or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread - Page 624

post #9346 of 9354
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance View Post
 

Don't quote me in this, but I think the 1964 Ears cables are the same: https://www.1964ears.com/product/Replacement-Cable

I could totally be wrong as well but I thought that the replacement UE one was similar though the 1964 looks like a stronger braid.

http://pro.ultimateears.com/products/custom-accessories/cases-cables/replacement-cable-legacy

post #9347 of 9354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungus View Post

Are there any cables identical/similar to the westone epic cable? 

I've used a Westtone brand cable that was okay, not as good as the stock cable, and a Fiio cable that sounded lifeless and distorted. The Westtone was a lot better just not worth $30. I got an Oyaide cable for $35 used on eBay (they are $64 new). OMG, it sounds amazing.

If you have the money get a Moon cable.
post #9348 of 9354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julienstanford View Post


I've used a Westtone brand cable that was okay, not as good as the stock cable, and a Fiio cable that sounded lifeless and distorted. The Westtone was a lot better just not worth $30. I got an Oyaide cable for $35 used on eBay (they are $64 new). OMG, it sounds amazing.

If you have the money get a Moon cable.

I wouldn't use a fiio cable even if I were paid. Not only is it microphonic and stiff, it damaged my westone iem because the same pins were too big and inconsistent. I don't care about sq, just want a cable to be thin, flexible, non microphonic, no memory wire and with a small compact right angle jack. The westone epic cable were perfect.  

post #9349 of 9354
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dan of Steel View Post
 

I could totally be wrong as well but I thought that the replacement UE one was similar though the 1964 looks like a stronger braid.

http://pro.ultimateears.com/products/custom-accessories/cases-cables/replacement-cable-legacy

Looks like the one I need. The problem is finding other places that sell the same exact cable cos $49 usd is too much...that's nearly as much as I paid for the ft10's itself. I wish there was a code I could look up cos the generic description sure doesn't help.     

post #9350 of 9354

Just curious to know if there's any difference between the old version owned by Jerry Harvey and the new ones by Logitech in terms of sound? 

Also how can I tell if it's the old or new one without looking at the package? 

The one I got has the straight jack as oppose to the right angle that I sold a few years back. 

post #9351 of 9354

My lg g3 is having a hard to driving the tf10 to moderate volumes which causes the mids to become hard to hear, very quiet. 

Time in invest in a dap with lower impedance :bigsmile_face: 

post #9352 of 9354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungus View Post
 

Just curious to know if there's any difference between the old version owned by Jerry Harvey and the new ones by Logitech in terms of sound? 

Also how can I tell if it's the old or new one without looking at the package? 

The one I got has the straight jack as oppose to the right angle that I sold a few years back. 


There should be no difference, drivers and circuit is same. How are they compared to your Westone UM3X?

post #9353 of 9354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZo2 View Post
 


There should be no difference, drivers and circuit is same. How are they compared to your Westone UM3X?

I thought so.. 
Mu um3x has more forwards mids and is like the somebody is singer right next to my ear. Compared to the ft10s, every frequency is more forwards and remains at same level (no dips) yet the mids never gets drained out. Overall very flat sounding with with excellent instrument separation and treble detail. Every thing is clear and separated which some people might sound too analytical.
Bass is also more extended than the ft10. 
The ft10s definitely has the larger sound stage of the two, much more open. The bass and instruments more forwards than vocals and as such is very fun sounding. Harder to driver from my lg g3. Improves greatly from my dacport lx > c5 but not as much as um3x. 

Edited by Fungus - 8/20/15 at 4:54pm
post #9354 of 9354

If you have stock TF10, not customs it is better to use original shaped connectors. We have plenty issues with this model related to sockets.

http://tinyurl.com/n9upr6p

Even when using original connectors with the protective shell. This one http://pro.ultimateears.com/products/custom-accessories/cases-cables/replacement-cable-legacy has no shell and you have many chances to end up like on photo I gave above. Be very carefull.


Edited by Vesperaudio - 8/21/15 at 3:29am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread