You'd have better luck asking/searching in this thread:
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAKGtagged by System, 7/19/10
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 8/4/10
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/11/10
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 7/19/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Stax headphones Last post on 6/22/11 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I buy a grado? (upgradeitis kicking in full notch) + REVIEW of my experiences in mid-fi Last post on 2/7/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- iBasso D4 HELP! Last post on 7/7/10 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- K701 Companion Cans Last post on 12/16/08 at 1:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 12/4/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
This is the veteran ex-flagship model from FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) was released recently. The C435 is a 4 way crossover configuration, 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
K701 appreciation thread! - Page 155
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So, I finally get around to get an amp for my 701's (only owned them for 3 years). I've been using an old Marantz receiver but it's time to "upgrade". Hardware has changed a lot in the last few years so I am at loss to what amp to get. I don't mind older models and am currently eying an older Musical Fidelity X-CAN V3 or Matrix M-Stage. Am I heading the right direction or should I look at newer amps such as the Schiit?
Your input is greatly appriciated!
I have a K701 as well and personally, I can't think of a better match to it than the Burson Audio HA160 (the older model) which is on clearance now. E.g. PartsConnexion had it on sale at about $399 I believe (down from about $800). I'm using the K701s with the "high impedance" jack that is a little brighter and that balances out K701's really warm sound signature.
Hope this helps.
i dont recall that either but maybe i jsut never noticed it. you wouldnt happen to have a set to check would you?
Yeah, I don't see that gap on my pair.
How many bumps are on the K 701's headband? I have the newer version with 8 bumps, so maybe they fixed the problem with that revision.
- K701 appreciation thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze LCD-X 21 seconds ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 41 seconds ago
- › Looking for good sound-isolating headphones 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: HisoundAudio BA100 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for computer speakers and possibly a dac. Any... 4 minutes ago
- › Does anyone own Shure SRH750DJs? Does it need an amp? 4 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 5 minutes ago
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi