Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Half-way to MS-1000 and Getting Upgrade-titus Last post on 8/20/10 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- MS1000 vs RS1 vs GS1000 VS MS pro Last post on 8/26/10 at 4:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on 10/29/16 at 7:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro MS Pro: Bass Distortion Problem? Last post on 11/14/11 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphones (Alessandro MS Pro) Last post on 9/27/11 at 3:10am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
The Zpre is a dated small form factor preamp from Parasound, that also happens to be a great headphone amplifier. It comes with the Burr Brown 2134 Opamp for those that care for this type of...
Campfire Audio Vega – initial impressions As you will know if you read my recent review on the Lyra II, I have recently been lucky enough to get the chance to hear the three newest models...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair of...
Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning] - Page 148post #2206 of 245911/2/11 at 7:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2207 of 245911/3/11 at 10:46ampost #2208 of 245911/3/11 at 12:41pmThread Starterpost #2209 of 245911/3/11 at 12:52pmpost #2210 of 245911/10/11 at 4:27pmpost #2211 of 245911/11/11 at 7:10am
Great! So the jumbos fit in them. Might buy/ebay one then XD
Quote:post #2212 of 245911/11/11 at 4:07pm
Want me to take a photo of it? :P
ACTUALLY, I have a question, is the MS1000 ALL aluminium or there's still some plastic left around the driver?
Edited by Grev - 11/11/11 at 4:26pmpost #2213 of 245911/11/11 at 6:16pmpost #2214 of 245911/11/11 at 6:24pm
I still don't know if the premade MS1000 from Jaben are all aluminium then... damn.
EDIT: I'm dumb, I unscrewed the pink aluminum and saw the driver encased in plastic. :P
Edited by Grev - 11/16/11 at 9:37pmpost #2215 of 245911/14/11 at 11:42am
Hello! Just got my G-Cush pads today and already have the MS-Pro and would like to experiment the MS-Ultimate Mod. Can someone remember the post# where the details for the Ultimate is discuss?
Thank you!post #2216 of 245911/14/11 at 11:49amQuote:
I thought they were the same mods as the MS1000. All of those are explained in posts 1-3. You also might want to search the thread for the term MS Ultimate just in case the punch holes for bass are different. Perhaps the MS Ultimate doesnt need the added bass. I would tend to think it doesnt.post #2217 of 245911/14/11 at 12:02pm
Thank's for the reply. I did find it in the beginning posts (tought it was much later). Do you know if someone still make the distancer (liberator??)?
Quote:Originally Posted by pseudohippy
I thought they were the same mods as the MS1000. All of those are explained in posts 1-3. You also might want to search the thread for the term MS Ultimate just in case the punch holes for bass are different. Perhaps the MS Ultimate doesnt need the added bass. I would tend to think it doesnt.post #2218 of 245911/14/11 at 12:46pmThread Starterpost #2219 of 245911/14/11 at 3:55pmpost #2220 of 245911/14/11 at 7:38pm
Got the G-cush pads today and I made some distancer (about 14 mm, lined wall with Dynamat & wool felt and opening is 40 mm even) from Grado plastic rings from liberated drivers and I have to say that I'm very impress with the sound on the MS-Pro. I do not understand how come they sound so good because logically adding distance between ears and the driver should just get them brighter and thin in the lower region but no. The mids are just as engaging, forward and maybe even more on the MS-Pro, the High are just perfect no sibilance and the bass are detail, punchy and thigh. But the cream of the cream is the AMAZINNNNNNNNNNNNG S-O-U-N-D-S-T-A-G-E. The instrument separation get even better with all that space. I'm listening to Dave Matthews -Some Devil album and it's just very very good. Just wanted to share this new discovery for me. Cheer
*Update* The Trinity Session from Cowboy Junkies is sounding the best I have ever heard them before.
PS: My wife was laughing when she saw me but I put the headphone on her head and she just acknowledged with a smile and she was convert.
Thanks Nickchen !
Edited by Twinster - 11/14/11 at 7:42pm
- Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD 598 CS Closed Back 19 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 48 seconds ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone amp for AKG k7xx (under 180$) will the O2 do the job? 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 7 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 7 minutes ago
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear