- 31 Posts. Joined 1/2008
- Location: Seattle
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Need Some advice: Ipod Touch/Ipad Portable Amp Last post on 4/2/11 at 5:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Advice on choosing a portable amp that uses a 9V Last post on 12/2/10 at 5:18am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Can anyone recommend a good multi-headphone amp? (Little Dot Upgrade?) Last post on 10/9/12 at 3:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
I was a strong believer that the more expensive the headphones are the better they sound. After hearing Earbell (or Mrice) E100, and Venture Electronics Monk a short while ago, I proved that I was...
- Headphone Impedance
New Portable Amp By DECWARE - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
First impression: BIG.
Aside from the size the amp appears to be solidly built despite being drab in comparison to my iBasso. Will report back about sound in the next few days once I've had a chance to listen to it. A nice touch is there's a 9 volt battery already installed. I'm looking forward to this amp.
I sent a question off to Decware but perhaps some experienced Zen user here will know. What is the Compatibility switch used for? It's the left most internal switch on the circuit board (rev 5).
There is a down loadable instruction manual for the Zen Head at the Decware website. You might want to check it out.
I believe your talking about the input impedance switch that is located behind the volume knob. ....
I've now got my amp set to 10k, Normal Gain (barely a difference b/w normal & high, imo), Crossfeed 'on', and default setting 'B' for Compatibilty. This amp is amazingly good. The bass is brought out a little more with the SE530s and the overall sound is pristine. There is a noticable difference from just listening in 'vanilla' mode of Zune + Shure only. Big difference as well in comparison to the iBasso.
I am extremely happy with the ZenHead even though it's decidely retro appearance could belong in one of the LOST hatches.
Hate to bring an old thread back up but have to. I have read all the post and this amp seems to be the most tube like amping transportable amp there is. Beside the capacitor distortion issues which I am sure have all gone by now considering the number of new amps which have came in the market is this amp still relevant? I love to try it for the sake of it but what is keeping me away is lack of charging feature.
Cheers and apologies
- New Portable Amp By DECWARE
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 27 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 27 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-R10 - Legendary rare Headphone 45 seconds ago
- › Balanced Beta 22 amplifier repair help? I Need mine repaired...Again! 53 seconds ago
- › FW 1.4 via mac pro 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok 110v, USA plug 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse