You'd have better luck asking/searching in this thread:
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAKGtagged by System, 7/19/10
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 8/4/10
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 7/19/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Stax headphones Last post on 6/22/11 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I buy a grado? (upgradeitis kicking in full notch) + REVIEW of my experiences in mid-fi Last post on 2/7/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- iBasso D4 HELP! Last post on 7/7/10 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- K701 Companion Cans Last post on 12/16/08 at 1:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:22am in Headphones (full-size)
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
K701 appreciation thread! - Page 155
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So, I finally get around to get an amp for my 701's (only owned them for 3 years). I've been using an old Marantz receiver but it's time to "upgrade". Hardware has changed a lot in the last few years so I am at loss to what amp to get. I don't mind older models and am currently eying an older Musical Fidelity X-CAN V3 or Matrix M-Stage. Am I heading the right direction or should I look at newer amps such as the Schiit?
Your input is greatly appriciated!
I have a K701 as well and personally, I can't think of a better match to it than the Burson Audio HA160 (the older model) which is on clearance now. E.g. PartsConnexion had it on sale at about $399 I believe (down from about $800). I'm using the K701s with the "high impedance" jack that is a little brighter and that balances out K701's really warm sound signature.
Hope this helps.
i dont recall that either but maybe i jsut never noticed it. you wouldnt happen to have a set to check would you?
Yeah, I don't see that gap on my pair.
How many bumps are on the K 701's headband? I have the newer version with 8 bumps, so maybe they fixed the problem with that revision.
- K701 appreciation thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 33 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE5) 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › My Logitech Z-2300 crapped out....what should I get? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Great Condition HD600s 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 6 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)