- 65 Posts. Joined 7/2009
- Location: London
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240 looking for amp help Last post on 1/7/11 at 2:57am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D2 Boa vs Fiio E7 Last post on 9/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp recommendation for Shure SRH840's Last post on 2/17/11 at 2:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 vs Ibasso D2 Last post on 5/15/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Differences in the ibasso range? Last post on 5/12/10 at 6:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Review to come when i have some time. Bottom line is, if you can pick these up on sale, they are a good buy for what they are. They are fairly comfortable, have ample bass which sadly lacks a...
Okay, these are my thoughts after a few hours. I recognize that's it's only been a few hours, but my opinion rarely changes with additional time. Initial Impressions: As has been...
I recently parted with my V-Moda Crossfade M-100 DJ Headphones and decided to move into something new. I had heard a lot about the Sennheiser HD 8 DJ and had a chance to own a pair for a Discount...
To be able to value my review I think it is important to mention some things about my preferences and experience with audio equipment and writing reviews. This is my first review for audio gear and...
Hifiman EF2A Review Overview:This is my first headphone amp review and I'm just going to review the amp section of this headphone amp as the DAC is nothing special, a bit better than most computer...
- Headphone Impedance
Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. . - Page 76
Would the D2+ be a good candidate for this? Or would I be just fine (and save ~$130!) with a USB sound card like the Turtle Bay Audio Advantage Micro?
I'm not adverse to getting a D2+ if it is going to be a definite improvement in sound quality, as I'm assuming the D2+ has a better DAC, but since the A700 doesn't "need" amplification is putting down $170 for the D2+ truly necessary just to get a slightly better DAC?
I have been reading around for a couple of days and yet to make a decision. I have a pair of shure SCL4 and i was thinking about getting the d2+ boa , the problem is I have been seeing people talking about them being bass light and brittle. The SCL4 is not the warmest IEM out there so I am afraid they will have bad synergy. Any thoughts?
Can the iBasso Boa be used to listen to FLACs from the computer using the USB connection and not the audi-in on the lapotopo?
As a side note has anyone tried swapping caps in this amp? I've searched for a thread or post about this but haven't come across any. My Boa came with Elna 22uf 25v radial Stargets > Shenzhen Wandiantong Electronics 4.7uf 100v box > Chemicon 10uf 50v radial which all appear to be on the input side (before the volume pot). Because it's so tight I can't see if these are in parallel or serial, but I suspect parallel. I've already swapped the Stargets and Chemicons with equivalent Silmic II's. And I have to say that the music has gained some control & clarity... it's interesting. Gain was particularly in the bass & mid ranges. Although the top end is also a little clearer there's still a bit too much sparkle here. Have to replace the Shenzhen box caps yet.
Sorry to drag up an old thread but it would be nice to hear some opinions of Boa users that still own the amp/DAC that now have some miles on them. I think it was Headphone Addict that mentioned in this thread about some other Ibasso amp that didn't reach it's full potential until it had 300+ hours on it. My D2 Boa has over 250 hours on it now and I can still hear improvements, Listening to Mark Isham's Blue Sun album there is a very real and organic sound to his trumpet, Listening with Etymotic Er4's there is nothing missing from the music, very nice. To anyone who is looking for a good USB DAC/Amp I think it would be hard to find anything better for the $'s spent, just be patient with the burn-in process....;-)
Edited by andrew3199 - 12/23/10 at 3:54pm
- Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › [Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey... 1 minute ago
- › J+- Wooden IEM 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 7 minutes ago
- › Comparison / Review : A tale of two Sennheisers – HD600 vs HD700 7 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6) 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kman1211
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by MarcadoStalker7
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by gopats1479
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by Hi-Fi'er
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)