Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › need advice on IEM like ES7!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

need advice on IEM like ES7!

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Hi guys!

I have a friend of mine who heard my ES7 and just got completely astonished!

He just put them on and his face started to smile so much it was like he was having his first eargasm!


Then he started to read and learn about HP, but he came to me a few days later asking for some IEM with the same sound of the ES7


However, I'm not a fan of IEM, so I didnt know what to advise him...


Anyone?
post #2 of 16
I'm not sure if there are anything close to ES7s in other headphones, let alone IEMs. I feel they're quite unique - punchy bass, colored mids, sparkly highs with surprisingly large soundstage...perhaps others can answer this question better?
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 View Post
I'm not sure if there are anything close to ES7s in other headphones, let alone IEMs. I feel they're quite unique - punchy bass, colored mids, sparkly highs with surprisingly large soundstage...perhaps others can answer this question better?

well, that was in fact my first thought too... but again, I know so little about IEM... ...
post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
no one?
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
guess not...
post #6 of 16
(scratches head) from general consensus, Livewires are grado-ish... but I'm still unaware of any IEMs that have some sound sig as ES7s do...
post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 View Post
(scratches head) from general consensus, Livewires are grado-ish... but I'm still unaware of any IEMs that have some sound sig as ES7s do...


well, thank you! once again! i'll try to listen to some Livewires and try to show my friend my Grados to see what he says..
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricmat View Post
well, thank you! once again! i'll try to listen to some Livewires and try to show my friend my Grados to see what he says..
how do you try custom IEMs?
post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 View Post
how do you try custom IEMs?


you're totally right... my bad!i didn't know those were customs! i really dont know anything about IEMs :S
post #10 of 16
ATH-CK7
They are similar, not the same amount of midrange coloration but similar overall signature.
post #11 of 16
If canalphones would be okay, I'd highly recommend the ATH-CK7.
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000 View Post
ATH-CK7
They are similar, not the same amount of midrange coloration but similar overall signature.

oh!! ok them! thanks man, i'll take a look at them!


where to find them?? - bluetin.com?
post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs View Post
If canalphones would be okay, I'd highly recommend the ATH-CK7.

how do they compare to yours ESW9?
post #14 of 16
Thread Starter 
i guess i'll tell him to try some of those...

but AT are so hard to find in here...
post #15 of 16
Audio Cubes sell them too, they ship quickly too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › need advice on IEM like ES7!