Their bass extension is what keeps me liking them. The highs can become sibilant depending on the recording, which is a shame, but other than that they've been the best all-around headphone for me. The bass has been the closest to a flat, yet deep extending full-size speaker system for a headphone that I've heard. It's the reason I enjoy them for music so much more than my PSB speaker setup, even though the PSBs have a more neutral response.
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/29/11
- productSony MDR-SA5000 DJ Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Alternative to Grado ? Last post on 9/26/11 at 7:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable, open, flat/neutral, highly detailed and resolving headphones? (< ~$500) Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony SA 5000 vs Denon D2000 Electronic music Last post on 4/8/11 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I think I've decided on my headphone/amp combo for electronic music... a little advice real... Last post on 11/22/10 at 6:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone for highs Last post on 1/21/11 at 8:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review: Denon D2000 - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 23211/10/11 at 1:32pmpost #228 of 23211/10/11 at 1:35pmI'm looking for a replacement/strong competitor to the D2000... I ordered mine october 23rd. JR has had 0 in stock since October 3rd and can only tell me they are backordered by denon. Denon cant even tell me when they are expecting another shipment because no one replied to the email they sent asking about it. i really dont want to sit around for a couple months listening to MeElec M11+'s for everything, especially since my monster turbines are broken and I dont feel like getting them fixed for the 4th time since buying them in february. Last time they made me wait for 3 months for those too, which is why I'm just using the m11+.
I'm looking at beyerdynamic's 770, 880, and 990 (600 ohm). Wondering if I should simply succumb and get ath m50. Also looking at ultrasone's offerings but the pro 780 and pro 750 both look ugly. Pro 900 is out of budget (250).....decisions decisions.....post #229 of 23211/22/11 at 3:36pm
The Beyers are very different from the D2000s - great detail but much less low end (although I personally would prefer them to the D2000s). Which aspect of the D2000s makes you interested in them? If its low impedance I would recommend anything Grado over the D2000, if it is a closed phone - I really don't have much of a recommendation, but if you are looking for high quality reference phones I personally found the HD650s to be far superior - although certainly not closed and certainly not low impedance.post #230 of 2324/29/12 at 12:48pm
I've been using my newly purchased Denon D2000 for over a month now. This is probably my first real expensive headphone. I've read tons of reviews and decided on these instead of the Ultrasone PRO 900 and the Beyers DT770. I'd have to admit that I'm impressed on the overall headphone but a little disappointed in the bass department. The bass is good but just isn't what I was looking for. Right now I'm powering it with the Tritton AX720 decoder box. I also have the Asus Xonar DG PCI sound card I switch to sometimes. I've heard that the D2000 are real picky with their amp and it sounds better with proper amplification.
What amp would you guys recommend in the $100-$150 range.
Headphones I've had before are the Shure 750DJ and the Koss KSC75post #231 of 2328/16/12 at 5:35pm
I've had a Denon D2000 for a few days and they were pretty ok with a FiiO E17. Although when I sold the E17 and got the Furutech ADL Cruise, they sounded ultra thin a piercing. I returned the D2000 right away and got a Sennheiser HD598 instead. I was wondering, is the Denon D2000 really dependent on the amp synergy, or are they hard to drive? I'm interested in getting a pair again and see how they match to my CLAS + RxMK3 combopost #232 of 2328/19/12 at 7:31pmQuote:The D2000 are easy to drive (only 25 ohms), and in my experience, they are anything but piercing. Seems like either you got a defective D2000 or you had amp issues.Originally Posted by alterstar
I've had a Denon D2000 for a few days and they were pretty ok with a FiiO E17. Although when I sold the E17 and got the Furutech ADL Cruise, they sounded ultra thin a piercing. I returned the D2000 right away and got a Sennheiser HD598 instead. I was wondering, is the Denon D2000 really dependent on the amp synergy, or are they hard to drive? I'm interested in getting a pair again and see how they match to my CLAS + RxMK3 combo
- Review: Denon D2000
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 10 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Chicago Head-Fi Meet - August 8th 12:00 to 7:00 pm at Tweak Studio 34 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Apple Music... Seriously? 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Macaw GT100S IEMs by... 5 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 7 minutes ago
- › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones... 7 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by RedTwilight
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)