- 31 Posts. Joined 1/2008
- Location: Seattle
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Need Some advice: Ipod Touch/Ipad Portable Amp Last post on 4/2/11 at 5:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Advice on choosing a portable amp that uses a 9V Last post on 12/2/10 at 5:18am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Can anyone recommend a good multi-headphone amp? (Little Dot Upgrade?) Last post on 10/9/12 at 3:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
- Headphone Impedance
New Portable Amp By DECWARE - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
First impression: BIG.
Aside from the size the amp appears to be solidly built despite being drab in comparison to my iBasso. Will report back about sound in the next few days once I've had a chance to listen to it. A nice touch is there's a 9 volt battery already installed. I'm looking forward to this amp.
I sent a question off to Decware but perhaps some experienced Zen user here will know. What is the Compatibility switch used for? It's the left most internal switch on the circuit board (rev 5).
There is a down loadable instruction manual for the Zen Head at the Decware website. You might want to check it out.
I believe your talking about the input impedance switch that is located behind the volume knob. ....
I've now got my amp set to 10k, Normal Gain (barely a difference b/w normal & high, imo), Crossfeed 'on', and default setting 'B' for Compatibilty. This amp is amazingly good. The bass is brought out a little more with the SE530s and the overall sound is pristine. There is a noticable difference from just listening in 'vanilla' mode of Zune + Shure only. Big difference as well in comparison to the iBasso.
I am extremely happy with the ZenHead even though it's decidely retro appearance could belong in one of the LOST hatches.
Hate to bring an old thread back up but have to. I have read all the post and this amp seems to be the most tube like amping transportable amp there is. Beside the capacitor distortion issues which I am sure have all gone by now considering the number of new amps which have came in the market is this amp still relevant? I love to try it for the sake of it but what is keeping me away is lack of charging feature.
Cheers and apologies
- New Portable Amp By DECWARE
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 18 seconds ago
- › Jakarta Get-Together - August 2014 27 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 47 seconds ago
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Everything MOD Gallery! 2 minutes ago
- › Cary Audio SLI 80 - Owners Unite! 2 minutes ago
- › Can badly ripped mp3's ruin your headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)