- 31 Posts. Joined 1/2008
- Location: Seattle
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Need Some advice: Ipod Touch/Ipad Portable Amp Last post on 4/2/11 at 5:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Advice on choosing a portable amp that uses a 9V Last post on 12/2/10 at 5:18am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Can anyone recommend a good multi-headphone amp? (Little Dot Upgrade?) Last post on 10/9/12 at 3:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I purchased these headphones based on reviews, specifications, and looks and I am not disappointed in the least. The initial comfort for the headphones was good, but it took some adjusting to stop...
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
New Portable Amp By DECWARE - Page 8post #106 of 1242/1/09 at 4:32pmI haven't tried the Zen Head with the GS 1000 but I've tried it with the RS-1 and RS-2's and have to say that they both sounded good through it. The Grados are known for there highs which for me I'm not a big fan of but when matched with this amp they were tamed a bit. I preferred the RS-2's smoother highs but preferred the RS-1's bass. Both have great bass through the amp which was tight and impact-full the RS-1 being more so.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1242/4/09 at 1:10amJust rec'd my Zen today!
First impression: BIG.
Aside from the size the amp appears to be solidly built despite being drab in comparison to my iBasso. Will report back about sound in the next few days once I've had a chance to listen to it. A nice touch is there's a 9 volt battery already installed. I'm looking forward to this amp.post #108 of 1242/6/09 at 1:36amA couple of days with the Zen now and I'm enjoying the sound already. But I'm still figuring out it's nuances and matching settings to my SE530/Zune until I get my full cans (AKG K701 or Denon AH-D2000).
I sent a question off to Decware but perhaps some experienced Zen user here will know. What is the Compatibility switch used for? It's the left most internal switch on the circuit board (rev 5).post #109 of 1242/8/09 at 3:02pmI believe your talking about the input impedance switch that is located behind the volume knob. From what I've read and have been told the switch should be set to the 10k position for portable audio sources that don't play loud enough such as DAPs and portable CDP's. The 32k position is used when a full size source is used. Thats as much as I know however I could be wrong. Anyone else care to chime in?
There is a down loadable instruction manual for the Zen Head at the Decware website. You might want to check it out.post #110 of 1242/8/09 at 5:14pmOops! Forgot to check back on this thread since my last post.Quote:I believe your talking about the input impedance switch that is located behind the volume knob. ....
I've now got my amp set to 10k, Normal Gain (barely a difference b/w normal & high, imo), Crossfeed 'on', and default setting 'B' for Compatibilty. This amp is amazingly good. The bass is brought out a little more with the SE530s and the overall sound is pristine. There is a noticable difference from just listening in 'vanilla' mode of Zune + Shure only. Big difference as well in comparison to the iBasso.
I am extremely happy with the ZenHead even though it's decidely retro appearance could belong in one of the LOST hatches.post #111 of 1242/8/09 at 8:07pmpost #112 of 1242/9/09 at 11:12pmI bought mine in December but unfortunately it was stolen last week from me at work . I'm very upset about that. Anyway, mine did not have that "A/B" switch you speak of. My circuit board was, I believe, version 2 because the two 100 ohm resistors behind the headphone jack were removed.post #113 of 1242/9/09 at 11:20pmI love the bass of the Zen Head. When I listened to it lying down and completely relaxed I could feel the bass in my body which amazed the hell out of me. I never knew headphones could do that.post #114 of 1242/10/09 at 12:37ampost #115 of 1242/10/09 at 1:18amI'm not much of a reviewer when it comes to audio hardware. I just know what I like and I like the Zen. I look forward to your review, whatever the outcome may be, when you get the amp, EFN.post #116 of 1242/10/09 at 10:57pmpost #117 of 1242/10/09 at 11:28pmpost #118 of 1243/31/11 at 12:17ampost #119 of 1243/31/11 at 12:27ampost #120 of 1242/17/13 at 5:10am
Hate to bring an old thread back up but have to. I have read all the post and this amp seems to be the most tube like amping transportable amp there is. Beside the capacitor distortion issues which I am sure have all gone by now considering the number of new amps which have came in the market is this amp still relevant? I love to try it for the sake of it but what is keeping me away is lack of charging feature.
Cheers and apologies
- New Portable Amp By DECWARE
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 second ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 2 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade 3 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear