- 65 Posts. Joined 7/2009
- Location: London
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240 looking for amp help Last post on 1/7/11 at 2:57am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D2 Boa vs Fiio E7 Last post on 9/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp recommendation for Shure SRH840's Last post on 2/17/11 at 2:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 vs Ibasso D2 Last post on 5/15/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Differences in the ibasso range? Last post on 5/12/10 at 6:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
- Headphone Impedance
Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. . - Page 76
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Would the D2+ be a good candidate for this? Or would I be just fine (and save ~$130!) with a USB sound card like the Turtle Bay Audio Advantage Micro?
I'm not adverse to getting a D2+ if it is going to be a definite improvement in sound quality, as I'm assuming the D2+ has a better DAC, but since the A700 doesn't "need" amplification is putting down $170 for the D2+ truly necessary just to get a slightly better DAC?
I have been reading around for a couple of days and yet to make a decision. I have a pair of shure SCL4 and i was thinking about getting the d2+ boa , the problem is I have been seeing people talking about them being bass light and brittle. The SCL4 is not the warmest IEM out there so I am afraid they will have bad synergy. Any thoughts?
Can the iBasso Boa be used to listen to FLACs from the computer using the USB connection and not the audi-in on the lapotopo?
As a side note has anyone tried swapping caps in this amp? I've searched for a thread or post about this but haven't come across any. My Boa came with Elna 22uf 25v radial Stargets > Shenzhen Wandiantong Electronics 4.7uf 100v box > Chemicon 10uf 50v radial which all appear to be on the input side (before the volume pot). Because it's so tight I can't see if these are in parallel or serial, but I suspect parallel. I've already swapped the Stargets and Chemicons with equivalent Silmic II's. And I have to say that the music has gained some control & clarity... it's interesting. Gain was particularly in the bass & mid ranges. Although the top end is also a little clearer there's still a bit too much sparkle here. Have to replace the Shenzhen box caps yet.
Sorry to drag up an old thread but it would be nice to hear some opinions of Boa users that still own the amp/DAC that now have some miles on them. I think it was Headphone Addict that mentioned in this thread about some other Ibasso amp that didn't reach it's full potential until it had 300+ hours on it. My D2 Boa has over 250 hours on it now and I can still hear improvements, Listening to Mark Isham's Blue Sun album there is a very real and organic sound to his trumpet, Listening with Etymotic Er4's there is nothing missing from the music, very nice. To anyone who is looking for a good USB DAC/Amp I think it would be hard to find anything better for the $'s spent, just be patient with the burn-in process....;-)
Edited by andrew3199 - 12/23/10 at 3:54pm
- Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. .
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 4 seconds ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Help me decide- getting an IEM & a portable amp 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2