You'd have better luck asking/searching in this thread:
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAKGtagged by System, 7/19/10
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 8/4/10
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 7/19/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Stax headphones Last post on 6/22/11 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I buy a grado? (upgradeitis kicking in full notch) + REVIEW of my experiences in mid-fi Last post on 2/7/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- iBasso D4 HELP! Last post on 7/7/10 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- K701 Companion Cans Last post on 12/16/08 at 1:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 8/17/14 at 6:03am in Headphones (full-size)
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
K701 appreciation thread! - Page 155
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So, I finally get around to get an amp for my 701's (only owned them for 3 years). I've been using an old Marantz receiver but it's time to "upgrade". Hardware has changed a lot in the last few years so I am at loss to what amp to get. I don't mind older models and am currently eying an older Musical Fidelity X-CAN V3 or Matrix M-Stage. Am I heading the right direction or should I look at newer amps such as the Schiit?
Your input is greatly appriciated!
I have a K701 as well and personally, I can't think of a better match to it than the Burson Audio HA160 (the older model) which is on clearance now. E.g. PartsConnexion had it on sale at about $399 I believe (down from about $800). I'm using the K701s with the "high impedance" jack that is a little brighter and that balances out K701's really warm sound signature.
Hope this helps.
i dont recall that either but maybe i jsut never noticed it. you wouldnt happen to have a set to check would you?
Yeah, I don't see that gap on my pair.
How many bumps are on the K 701's headband? I have the newer version with 8 bumps, so maybe they fixed the problem with that revision.
- K701 appreciation thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Rookie needs some advices. Looking for Closed Headphones. 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)