Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Half-way to MS-1000 and Getting Upgrade-titus Last post on 8/20/10 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- MS1000 vs RS1 vs GS1000 VS MS pro Last post on 8/26/10 at 4:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on Today at 1:43 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro MS Pro: Bass Distortion Problem? Last post on 11/14/11 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphones (Alessandro MS Pro) Last post on 9/27/11 at 3:10am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning] - Page 148post #2206 of 244811/2/11 at 7:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2207 of 244811/3/11 at 10:46ampost #2208 of 244811/3/11 at 12:41pmThread Starterpost #2209 of 244811/3/11 at 12:52pmpost #2210 of 244811/10/11 at 4:27pmpost #2211 of 244811/11/11 at 7:10am
Great! So the jumbos fit in them. Might buy/ebay one then XD
Quote:post #2212 of 244811/11/11 at 4:07pm
Want me to take a photo of it? :P
ACTUALLY, I have a question, is the MS1000 ALL aluminium or there's still some plastic left around the driver?
Edited by Grev - 11/11/11 at 4:26pmpost #2213 of 244811/11/11 at 6:16pmpost #2214 of 244811/11/11 at 6:24pm
I still don't know if the premade MS1000 from Jaben are all aluminium then... damn.
EDIT: I'm dumb, I unscrewed the pink aluminum and saw the driver encased in plastic. :P
Edited by Grev - 11/16/11 at 9:37pmpost #2215 of 244811/14/11 at 11:42am
Hello! Just got my G-Cush pads today and already have the MS-Pro and would like to experiment the MS-Ultimate Mod. Can someone remember the post# where the details for the Ultimate is discuss?
Thank you!post #2216 of 244811/14/11 at 11:49amQuote:
I thought they were the same mods as the MS1000. All of those are explained in posts 1-3. You also might want to search the thread for the term MS Ultimate just in case the punch holes for bass are different. Perhaps the MS Ultimate doesnt need the added bass. I would tend to think it doesnt.post #2217 of 244811/14/11 at 12:02pm
Thank's for the reply. I did find it in the beginning posts (tought it was much later). Do you know if someone still make the distancer (liberator??)?
Quote:Originally Posted by pseudohippy
I thought they were the same mods as the MS1000. All of those are explained in posts 1-3. You also might want to search the thread for the term MS Ultimate just in case the punch holes for bass are different. Perhaps the MS Ultimate doesnt need the added bass. I would tend to think it doesnt.post #2218 of 244811/14/11 at 12:46pmThread Starterpost #2219 of 244811/14/11 at 3:55pmpost #2220 of 244811/14/11 at 7:38pm
Got the G-cush pads today and I made some distancer (about 14 mm, lined wall with Dynamat & wool felt and opening is 40 mm even) from Grado plastic rings from liberated drivers and I have to say that I'm very impress with the sound on the MS-Pro. I do not understand how come they sound so good because logically adding distance between ears and the driver should just get them brighter and thin in the lower region but no. The mids are just as engaging, forward and maybe even more on the MS-Pro, the High are just perfect no sibilance and the bass are detail, punchy and thigh. But the cream of the cream is the AMAZINNNNNNNNNNNNG S-O-U-N-D-S-T-A-G-E. The instrument separation get even better with all that space. I'm listening to Dave Matthews -Some Devil album and it's just very very good. Just wanted to share this new discovery for me. Cheer
*Update* The Trinity Session from Cowboy Junkies is sounding the best I have ever heard them before.
PS: My wife was laughing when she saw me but I put the headphone on her head and she just acknowledged with a smile and she was convert.
Thanks Nickchen !
Edited by Twinster - 11/14/11 at 7:42pm
- Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 43 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones! 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP 6 minutes ago
- › United Electronics 596 Tube- NOS 6 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...