You'd have better luck asking/searching in this thread:
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAKGtagged by System, 7/19/10
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 8/4/10
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 7/19/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Stax headphones Last post on 6/22/11 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I buy a grado? (upgradeitis kicking in full notch) + REVIEW of my experiences in mid-fi Last post on 2/7/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Old School Trio: AKG K701, Beyerdynamic DT880, Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 2/22/13 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- iBasso D4 HELP! Last post on 7/7/10 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- K701 Companion Cans Last post on 12/16/08 at 1:49am in Headphones (full-size)
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
K701 appreciation thread! - Page 155
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So, I finally get around to get an amp for my 701's (only owned them for 3 years). I've been using an old Marantz receiver but it's time to "upgrade". Hardware has changed a lot in the last few years so I am at loss to what amp to get. I don't mind older models and am currently eying an older Musical Fidelity X-CAN V3 or Matrix M-Stage. Am I heading the right direction or should I look at newer amps such as the Schiit?
Your input is greatly appriciated!
I have a K701 as well and personally, I can't think of a better match to it than the Burson Audio HA160 (the older model) which is on clearance now. E.g. PartsConnexion had it on sale at about $399 I believe (down from about $800). I'm using the K701s with the "high impedance" jack that is a little brighter and that balances out K701's really warm sound signature.
Hope this helps.
i dont recall that either but maybe i jsut never noticed it. you wouldnt happen to have a set to check would you?
Yeah, I don't see that gap on my pair.
How many bumps are on the K 701's headband? I have the newer version with 8 bumps, so maybe they fixed the problem with that revision.
- K701 appreciation thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 12 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or M2 Wired 22 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 2 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Need advice for buying A/V receiver for existing Audioengine A5+... 3 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2