Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Half-way to MS-1000 and Getting Upgrade-titus Last post on 8/20/10 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- MS1000 vs RS1 vs GS1000 VS MS pro Last post on 8/26/10 at 4:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on Yesterday at 11:58 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro MS Pro: Bass Distortion Problem? Last post on 11/14/11 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphones (Alessandro MS Pro) Last post on 9/27/11 at 3:10am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning] - Page 148post #2206 of 244611/2/11 at 7:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2207 of 244611/3/11 at 10:46ampost #2208 of 244611/3/11 at 12:41pmThread Starterpost #2209 of 244611/3/11 at 12:52pmpost #2210 of 244611/10/11 at 4:27pmpost #2211 of 244611/11/11 at 7:10am
Great! So the jumbos fit in them. Might buy/ebay one then XD
Quote:post #2212 of 244611/11/11 at 4:07pm
Want me to take a photo of it? :P
ACTUALLY, I have a question, is the MS1000 ALL aluminium or there's still some plastic left around the driver?
Edited by Grev - 11/11/11 at 4:26pmpost #2213 of 244611/11/11 at 6:16pmpost #2214 of 244611/11/11 at 6:24pm
I still don't know if the premade MS1000 from Jaben are all aluminium then... damn.
EDIT: I'm dumb, I unscrewed the pink aluminum and saw the driver encased in plastic. :P
Edited by Grev - 11/16/11 at 9:37pmpost #2215 of 244611/14/11 at 11:42am
Hello! Just got my G-Cush pads today and already have the MS-Pro and would like to experiment the MS-Ultimate Mod. Can someone remember the post# where the details for the Ultimate is discuss?
Thank you!post #2216 of 244611/14/11 at 11:49amQuote:
I thought they were the same mods as the MS1000. All of those are explained in posts 1-3. You also might want to search the thread for the term MS Ultimate just in case the punch holes for bass are different. Perhaps the MS Ultimate doesnt need the added bass. I would tend to think it doesnt.post #2217 of 244611/14/11 at 12:02pm
Thank's for the reply. I did find it in the beginning posts (tought it was much later). Do you know if someone still make the distancer (liberator??)?
Quote:Originally Posted by pseudohippy
I thought they were the same mods as the MS1000. All of those are explained in posts 1-3. You also might want to search the thread for the term MS Ultimate just in case the punch holes for bass are different. Perhaps the MS Ultimate doesnt need the added bass. I would tend to think it doesnt.post #2218 of 244611/14/11 at 12:46pmThread Starterpost #2219 of 244611/14/11 at 3:55pmpost #2220 of 244611/14/11 at 7:38pm
Got the G-cush pads today and I made some distancer (about 14 mm, lined wall with Dynamat & wool felt and opening is 40 mm even) from Grado plastic rings from liberated drivers and I have to say that I'm very impress with the sound on the MS-Pro. I do not understand how come they sound so good because logically adding distance between ears and the driver should just get them brighter and thin in the lower region but no. The mids are just as engaging, forward and maybe even more on the MS-Pro, the High are just perfect no sibilance and the bass are detail, punchy and thigh. But the cream of the cream is the AMAZINNNNNNNNNNNNG S-O-U-N-D-S-T-A-G-E. The instrument separation get even better with all that space. I'm listening to Dave Matthews -Some Devil album and it's just very very good. Just wanted to share this new discovery for me. Cheer
*Update* The Trinity Session from Cowboy Junkies is sounding the best I have ever heard them before.
PS: My wife was laughing when she saw me but I put the headphone on her head and she just acknowledged with a smile and she was convert.
Thanks Nickchen !
Edited by Twinster - 11/14/11 at 7:42pm
- Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5,... 5 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 32 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 3 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS! 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › What headphone should i go for? ( budget $800) 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 6 minutes ago
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2