Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Half-way to MS-1000 and Getting Upgrade-titus Last post on 8/20/10 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- MS1000 vs RS1 vs GS1000 VS MS pro Last post on 8/26/10 at 4:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on 5/20/15 at 11:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro MS Pro: Bass Distortion Problem? Last post on 11/14/11 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphones (Alessandro MS Pro) Last post on 9/27/11 at 3:10am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning] - Page 148post #2206 of 244511/2/11 at 7:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2207 of 244511/3/11 at 10:46ampost #2208 of 244511/3/11 at 12:41pmThread Starterpost #2209 of 244511/3/11 at 12:52pmpost #2210 of 244511/10/11 at 4:27pmpost #2211 of 244511/11/11 at 7:10am
Great! So the jumbos fit in them. Might buy/ebay one then XD
Quote:post #2212 of 244511/11/11 at 4:07pm
Want me to take a photo of it? :P
ACTUALLY, I have a question, is the MS1000 ALL aluminium or there's still some plastic left around the driver?
Edited by Grev - 11/11/11 at 4:26pmpost #2213 of 244511/11/11 at 6:16pmpost #2214 of 244511/11/11 at 6:24pm
I still don't know if the premade MS1000 from Jaben are all aluminium then... damn.
EDIT: I'm dumb, I unscrewed the pink aluminum and saw the driver encased in plastic. :P
Edited by Grev - 11/16/11 at 9:37pmpost #2215 of 244511/14/11 at 11:42am
Hello! Just got my G-Cush pads today and already have the MS-Pro and would like to experiment the MS-Ultimate Mod. Can someone remember the post# where the details for the Ultimate is discuss?
Thank you!post #2216 of 244511/14/11 at 11:49amQuote:
I thought they were the same mods as the MS1000. All of those are explained in posts 1-3. You also might want to search the thread for the term MS Ultimate just in case the punch holes for bass are different. Perhaps the MS Ultimate doesnt need the added bass. I would tend to think it doesnt.post #2217 of 244511/14/11 at 12:02pm
Thank's for the reply. I did find it in the beginning posts (tought it was much later). Do you know if someone still make the distancer (liberator??)?
Quote:Originally Posted by pseudohippy
I thought they were the same mods as the MS1000. All of those are explained in posts 1-3. You also might want to search the thread for the term MS Ultimate just in case the punch holes for bass are different. Perhaps the MS Ultimate doesnt need the added bass. I would tend to think it doesnt.post #2218 of 244511/14/11 at 12:46pmThread Starterpost #2219 of 244511/14/11 at 3:55pmpost #2220 of 244511/14/11 at 7:38pm
Got the G-cush pads today and I made some distancer (about 14 mm, lined wall with Dynamat & wool felt and opening is 40 mm even) from Grado plastic rings from liberated drivers and I have to say that I'm very impress with the sound on the MS-Pro. I do not understand how come they sound so good because logically adding distance between ears and the driver should just get them brighter and thin in the lower region but no. The mids are just as engaging, forward and maybe even more on the MS-Pro, the High are just perfect no sibilance and the bass are detail, punchy and thigh. But the cream of the cream is the AMAZINNNNNNNNNNNNG S-O-U-N-D-S-T-A-G-E. The instrument separation get even better with all that space. I'm listening to Dave Matthews -Some Devil album and it's just very very good. Just wanted to share this new discovery for me. Cheer
*Update* The Trinity Session from Cowboy Junkies is sounding the best I have ever heard them before.
PS: My wife was laughing when she saw me but I put the headphone on her head and she just acknowledged with a smile and she was convert.
Thanks Nickchen !
Edited by Twinster - 11/14/11 at 7:42pm
- Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 7 seconds ago
- › Good headphones for music, movies, and gaming. 57 seconds ago
- › Portable speaker as big as possible 1 minute ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 1 minute ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mani phono preamp 4 minutes ago
- › Hoping to buy a Sennheiser momentum In-ear for $150 (with... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2