Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Half-way to MS-1000 and Getting Upgrade-titus Last post on 8/20/10 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- MS1000 vs RS1 vs GS1000 VS MS pro Last post on 8/26/10 at 4:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on 9/4/14 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro MS Pro: Bass Distortion Problem? Last post on 11/14/11 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphones (Alessandro MS Pro) Last post on 9/27/11 at 3:10am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning] - Page 148post #2206 of 242311/2/11 at 7:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2207 of 242311/3/11 at 10:46ampost #2208 of 242311/3/11 at 12:41pmThread Starterpost #2209 of 242311/3/11 at 12:52pmpost #2210 of 242311/10/11 at 4:27pmpost #2211 of 242311/11/11 at 7:10am
Great! So the jumbos fit in them. Might buy/ebay one then XD
Quote:post #2212 of 242311/11/11 at 4:07pm
Want me to take a photo of it? :P
ACTUALLY, I have a question, is the MS1000 ALL aluminium or there's still some plastic left around the driver?
Edited by Grev - 11/11/11 at 4:26pmpost #2213 of 242311/11/11 at 6:16pmpost #2214 of 242311/11/11 at 6:24pm
I still don't know if the premade MS1000 from Jaben are all aluminium then... damn.
EDIT: I'm dumb, I unscrewed the pink aluminum and saw the driver encased in plastic. :P
Edited by Grev - 11/16/11 at 9:37pmpost #2215 of 242311/14/11 at 11:42am
Hello! Just got my G-Cush pads today and already have the MS-Pro and would like to experiment the MS-Ultimate Mod. Can someone remember the post# where the details for the Ultimate is discuss?
Thank you!post #2216 of 242311/14/11 at 11:49amQuote:
I thought they were the same mods as the MS1000. All of those are explained in posts 1-3. You also might want to search the thread for the term MS Ultimate just in case the punch holes for bass are different. Perhaps the MS Ultimate doesnt need the added bass. I would tend to think it doesnt.post #2217 of 242311/14/11 at 12:02pm
Thank's for the reply. I did find it in the beginning posts (tought it was much later). Do you know if someone still make the distancer (liberator??)?
Quote:Originally Posted by pseudohippy
I thought they were the same mods as the MS1000. All of those are explained in posts 1-3. You also might want to search the thread for the term MS Ultimate just in case the punch holes for bass are different. Perhaps the MS Ultimate doesnt need the added bass. I would tend to think it doesnt.post #2218 of 242311/14/11 at 12:46pmThread Starterpost #2219 of 242311/14/11 at 3:55pmpost #2220 of 242311/14/11 at 7:38pm
Got the G-cush pads today and I made some distancer (about 14 mm, lined wall with Dynamat & wool felt and opening is 40 mm even) from Grado plastic rings from liberated drivers and I have to say that I'm very impress with the sound on the MS-Pro. I do not understand how come they sound so good because logically adding distance between ears and the driver should just get them brighter and thin in the lower region but no. The mids are just as engaging, forward and maybe even more on the MS-Pro, the High are just perfect no sibilance and the bass are detail, punchy and thigh. But the cream of the cream is the AMAZINNNNNNNNNNNNG S-O-U-N-D-S-T-A-G-E. The instrument separation get even better with all that space. I'm listening to Dave Matthews -Some Devil album and it's just very very good. Just wanted to share this new discovery for me. Cheer
*Update* The Trinity Session from Cowboy Junkies is sounding the best I have ever heard them before.
PS: My wife was laughing when she saw me but I put the headphone on her head and she just acknowledged with a smile and she was convert.
Thanks Nickchen !
Edited by Twinster - 11/14/11 at 7:42pm
- Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 second ago
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 1 minute ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum or V-Moda M-100 5 minutes ago
- › whats so good about beats headphones? 5 minutes ago
- › Best recording of .."The Planets".? 5 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)