New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphoneus Supremus - Page 5

post #61 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


Yep, any body that reaches HS gets a free headphone or unit of $200 or lower value from any head fi sponsor. You send their customer service an email that says "Head-Fi HS free headphone" in the subject and then list the item you want.

I'm afraid I don't believe that....lol.

post #62 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I'm afraid I don't believe that....lol.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/21305/headphoneus-supremus

post #63 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Sorry for bringing this thread back up. But now tht Head fi is over 10 years old, i think that there should be many increments past the 1500 it is currently static at.

 

You just want a Boweius Supremus badge.  biggrin.gif  But more importantly, this thread is from 2001!  Were you even born yet?

post #64 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

You just want a Boweius Supremus badge.  biggrin.gif  But more importantly, this thread is from 2001!  Were you even born yet?

 

lol-034.gif

post #65 of 92

I admit. I just want an emperor-fi badge but whatever lol. I still think 1.5K is stagnant.

 

And this effect everytime:

phelps_sian.gif


Edited by bowei006 - 12/17/12 at 2:46pm
post #66 of 92

Infinitus Maximus = the most prolific and longwinded poster.

 

This would have to be a 1-off floating title for the most deserving recipient at the time.

 

Post-Infinitus Maximus for previous and dethroned recipients.

 

Judeous Clonus = ????? !!!!!! ???????


Edited by wink - 12/17/12 at 6:13pm
post #67 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post

Infinitus Maximus = the most prolific and longwinded poster.

 

This would have to be a 1-off floating title for the most deserving recipient at the time.

 

Post-Infinitus Maximus for previous and dethroned recipients.

 

Judeous Clonus = ????? !!!!!! ???????

There is already one person with that title lol.

post #68 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I admit. I just want an emperor-fi badge but whatever lol. I still think 1.5K is stagnant.

 

biggrin.gif  Okay, then with that out of the way, I'm with you on that one.  It'd certainly make me post more if I felt that I had another dan to achieve.  wink.gif  Not that I have a problem posting in quantity as is...

post #69 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

biggrin.gif  Okay, then with that out of the way, I'm with you on that one.  It'd certainly make me post more if I felt that I had another dan to achieve.  wink.gif  Not that I have a problem posting in quantity as is...

 

Actually, you could have had a lot more posts, but you like to consolidate all your responses and make a nice wrap up of everything that's happened for the past few pages.

post #70 of 92
I actually agree with bowei on the "stagnant" thing - mostly because everyone on Head-Fi seems to be HS now; it's not that I care about post-count, I just like seeing different titles and such. smily_headphones1.gif

I think having a cap at 20k-ish makes sense too - how many people have cleared that in the history of site? 6?
Edited by obobskivich - 12/18/12 at 12:28pm
post #71 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post

I actually agree with bowei on the "stagnant" thing - mostly because everyone on Head-Fi seems to be HS now; it's not that I care about post-count, I just like seeing different titles and such. smily_headphones1.gif
I think having a cap at 20k-ish makes sense too - how many people have cleared that in the history of site? 6?

Give me 3-4 months.

A 30K cap would be better. It would give people more enticement to go up for it. Ok, that would basically only be for me. Who else is doing this?

post #72 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Give me 3-4 months.
A 30K cap would be better. It would give people more enticement to go up for it. Ok, that would basically only be for me. Who else is doing this?

Apparently my post-count keeps rising, I really have no idea how I've gained something like 4000-5000 posts in less than a year; I mean I know I get bored in meetings and on the train and so on and get onto Head-Fi on my BB, but seriously...yikes. But honestly I don't see 20k as a "close" goal for a lot of people.
post #73 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post


Apparently my post-count keeps rising, I really have no idea how I've gained something like 4000-5000 posts in less than a year; I mean I know I get bored in meetings and on the train and so on and get onto Head-Fi on my BB, but seriously...yikes. But honestly I don't see 20k as a "close" goal for a lot of people.

I don't know why it is a "goal" at all.....lol. Post because we're here to enjoy ourselves, and exchange information and opinions and conversation.....but posting just to have more posts, seems kind of pointless to me.....

post #74 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I don't know why it is a "goal" at all.....lol. Post because we're here to enjoy ourselves, and exchange information and opinions and conversation.....but posting just to have more posts, seems kind of pointless to me.....

What I mean is that very few people are even close to approaching 20k; so setting bars over 20k would be back to Jude's original question in 2001 - is this bar too high, and how few people are getting it?
post #75 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

Actually, you could have had a lot more posts, but you like to consolidate all your responses and make a nice wrap up of everything that's happened for the past few pages.

 

I know... frown.gif  I don't know how to post hoar.

 

20K might be a bit high.  I think new levels at 5K and 10K would be more reasonable as far as strata goes. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home