New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FREE Sennheiser headphones - Page 2  

post #16 of 88
Thread Starter 
no problem-- as long as the end result is a YouTube video. have fun!
post #17 of 88
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLife View Post
if they change it to written review, i could do it...

However, no video camera =(
...as the previous post says, as long as it is a you tube video, I'm OK with that...if you can creatively get around it, thats cool.
post #18 of 88
Well how would you have the phone present if you don't have a camera?
post #19 of 88
ill try and come up with something =)

i just remembered that my new laptop has a built in web cam...i just never installed the software for it haha...im wondering how my phone would look....i dont think i can get a full 30FPS, would look like a slide show.
post #20 of 88
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLife View Post
ill try and come up with something =)

i just remembered that my new laptop has a built in web cam...i just never installed the software for it haha...im wondering how my phone would look....i dont think i can get a full 30FPS, would look like a slide show.
no worries about framerate haha. i can't wait to see the results!
post #21 of 88
Thread Starter 
i'll give this another week or so, then i'll have to pull the contest down. *bump*
post #22 of 88
if i owned some senn's i would so do this because there are no reviews... which means whoever enters wins right now. lol.
post #23 of 88
I have no Senns, and I'm from Canada, so I still can't do this... good contest for those who can do it though
post #24 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuk_Fai View Post
good contest for those who can do it though
I disagree, and I'm surprised more people haven't said something about this. I usually keep quiet when I don't agree with someone, especially a Head-fi sponsor, but this 'contest' really bugs me. If the prize was more substantial it probably wouldn't be such an issue, as people might be getting fair compensation for their efforts. The way things are at the moment tho I don't feel this is the case.

I'm glad no one has entered so far.
post #25 of 88
Canadian, and I've only got HD25-1 atm. Went through 580, 600, 650, PX100, PMX60 but all I've got is the out of production. Ah well, don't know what I'd do with a pair of buds...
post #26 of 88
aah, i wish i had some kind of video recorder
post #27 of 88
A set of earbuds to perform an internet advertising service for Sennheiser about one of their finest products (The Surrounder) seems meh payment for my time. I do however, fall outside of the remit of the terms of this employment anyway, being in Europe.

If I may suggest, that you offer one prize, a better one (what does the cost of 20 sets of buds come to? offer that priced model?), for the BEST video review (and by which I do not mean the most positive glowing one) contributed by a member from anywhere in the world.

That's a real competition. What you've got here is a handout.
post #28 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by gz76 View Post
I disagree, and I'm surprised more people haven't said something about this. I usually keep quiet when I don't agree with someone, especially a Head-fi sponsor, but this 'contest' really bugs me. If the prize was more substantial it probably wouldn't be such an issue, as people might be getting fair compensation for their efforts. The way things are at the moment tho I don't feel this is the case.

I'm glad no one has entered so far.
In the way I see things, 25$ for 60 seconds of video is a great deal.
post #29 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envoy of Light View Post
In the way I see things, 25$ for 60 seconds of video is a great deal.
So you're okay with providing time and effort to produce viral advertising for a large corporation, essentially free of charge? You know there are people who get paid thousands of dollars to do that sort of thing... you're selling yourself short. There's too much of this exploitation going on with the internet these days.

The only way I could see anyone being okay with a $25 value prize is if they currently work in a sweat shop and are looking to earn more.
post #30 of 88
TheDeliveryMan, I'd love to participate in this program, but I live in Canada. If the issue is shipping, I'm sure we could work something out. If the issue is legality, I don't live in Quebec, so there's no problem with this being a 'sweepstakes' of sorts.

However, I assume that the issue is probably shipping costs. Again, we could probably work something out. I could pay the difference in shipping costs, for example.


With regard to the exploitation in this promotion, I don't think that it's exploitation. In the worst regard, Sennheiser is calling for actors in their commercials; In my regard, Sennheiser wants people to post short reviews on YouTube, because they know that the reviews will be appreciative ones. I'm a student, and an MX500 is worth the time that it would take for me to make this review. In fact, as I said before, I'd even throw in the shipping!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked