The reason people are pissed is because he lies about delivery times and then what you finally get does not even work, and isnt what you wanted to begin with. It seems like nowadays most of the amps that go out have problems.
The two amps I bought 6 and 5 years ago (both P2P) are still going strong without issues with there new owners. i should have never let them go. I would not be in the mess I am now.
post #1039 of 1953
My SDS-XLR delivered in Oct 2005 has had zero problems.

IMO it's the stuff from 2007 onwards where the quality has slipped
post #1040 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom hankins View Post
The problem with SP has nothing to do with the older amps. They are still going strong and have stood up well as time has passed.
Wodgy hasnt got a clue.
If Mikhail was still building amps that were as reliable as the early amps this thread would not exist. Its his newer amps that dont work.
The reason people are pissed is because he lies about delivery times and then what you finally get does not even work, and isnt what you wanted to begin with. It seems like nowadays most of the amps that go out have problems.
Revisionist history. There was a reason people started to open up those early amps... because they were breaking too often in transit.

You really don't see a connection between Mikhail's early lack of quality and the fact that "nowadays most of the amps that go out have problems"? Mikhail's workmanship has always been shoddy. It improved for a period from 2004-2006, because he was pressured to switch to PCBs, but without ongoing pressure he seems to always slip towards mediocrity in construction.
post #1041 of 1953
Just received an email from Kingwa at Audio-dg. What he is doing for his customers, with quick responses, and I'm getting his unbelievable service for 258$ Amp just fresh out of R&D for him. And what he is doing from the email I received, I didn't even ask him, never mentioned it to him, he's doing it without being suggested to from me.

I'm sorry but reading these things just makes me so angry, here is Kingwa showing incredible commitment to service, and yes, he is also a small company and he does all the R&D for his company, and his service is light years better than Mikhail who is charging atrocious prices for his service.

I mean have you all heard about Tyson's dealing with Kingwa? DHL lost his shipment on 3 very heavy balanced duo mono audio gear for his speakers. Kingwa immediately had them hand build again, without ANY questions, and shipped to him immediately, all for free.
post #1042 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCity View Post
Makhail,,,I am doing the best I can with some of these people. I only have about 4 more outstanding big orders that were development items that took a long time. Everyone else who orders gets there's as soon as they order.
I ship any new orders within 24 to 36 hours. Oh, and that is because I
only sell what I have in store stock. Otherwise, it is well known that
any custom amps will take time.

I am going to wrap up these last outstanding orders and then really be
careful about new custom development projects. I'm getting there,
everyone will be happy within a week.
-
Thank You,
Mikhail Rotenberg
Singlepower Audio Inc.
ok so if this is an actual email from SP and I do not doubt that it is that means that 1/23/2009 Tom, Dan, Elephas and all others with outstanding orders/repairs will have working amps in their possession according to Singlepower?
post #1043 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp11801 View Post
ok so if this is an actual email from SP and I do not doubt that it is that means that 1/23/2009 Tom, Dan, Elephas and all others with outstanding orders/repairs will have working amps in their possession according to Singlepower?
Not me I still want him to provide decent pics to make sure that everything I asked for is there before he ships
post #1044 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp11801 View Post
ok so if this is an actual email from SP and I do not doubt that it is that means that 1/23/2009 Tom, Dan, Elephas and all others with outstanding orders/repairs will have working amps in their possession according to Singlepower?
I can say for sure it is from Mikhail, because he sent it to me yesterday.

My question is why does it say "Quote from Rockcity"? I cut and pasted the e mail?
post #1045 of 1953
Yeah I dunno my last couple of emails from him were this:

Dan,

Don't worry it will arrive and you will like it. We'll talk tomorrow
and it should be on it's way.

Dan,

If it doesn't come up by tonight, then I will fly it out to you. Let me
make sure it's been scanned and processed by FedEx at the main facility.

Dan,

It should show processed tracking by 12:00 in the morning. No more
waiting for the delivery, it will be there

SPA
to me

show details Jan 18 (2 days ago)


Reply


Dan,

That's 12:00 tomorrow morning Dan. Sorry I didn't add that, they do not
work that late on the weekends. Dan, don't worry the amp will arrive
within several days.

Well today was that tomorrow and it still hasn't changed from its info transmitted but still not in Fedex's possession status.
post #1046 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMahler View Post
In a very VERY Small way, Mikhail's abuse towards his customers has compromised Head-fi's very own integrity. That is NOT comical. The fact that I am out 10 grand is NOT comical. And the fact that other people are out an abundance of money is NOT comical.
It's also created a venue for every Tom, Dick and Harry to put in their 2 cents, based not on their own experience, but the admittedly sad experience of others and then adding their own self-righteous moral outrage. Talk about taking hostages.

Now some of these dudes have used this thread to peddle their favorite vendor's products from big ming.

What hypocracy.
post #1047 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
It's also created a venue for every Tom, Dick and Harry to put in their 2 cents, based not on their own experience, but the admittedly sad experience of others and then adding their own self-righteous moral outrage. Talk about taking hostages.

Now some of these dudes have used this thread to peddle their favorite vendor's products from big ming.

What hypocracy.
No, it is not hypocrisy. It is reasonable to discuss options, and possible vendors other than Singlepower.

You say that the customers being lied to by Mikhail, and some receiving low-quality product, is a "sad experience?" No, it is not sad. Something bad happening that is no one's fault is sad. A pet falling ill is sad. Me not winning the lottery is sad.

The whole "Singlepower experience" of being lied to, jerked around and deceived is not sad. It's a case where people are being lied to and BS'ed by Singlepower. It is caused by one company's deceptive and unethical business practices. And more and more, in addition to the typical long delays and broken promises well-known by now, there are some reports of sub-standard product being delivered, non-working amps, amps breaking down, etc.

This isn't sad, it is Mikhail and Singlepower not delivering the product as promised. It is SP not living up to its responsibilities. SP customers have to deal with all this, and it doesn't make me sad. It makes me angry.
post #1048 of 1953
^ well said
post #1049 of 1953
Still no movement. He claims by 12 noon.. but I'm not really feeling it.
post #1050 of 1953
wow... SP is just slapping their customers around way too much..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?