k701 has a high treble, but as you age, you won't able to hear some treble....soooooo listen to k701 early!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAKGtagged by System, 7/19/10
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 8/4/10
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 7/19/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Stax headphones Last post on 6/22/11 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I buy a grado? (upgradeitis kicking in full notch) + REVIEW of my experiences in mid-fi Last post on 2/7/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Old School Trio: AKG K701, Beyerdynamic DT880, Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 2/22/13 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- iBasso D4 HELP! Last post on 7/7/10 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- K701 Companion Cans Last post on 12/16/08 at 1:49am in Headphones (full-size)
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
K701 thread - Page 163
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's not how aural acuity works. Sorry.
2K?! That's smack in the middle of the presence region. Midrange. Very simply put, one has a cue as to the high frequencies from their subharmonics.
Just snapped up some 7 bumpers this week. Had a few pairs of these over the years but these are the earliest. 88xx serial and absolutely mint condition. Over the moon!
They sound amazing too. I had recently bought some new china made K702's and so its been nice to compare them..
The K702's - more comfortable, softer pads. The sound is slightly more focused, the center image is more centered (but only very slightly) - They are a smidge brighter and with a little more bass. Soundstage width is slightly less.
K701 - Less clamp but harder pads -less comfortable with bumps. Softer sound and slightly less bass. Better separation. Imaging is always subjective but I prefer it on these. You get more "wow" with good recordings. Erm..? K702's are a little drier, K701's are not so dry..
I'm using words such as "slightly" and "little" because they sound more alike than different.
Tough call to say which is best. But one thing I will say - don't ever be put off buying the China models as they are made as good as any previous ones that I've owned. (four k701, two K702 and a K712).
Plus ye don't get the bumps! They've never bothered me personally but..
- K701 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 2 minutes ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2