- 65 Posts. Joined 7/2009
- Location: London
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240 looking for amp help Last post on 1/7/11 at 2:57am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D2 Boa vs Fiio E7 Last post on 9/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp recommendation for Shure SRH840's Last post on 2/17/11 at 2:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 vs Ibasso D2 Last post on 5/15/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Differences in the ibasso range? Last post on 5/12/10 at 6:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
- Headphone Impedance
Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. . - Page 76
Would the D2+ be a good candidate for this? Or would I be just fine (and save ~$130!) with a USB sound card like the Turtle Bay Audio Advantage Micro?
I'm not adverse to getting a D2+ if it is going to be a definite improvement in sound quality, as I'm assuming the D2+ has a better DAC, but since the A700 doesn't "need" amplification is putting down $170 for the D2+ truly necessary just to get a slightly better DAC?
I have been reading around for a couple of days and yet to make a decision. I have a pair of shure SCL4 and i was thinking about getting the d2+ boa , the problem is I have been seeing people talking about them being bass light and brittle. The SCL4 is not the warmest IEM out there so I am afraid they will have bad synergy. Any thoughts?
Can the iBasso Boa be used to listen to FLACs from the computer using the USB connection and not the audi-in on the lapotopo?
As a side note has anyone tried swapping caps in this amp? I've searched for a thread or post about this but haven't come across any. My Boa came with Elna 22uf 25v radial Stargets > Shenzhen Wandiantong Electronics 4.7uf 100v box > Chemicon 10uf 50v radial which all appear to be on the input side (before the volume pot). Because it's so tight I can't see if these are in parallel or serial, but I suspect parallel. I've already swapped the Stargets and Chemicons with equivalent Silmic II's. And I have to say that the music has gained some control & clarity... it's interesting. Gain was particularly in the bass & mid ranges. Although the top end is also a little clearer there's still a bit too much sparkle here. Have to replace the Shenzhen box caps yet.
Sorry to drag up an old thread but it would be nice to hear some opinions of Boa users that still own the amp/DAC that now have some miles on them. I think it was Headphone Addict that mentioned in this thread about some other Ibasso amp that didn't reach it's full potential until it had 300+ hours on it. My D2 Boa has over 250 hours on it now and I can still hear improvements, Listening to Mark Isham's Blue Sun album there is a very real and organic sound to his trumpet, Listening with Etymotic Er4's there is nothing missing from the music, very nice. To anyone who is looking for a good USB DAC/Amp I think it would be hard to find anything better for the $'s spent, just be patient with the burn-in process....;-)
Edited by andrew3199 - 12/23/10 at 3:54pm
- Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Help, need advice to find "right" headphone 17 seconds ago
- › Aluminum Grado Gimbals 2 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic MMX300 Gaming Headset 3 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 3 minutes ago
- › Bryston bha1 year old 1000$ 5 minutes ago
- › Millett "Starving Student" hybrid amp 6 minutes ago
- › I need help!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 7 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)