I heard the Pro in a shop years ago and was very impressed so I have finally bought one and am now a very happy Earmax owner as well! It sounds great but I haven´t really figured out where to use it yet, I didn´t really need a new headphone amp but this was one I really wanted. I have taken note of all the tube rolling suggestions for further tweaking but it feels like my headphone quest is finally over - for this week at least.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
Where is the Earmax? - Page 24post #346 of 3539/9/13 at 6:09am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #347 of 3539/9/13 at 7:27ampost #348 of 3539/9/13 at 1:40pmpost #349 of 3539/11/13 at 6:26ampost #350 of 3539/11/13 at 3:52pmpost #351 of 3538/20/16 at 8:14ampost #352 of 35310/11/16 at 1:15pm
Anyone using Earmax (any model, but probably the Silver) with a recent model of IEMs / CIEMs?
Can't really understand why more power is needed to drive more sensitive heaphones (the less headphone impedance = more current required just doesn't compute for me).
Anyway, if you do, what position do you have the volume knob set to for normal listening?post #353 of 35310/11/16 at 2:18pm
earmax se is one of my favourite headphone amp I have used because of it's appearance and size. The reason why I sell it is that it is not good at dealing with high impedances such as my HD800, but it is fairly good for low impedance ones :)
I think more users use high impedance headphones in head-fi, and that's why.
- Where is the Earmax?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 11 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 37 seconds ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › The Obsession with Loudness in Portable Headphones -- Why?! +... 4 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 5 minutes ago
- › 2016 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange sign up 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 7 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear