Their bass extension is what keeps me liking them. The highs can become sibilant depending on the recording, which is a shame, but other than that they've been the best all-around headphone for me. The bass has been the closest to a flat, yet deep extending full-size speaker system for a headphone that I've heard. It's the reason I enjoy them for music so much more than my PSB speaker setup, even though the PSBs have a more neutral response.
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/29/11
- productSony MDR-SA5000 DJ Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Alternative to Grado ? Last post on 9/26/11 at 7:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable, open, flat/neutral, highly detailed and resolving headphones? (< ~$500) Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony SA 5000 vs Denon D2000 Electronic music Last post on 4/8/11 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I think I've decided on my headphone/amp combo for electronic music... a little advice real... Last post on 11/22/10 at 6:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone for highs Last post on 1/21/11 at 8:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
Review: Denon D2000 - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 23211/10/11 at 1:32pmpost #228 of 23211/10/11 at 1:35pmI'm looking for a replacement/strong competitor to the D2000... I ordered mine october 23rd. JR has had 0 in stock since October 3rd and can only tell me they are backordered by denon. Denon cant even tell me when they are expecting another shipment because no one replied to the email they sent asking about it. i really dont want to sit around for a couple months listening to MeElec M11+'s for everything, especially since my monster turbines are broken and I dont feel like getting them fixed for the 4th time since buying them in february. Last time they made me wait for 3 months for those too, which is why I'm just using the m11+.
I'm looking at beyerdynamic's 770, 880, and 990 (600 ohm). Wondering if I should simply succumb and get ath m50. Also looking at ultrasone's offerings but the pro 780 and pro 750 both look ugly. Pro 900 is out of budget (250).....decisions decisions.....post #229 of 23211/22/11 at 3:36pm
The Beyers are very different from the D2000s - great detail but much less low end (although I personally would prefer them to the D2000s). Which aspect of the D2000s makes you interested in them? If its low impedance I would recommend anything Grado over the D2000, if it is a closed phone - I really don't have much of a recommendation, but if you are looking for high quality reference phones I personally found the HD650s to be far superior - although certainly not closed and certainly not low impedance.post #230 of 2324/29/12 at 12:48pm
I've been using my newly purchased Denon D2000 for over a month now. This is probably my first real expensive headphone. I've read tons of reviews and decided on these instead of the Ultrasone PRO 900 and the Beyers DT770. I'd have to admit that I'm impressed on the overall headphone but a little disappointed in the bass department. The bass is good but just isn't what I was looking for. Right now I'm powering it with the Tritton AX720 decoder box. I also have the Asus Xonar DG PCI sound card I switch to sometimes. I've heard that the D2000 are real picky with their amp and it sounds better with proper amplification.
What amp would you guys recommend in the $100-$150 range.
Headphones I've had before are the Shure 750DJ and the Koss KSC75post #231 of 2328/16/12 at 5:35pm
I've had a Denon D2000 for a few days and they were pretty ok with a FiiO E17. Although when I sold the E17 and got the Furutech ADL Cruise, they sounded ultra thin a piercing. I returned the D2000 right away and got a Sennheiser HD598 instead. I was wondering, is the Denon D2000 really dependent on the amp synergy, or are they hard to drive? I'm interested in getting a pair again and see how they match to my CLAS + RxMK3 combopost #232 of 2328/19/12 at 7:31pmQuote:The D2000 are easy to drive (only 25 ohms), and in my experience, they are anything but piercing. Seems like either you got a defective D2000 or you had amp issues.Originally Posted by alterstar
I've had a Denon D2000 for a few days and they were pretty ok with a FiiO E17. Although when I sold the E17 and got the Furutech ADL Cruise, they sounded ultra thin a piercing. I returned the D2000 right away and got a Sennheiser HD598 instead. I was wondering, is the Denon D2000 really dependent on the amp synergy, or are they hard to drive? I'm interested in getting a pair again and see how they match to my CLAS + RxMK3 combo
- Review: Denon D2000
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Can Con Sydney Australia 7.0 20 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 39 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 3 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Buy "OSSIC X" or not? 7 minutes ago
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear