Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Twisted Pear Buffalo Sabre DAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Twisted Pear Buffalo Sabre DAC - Page 2

post #16 of 1284
GO Sabers!!
post #17 of 1284
^ Word ;D

-edit- I just ordered panels for my DAC build, so I hope the DAC retains the name "Buffalo," or I'll have an oddly labeled front panel ;p
post #18 of 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_freak View Post
^ Word ;D

-edit- I just ordered panels for my DAC build, so I hope the DAC retains the name "Buffalo," or I'll have an oddly labeled front panel ;p
Well,........... if it does get changed, at least you will have the only 'Buffalo' Dac
post #19 of 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_freak View Post
^ Word ;D

-edit- I just ordered panels for my DAC build, so I hope the DAC retains the name "Buffalo," or I'll have an oddly labeled front panel ;p
You think you have a problem, my panels have Jocelyn Thibault on them
post #20 of 1284
lol...That's still cool in an obscure sort of way ;D
post #21 of 1284
Thread Starter 
Russ,

Have you had any success with DSD and the Buffalo? Any idea on pricing?
post #22 of 1284
I think as long as the DSD is unencrypted it's good. I saw that either Russ or Brian had tested DSD with a Denon 2910.
post #23 of 1284
Nice stuff, Brian & Russ! I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
post #24 of 1284
I just have to get this DAC.
post #25 of 1284
The first batch are up for sale tonight (Apr 26) at 10PM EST, first come, first serve. Will be getting more in a few weeks. Details on our site. We will only do complete modules for these (first 20). Next batch will also be bare boards and boards with premounted chip.
post #26 of 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDonegan View Post
The first batch are up for sale tonight (Apr 26) at 10PM EST, first come, first serve. Will be getting more in a few weeks. Details on our site. We will only do complete modules for these (first 20). Next batch will also be bare boards and boards with premounted chip.
I'm so tempted...does the Sabre DAC module have an SPDIF input? If so, I think I could run the current output from the Sabre DAC into the I/V section of one of my ezDAC boards. What is the current level coming out of the DAC, Brian?
post #27 of 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDonegan View Post
The first batch are up for sale tonight (Apr 26) at 10PM EST, first come, first serve. Will be getting more in a few weeks. Details on our site. We will only do complete modules for these (first 20). Next batch will also be bare boards and boards with premounted chip.
Crap, I just saw a mushroom cloud rising up from my wallet
post #28 of 1284
OK, idiotic question du jour: Will this be a drop in replacement for the OPUS, and will it work with the s/pdif receiver?
post #29 of 1284
My understanding is no to both questions. The design of the Sabre builds the receiver (and an upsampler) into the chip itself, which is one aspect that makes this chip so great. So everything up to the output stage is now on a single board.
post #30 of 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJo View Post
My understanding is no to both questions. The design of the Sabre builds the receiver (and an upsampler) into the chip itself, which is one aspect that makes this chip so great. So everything up to the output stage is now on a single board.
The metronome should still work. So would have gotten this.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Twisted Pear Buffalo Sabre DAC