You'd have better luck asking/searching in this thread:
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAKGtagged by System, 7/19/10
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 8/4/10
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 7/19/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Stax headphones Last post on 6/22/11 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I buy a grado? (upgradeitis kicking in full notch) + REVIEW of my experiences in mid-fi Last post on 2/7/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Old School Trio: AKG K701, Beyerdynamic DT880, Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 2/22/13 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- iBasso D4 HELP! Last post on 7/7/10 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- K701 Companion Cans Last post on 12/16/08 at 1:49am in Headphones (full-size)
First off, these were supplied to me for review by Pandora at Brainwavz for my honest and unbiased opinion, my thanks to them for their trust in me to do this. Here is a link to them on Amazon...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
K701 thread - Page 155
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So, I finally get around to get an amp for my 701's (only owned them for 3 years). I've been using an old Marantz receiver but it's time to "upgrade". Hardware has changed a lot in the last few years so I am at loss to what amp to get. I don't mind older models and am currently eying an older Musical Fidelity X-CAN V3 or Matrix M-Stage. Am I heading the right direction or should I look at newer amps such as the Schiit?
Your input is greatly appriciated!
I have a K701 as well and personally, I can't think of a better match to it than the Burson Audio HA160 (the older model) which is on clearance now. E.g. PartsConnexion had it on sale at about $399 I believe (down from about $800). I'm using the K701s with the "high impedance" jack that is a little brighter and that balances out K701's really warm sound signature.
Hope this helps.
i dont recall that either but maybe i jsut never noticed it. you wouldnt happen to have a set to check would you?
Yeah, I don't see that gap on my pair.
How many bumps are on the K 701's headband? I have the newer version with 8 bumps, so maybe they fixed the problem with that revision.
- K701 thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze Deckard - class A amp, USB DAC 7 minutes ago
- › Companies that take advantage of audio enthusiasts 9 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 9 minutes ago
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Pre-Sale $150 Voucher, Video,... 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 11 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by dragon2knight
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2