- 31 Posts. Joined 1/2008
- Location: Seattle
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Need Some advice: Ipod Touch/Ipad Portable Amp Last post on 4/2/11 at 5:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Advice on choosing a portable amp that uses a 9V Last post on 12/2/10 at 5:18am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Can anyone recommend a good multi-headphone amp? (Little Dot Upgrade?) Last post on 10/9/12 at 3:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
After owning the PS Audio PWD II for six months, most recently running firmware version 2.4.6 (which is the best I tried), I wanted to move to a dac/preamp solution that would include analog inputs...
Prior to owning the Ref 1, Tralucent Audio was primarily known to me for it Uber cable as well as its silver/gold cable. I own both cables terminated for Fitear customs. I have had the Ref 1...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
- Headphone Impedance
New Portable Amp By DECWARE - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
First impression: BIG.
Aside from the size the amp appears to be solidly built despite being drab in comparison to my iBasso. Will report back about sound in the next few days once I've had a chance to listen to it. A nice touch is there's a 9 volt battery already installed. I'm looking forward to this amp.
I sent a question off to Decware but perhaps some experienced Zen user here will know. What is the Compatibility switch used for? It's the left most internal switch on the circuit board (rev 5).
There is a down loadable instruction manual for the Zen Head at the Decware website. You might want to check it out.
I believe your talking about the input impedance switch that is located behind the volume knob. ....
I've now got my amp set to 10k, Normal Gain (barely a difference b/w normal & high, imo), Crossfeed 'on', and default setting 'B' for Compatibilty. This amp is amazingly good. The bass is brought out a little more with the SE530s and the overall sound is pristine. There is a noticable difference from just listening in 'vanilla' mode of Zune + Shure only. Big difference as well in comparison to the iBasso.
I am extremely happy with the ZenHead even though it's decidely retro appearance could belong in one of the LOST hatches.
Hate to bring an old thread back up but have to. I have read all the post and this amp seems to be the most tube like amping transportable amp there is. Beside the capacitor distortion issues which I am sure have all gone by now considering the number of new amps which have came in the market is this amp still relevant? I love to try it for the sake of it but what is keeping me away is lack of charging feature.
Cheers and apologies
- New Portable Amp By DECWARE
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 43 seconds ago
- › REVIEW - Encore mDAC portable headphone DAC/amp with 24bit/96kHz... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Fidue A31s & A63 - New contenders 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Decent in ear buds with iPhone compatibility? ($50-60 range) 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] Audio Technica Ckr-9: Experiencing Sound Reality 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Grace Design m920 by boatheelmusic
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kiats
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)