hey so I'm pretty keen to attempt this just for fun, BUT i have a few questions..
I know the answers are probably in this thread but its 400 pages long and I dont know where to start looking for them searching turns up hundreds of results and none of em really tell me what I want to know..
1. Is this build still worth it? 400 pages of replys must be pretty popular right but its also 4 years old has it been supersceeded?
2. how does it compare with say the project horizon? or also a manufacturer amp. eg. fiio e17?
3. the guide / parts list on the pmillet page, is it still valid? or is there an updated version I should look at? other than changing the tubes to 12au7's (seems to be the go)
4. How hard is it? I did electronics in year 11/12 and 2 1st year university electrical engineering subjects so I do have an idea. Im confident I can wire it up probably point to point with a negative rail on the side or something. but theres alot of talk about things i have no understanding of ( i never learnt about amplification), is understanding optional and just being able to wire it correctly would be enough?
5. seriously can someone just give me a link to a powersupply i should buy? I'm really lost when it comes to this and dont know what to look for (been reading kimlaroux's posts but i think im more confused now than before)
6. I live in australia, where do i buy these parts?..
I really think building this would be fun mostly and maby one day drive something worthwhile one day..
Thanks so much for anyone who answers! :)
ps: I understand that the only answer might be that if have this many questions maby you shouldnt be trying this...
in the meantime im going to continue serching and reading