- 31 Posts. Joined 1/2008
- Location: Seattle
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Need Some advice: Ipod Touch/Ipad Portable Amp Last post on 4/2/11 at 5:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Advice on choosing a portable amp that uses a 9V Last post on 12/2/10 at 5:18am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Can anyone recommend a good multi-headphone amp? (Little Dot Upgrade?) Last post on 10/9/12 at 3:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
New Portable Amp By DECWARE - Page 8post #106 of 1242/1/09 at 4:32pmI haven't tried the Zen Head with the GS 1000 but I've tried it with the RS-1 and RS-2's and have to say that they both sounded good through it. The Grados are known for there highs which for me I'm not a big fan of but when matched with this amp they were tamed a bit. I preferred the RS-2's smoother highs but preferred the RS-1's bass. Both have great bass through the amp which was tight and impact-full the RS-1 being more so.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1242/4/09 at 1:10amJust rec'd my Zen today!
First impression: BIG.
Aside from the size the amp appears to be solidly built despite being drab in comparison to my iBasso. Will report back about sound in the next few days once I've had a chance to listen to it. A nice touch is there's a 9 volt battery already installed. I'm looking forward to this amp.post #108 of 1242/6/09 at 1:36amA couple of days with the Zen now and I'm enjoying the sound already. But I'm still figuring out it's nuances and matching settings to my SE530/Zune until I get my full cans (AKG K701 or Denon AH-D2000).
I sent a question off to Decware but perhaps some experienced Zen user here will know. What is the Compatibility switch used for? It's the left most internal switch on the circuit board (rev 5).post #109 of 1242/8/09 at 3:02pmI believe your talking about the input impedance switch that is located behind the volume knob. From what I've read and have been told the switch should be set to the 10k position for portable audio sources that don't play loud enough such as DAPs and portable CDP's. The 32k position is used when a full size source is used. Thats as much as I know however I could be wrong. Anyone else care to chime in?
There is a down loadable instruction manual for the Zen Head at the Decware website. You might want to check it out.post #110 of 1242/8/09 at 5:14pmOops! Forgot to check back on this thread since my last post.Quote:I believe your talking about the input impedance switch that is located behind the volume knob. ....
I've now got my amp set to 10k, Normal Gain (barely a difference b/w normal & high, imo), Crossfeed 'on', and default setting 'B' for Compatibilty. This amp is amazingly good. The bass is brought out a little more with the SE530s and the overall sound is pristine. There is a noticable difference from just listening in 'vanilla' mode of Zune + Shure only. Big difference as well in comparison to the iBasso.
I am extremely happy with the ZenHead even though it's decidely retro appearance could belong in one of the LOST hatches.post #111 of 1242/8/09 at 8:07pmpost #112 of 1242/9/09 at 11:12pmI bought mine in December but unfortunately it was stolen last week from me at work . I'm very upset about that. Anyway, mine did not have that "A/B" switch you speak of. My circuit board was, I believe, version 2 because the two 100 ohm resistors behind the headphone jack were removed.post #113 of 1242/9/09 at 11:20pmI love the bass of the Zen Head. When I listened to it lying down and completely relaxed I could feel the bass in my body which amazed the hell out of me. I never knew headphones could do that.post #114 of 1242/10/09 at 12:37ampost #115 of 1242/10/09 at 1:18amI'm not much of a reviewer when it comes to audio hardware. I just know what I like and I like the Zen. I look forward to your review, whatever the outcome may be, when you get the amp, EFN.post #116 of 1242/10/09 at 10:57pmpost #117 of 1242/10/09 at 11:28pmpost #118 of 1243/31/11 at 12:17ampost #119 of 1243/31/11 at 12:27ampost #120 of 1242/17/13 at 5:10am
Hate to bring an old thread back up but have to. I have read all the post and this amp seems to be the most tube like amping transportable amp there is. Beside the capacitor distortion issues which I am sure have all gone by now considering the number of new amps which have came in the market is this amp still relevant? I love to try it for the sake of it but what is keeping me away is lack of charging feature.
Cheers and apologies
- New Portable Amp By DECWARE
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 40 seconds ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 57 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › What the $^&# heck is it?.........iFi iEMatch! 6 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Audio Looking for Pre-Production Testers for Future Products 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 10 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017) 11 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 12 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear