- 65 Posts. Joined 7/2009
- Location: London
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240 looking for amp help Last post on 1/7/11 at 2:57am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D2 Boa vs Fiio E7 Last post on 9/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp recommendation for Shure SRH840's Last post on 2/17/11 at 2:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 vs Ibasso D2 Last post on 5/15/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Differences in the ibasso range? Last post on 5/12/10 at 6:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Chord Electronics Limited U.K.Model: MojoPrice: $599 at moon-audio.com Volume Control: One “+” and one “-” volume ball button.Power Connector: USB, Micro BBattery Life:...
*This review comes from my Portable Amp / Dac Shootout.Posted as a reference for users. For the full review, see: [[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Resonessence LabsModel: CONCERO HPPrice: $850...
Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. . - Page 76post #1126 of 11418/6/09 at 4:31amI kept the amp running for past 2 days at almost untolerable volume levels. Today when i came home, a miracle has happened. Some bass has started coming out. Previously i used to keep the volume knob of D2 at 11'o clock. Now I have to keep it between 12 and 1'o clock. But sound quality has tremendously improved. I am still keeping wmp graphic equalizer sliders few notches higher. But I can happily conclude that i now enjoy some awesome bass. Well its not in good quantity, but of really good quality.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1127 of 11419/20/09 at 10:52pmIs anyone using the D2+ just as a DAC? Quite tempted to go for one of these over something like a V-DAC to go with a pair ok KRK active monitors as it can double as a headphone amp when I go out.post #1128 of 11419/21/09 at 10:06ampost #1129 of 11419/21/09 at 6:39pmI am trying to concoct a library listening rig for my laptop based around a ATH-A700. I know the A700's dont need an amp, but I was looking to use it mostly as a DAC, since the line out on my Dell E1505 is unacceptably noisy.
Would the D2+ be a good candidate for this? Or would I be just fine (and save ~$130!) with a USB sound card like the Turtle Bay Audio Advantage Micro?
I'm not adverse to getting a D2+ if it is going to be a definite improvement in sound quality, as I'm assuming the D2+ has a better DAC, but since the A700 doesn't "need" amplification is putting down $170 for the D2+ truly necessary just to get a slightly better DAC?post #1130 of 11419/21/09 at 11:06pmpost #1131 of 11419/29/09 at 8:57pmI have been reading around for a couple of days and yet to make a decision. I have a pair of shure SCL4 and i was thinking about getting the d2+ boa , the problem is I have been seeing people talking about them being bass light and brittle. The SCL4 is not the warmest IEM out there so I am afraid they will have bad synergy. Any thoughts?post #1132 of 11419/29/09 at 9:37pmpost #1133 of 11419/29/09 at 10:27pmpost #1134 of 11411/21/10 at 6:48pmpost #1135 of 11411/21/10 at 10:26pmpost #1136 of 11411/22/10 at 12:46ampost #1137 of 11411/22/10 at 1:06amQuote:I have been reading around for a couple of days and yet to make a decision. I have a pair of shure SCL4 and i was thinking about getting the d2+ boa , the problem is I have been seeing people talking about them being bass light and brittle. The SCL4 is not the warmest IEM out there so I am afraid they will have bad synergy. Any thoughts?post #1138 of 11414/28/10 at 10:22pmQuote:Can the iBasso Boa be used to listen to FLACs from the computer using the USB connection and not the audi-in on the lapotopo?
As a side note has anyone tried swapping caps in this amp? I've searched for a thread or post about this but haven't come across any. My Boa came with Elna 22uf 25v radial Stargets > Shenzhen Wandiantong Electronics 4.7uf 100v box > Chemicon 10uf 50v radial which all appear to be on the input side (before the volume pot). Because it's so tight I can't see if these are in parallel or serial, but I suspect parallel. I've already swapped the Stargets and Chemicons with equivalent Silmic II's. And I have to say that the music has gained some control & clarity... it's interesting. Gain was particularly in the bass & mid ranges. Although the top end is also a little clearer there's still a bit too much sparkle here. Have to replace the Shenzhen box caps yet.post #1139 of 114112/23/10 at 1:48pm
Sorry to drag up an old thread but it would be nice to hear some opinions of Boa users that still own the amp/DAC that now have some miles on them. I think it was Headphone Addict that mentioned in this thread about some other Ibasso amp that didn't reach it's full potential until it had 300+ hours on it. My D2 Boa has over 250 hours on it now and I can still hear improvements, Listening to Mark Isham's Blue Sun album there is a very real and organic sound to his trumpet, Listening with Etymotic Er4's there is nothing missing from the music, very nice. To anyone who is looking for a good USB DAC/Amp I think it would be hard to find anything better for the $'s spent, just be patient with the burn-in process....;-)
Edited by andrew3199 - 12/23/10 at 3:54pm
- Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. .
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Home-Made IEMs 13 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › JRIVER OUTPUT INTO FLAC 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › sensible upgrade from Titanium HD? 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Old VS new IE80 VS DUNUs VS 1more 8 minutes ago
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear