Their bass extension is what keeps me liking them. The highs can become sibilant depending on the recording, which is a shame, but other than that they've been the best all-around headphone for me. The bass has been the closest to a flat, yet deep extending full-size speaker system for a headphone that I've heard. It's the reason I enjoy them for music so much more than my PSB speaker setup, even though the PSBs have a more neutral response.
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/29/11
- productSony MDR-SA5000 DJ Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Alternative to Grado ? Last post on 9/26/11 at 7:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable, open, flat/neutral, highly detailed and resolving headphones? (< ~$500) Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony SA 5000 vs Denon D2000 Electronic music Last post on 4/8/11 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I think I've decided on my headphone/amp combo for electronic music... a little advice real... Last post on 11/22/10 at 6:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone for highs Last post on 1/21/11 at 8:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Review: Denon D2000 - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 23211/10/11 at 1:32pmpost #228 of 23211/10/11 at 1:35pmI'm looking for a replacement/strong competitor to the D2000... I ordered mine october 23rd. JR has had 0 in stock since October 3rd and can only tell me they are backordered by denon. Denon cant even tell me when they are expecting another shipment because no one replied to the email they sent asking about it. i really dont want to sit around for a couple months listening to MeElec M11+'s for everything, especially since my monster turbines are broken and I dont feel like getting them fixed for the 4th time since buying them in february. Last time they made me wait for 3 months for those too, which is why I'm just using the m11+.
I'm looking at beyerdynamic's 770, 880, and 990 (600 ohm). Wondering if I should simply succumb and get ath m50. Also looking at ultrasone's offerings but the pro 780 and pro 750 both look ugly. Pro 900 is out of budget (250).....decisions decisions.....post #229 of 23211/22/11 at 3:36pm
The Beyers are very different from the D2000s - great detail but much less low end (although I personally would prefer them to the D2000s). Which aspect of the D2000s makes you interested in them? If its low impedance I would recommend anything Grado over the D2000, if it is a closed phone - I really don't have much of a recommendation, but if you are looking for high quality reference phones I personally found the HD650s to be far superior - although certainly not closed and certainly not low impedance.post #230 of 2324/29/12 at 12:48pm
I've been using my newly purchased Denon D2000 for over a month now. This is probably my first real expensive headphone. I've read tons of reviews and decided on these instead of the Ultrasone PRO 900 and the Beyers DT770. I'd have to admit that I'm impressed on the overall headphone but a little disappointed in the bass department. The bass is good but just isn't what I was looking for. Right now I'm powering it with the Tritton AX720 decoder box. I also have the Asus Xonar DG PCI sound card I switch to sometimes. I've heard that the D2000 are real picky with their amp and it sounds better with proper amplification.
What amp would you guys recommend in the $100-$150 range.
Headphones I've had before are the Shure 750DJ and the Koss KSC75post #231 of 2328/16/12 at 5:35pm
I've had a Denon D2000 for a few days and they were pretty ok with a FiiO E17. Although when I sold the E17 and got the Furutech ADL Cruise, they sounded ultra thin a piercing. I returned the D2000 right away and got a Sennheiser HD598 instead. I was wondering, is the Denon D2000 really dependent on the amp synergy, or are they hard to drive? I'm interested in getting a pair again and see how they match to my CLAS + RxMK3 combopost #232 of 2328/19/12 at 7:31pmQuote:The D2000 are easy to drive (only 25 ohms), and in my experience, they are anything but piercing. Seems like either you got a defective D2000 or you had amp issues.Originally Posted by alterstar
I've had a Denon D2000 for a few days and they were pretty ok with a FiiO E17. Although when I sold the E17 and got the Furutech ADL Cruise, they sounded ultra thin a piercing. I returned the D2000 right away and got a Sennheiser HD598 instead. I was wondering, is the Denon D2000 really dependent on the amp synergy, or are they hard to drive? I'm interested in getting a pair again and see how they match to my CLAS + RxMK3 combo
- Review: Denon D2000
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Basshead Club 16 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 41 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 50 seconds ago
- › Best closed back headphone for gaming 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. LATEST Specifications just added.... 1 minute ago
- › Speakers recommendation for desktop 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM-700 impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob