- 31 Posts. Joined 1/2008
- Location: Seattle
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Need Some advice: Ipod Touch/Ipad Portable Amp Last post on 4/2/11 at 5:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Advice on choosing a portable amp that uses a 9V Last post on 12/2/10 at 5:18am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Can anyone recommend a good multi-headphone amp? (Little Dot Upgrade?) Last post on 10/9/12 at 3:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
This is the veteran ex-flagship model from FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) was released recently. The C435 is a 4 way crossover configuration, 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
- Headphone Impedance
New Portable Amp By DECWARE - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
First impression: BIG.
Aside from the size the amp appears to be solidly built despite being drab in comparison to my iBasso. Will report back about sound in the next few days once I've had a chance to listen to it. A nice touch is there's a 9 volt battery already installed. I'm looking forward to this amp.
I sent a question off to Decware but perhaps some experienced Zen user here will know. What is the Compatibility switch used for? It's the left most internal switch on the circuit board (rev 5).
There is a down loadable instruction manual for the Zen Head at the Decware website. You might want to check it out.
I believe your talking about the input impedance switch that is located behind the volume knob. ....
I've now got my amp set to 10k, Normal Gain (barely a difference b/w normal & high, imo), Crossfeed 'on', and default setting 'B' for Compatibilty. This amp is amazingly good. The bass is brought out a little more with the SE530s and the overall sound is pristine. There is a noticable difference from just listening in 'vanilla' mode of Zune + Shure only. Big difference as well in comparison to the iBasso.
I am extremely happy with the ZenHead even though it's decidely retro appearance could belong in one of the LOST hatches.
Hate to bring an old thread back up but have to. I have read all the post and this amp seems to be the most tube like amping transportable amp there is. Beside the capacitor distortion issues which I am sure have all gone by now considering the number of new amps which have came in the market is this amp still relevant? I love to try it for the sake of it but what is keeping me away is lack of charging feature.
Cheers and apologies
- New Portable Amp By DECWARE
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 7 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 30 seconds ago
- › FS: Custom 5' Black Dragon w/ 2' extension for Hifiman/Lyr owners 55 seconds ago
- › FS: Audio Technica ATH-A900X 58 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Appreciation Thread. :) 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi