I heard the Pro in a shop years ago and was very impressed so I have finally bought one and am now a very happy Earmax owner as well! It sounds great but I haven´t really figured out where to use it yet, I didn´t really need a new headphone amp but this was one I really wanted. I have taken note of all the tube rolling suggestions for further tweaking but it feels like my headphone quest is finally over - for this week at least.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 3/14/17 at 1:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
Where is the Earmax? - Page 24post #346 of 3539/9/13 at 6:09am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #347 of 3539/9/13 at 7:27ampost #348 of 3539/9/13 at 1:40pmpost #349 of 3539/11/13 at 6:26ampost #350 of 3539/11/13 at 3:52pmpost #351 of 3538/20/16 at 8:14ampost #352 of 35310/11/16 at 1:15pm
Anyone using Earmax (any model, but probably the Silver) with a recent model of IEMs / CIEMs?
Can't really understand why more power is needed to drive more sensitive heaphones (the less headphone impedance = more current required just doesn't compute for me).
Anyway, if you do, what position do you have the volume knob set to for normal listening?post #353 of 35310/11/16 at 2:18pm
earmax se is one of my favourite headphone amp I have used because of it's appearance and size. The reason why I sell it is that it is not good at dealing with high impedances such as my HD800, but it is fairly good for low impedance ones :)
I think more users use high impedance headphones in head-fi, and that's why.
- Where is the Earmax?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 49 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Spiral Ears SE5 Ultimate Discussion/ Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Beat Audio Supernova silver cable - 2-pin / 3.5mm TRRS termination 3 minutes ago
- › Refurbished (2017) Aurisonics Gold 2.5 3 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/Blue/MISC Thread 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 4 minutes ago
- › High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and... 5 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 5 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear