or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread - Page 622

post #9316 of 9326

In the past five years I have unsucessfully tried to replace my beloved TripleFis that I used exclusively out of an Ipod Touch and Iphone 6.

 

First, I tried the UE900 which were beautiful to look at but sounded muffled in a direct comparison with the TripleFis. They also lacked in the bass and treble departments.

 

Then, I tried  the JVC FX850, which sounded too bassy and lacked in the clarity department........

 

One month later I tried the Westone 6 which were the most comfty earphones I have tried. The sound was good, however, they did not match the TF10s clarity........

The same day I tried the AKG 3001 and they were AMAZING, however, the lack of rmovable cable was a deal breaker..........

 

Enter the SE846 which I HATED!!, they were beautiful, the rolex of all earphones, but they were too mid-centric, rolled-off treble and a little uncomfortable .....

 

Finally, I tried the Sony Z5 which were nice, good sound overall, however, they were not very efficient out of an Iphone, and the mids sounded recessed to my ears.....

On top of that, in a direct comparison with the TF10s.... they did not sound as clear........

The fit with those ear hangers was akward too.

 

There are some earphones that I would like to try..... the JH Angies or the new Noble...... but......

 

 I think I will end up purchasing my second pair of TF10s...... :)

post #9317 of 9326
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowar View Post
 

In the past five years I have unsucessfully tried to replace my beloved TripleFis that I used exclusively out of an Ipod Touch and Iphone 6.

 

First, I tried the UE900 which were beautiful to look at but sounded muffled in a direct comparison with the TripleFis. They also lacked in the bass and treble departments.

 

Then, I tried  the JVC FX850, which sounded too bassy and lacked in the clarity department........

 

One month later I tried the Westone 6 which were the most comfty earphones I have tried. The sound was good, however, they did not match the TF10s clarity........

The same day I tried the AKG 3001 and they were AMAZING, however, the lack of rmovable cable was a deal breaker..........

 

Enter the SE846 which I HATED!!, they were beautiful, the rolex of all earphones, but they were too mid-centric, rolled-off treble and a little uncomfortable .....

 

Finally, I tried the Sony Z5 which were nice, good sound overall, however, they were not very efficient out of an Iphone, and the mids sounded recessed to my ears.....

On top of that, in a direct comparison with the TF10s.... they did not sound as clear........

The fit with those ear hangers was akward too.

 

There are some earphones that I would like to try..... the JH Angies or the new Noble...... but......

 

 I think I will end up purchasing my second pair of TF10s...... :)


Seriously try the Noble 4 if you can. I find it a terrific upgrade to the TF10. After that if you want to go up in price, then the Savant.

post #9318 of 9326
EXACTLY MY PROBLEM!!

Not the same In Ears but, I tested now the new Fischer Amps 4 Rapture like the FA4 EXB.

Everybody was really excited about this In Ear, it is definitely better than Triple Fi and many other In Ears till 900€.


Sorry, but I can't hear that.

Testing now 2 Days..


Please can someone throw other In Ear Brands which give has the lovely Sounding like the Triple Fi, Cold, Neutral but with a touch more exciting Vocals and more Soundstage, than I'm Really Happy.

Thinking of Universals, but when I do extra an Ear Mold and it does not sound good, how can I give them Baxj thats the Problem..
post #9319 of 9326
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowar View Post
 

In the past five years I have unsucessfully tried to replace my beloved TripleFis that I used exclusively out of an Ipod Touch and Iphone 6.

 

First, I tried the UE900 which were beautiful to look at but sounded muffled in a direct comparison with the TripleFis. They also lacked in the bass and treble departments.

 

Then, I tried  the JVC FX850, which sounded too bassy and lacked in the clarity department........

 

One month later I tried the Westone 6 which were the most comfty earphones I have tried. The sound was good, however, they did not match the TF10s clarity........

The same day I tried the AKG 3001 and they were AMAZING, however, the lack of rmovable cable was a deal breaker..........

 

Enter the SE846 which I HATED!!, they were beautiful, the rolex of all earphones, but they were too mid-centric, rolled-off treble and a little uncomfortable .....

 

Finally, I tried the Sony Z5 which were nice, good sound overall, however, they were not very efficient out of an Iphone, and the mids sounded recessed to my ears.....

On top of that, in a direct comparison with the TF10s.... they did not sound as clear........

The fit with those ear hangers was akward too.

 

There are some earphones that I would like to try..... the JH Angies or the new Noble...... but......

 

 I think I will end up purchasing my second pair of TF10s...... :)

And you will get 15% discount if you opt Noble!......

post #9320 of 9326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post
 


Seriously try the Noble 4 if you can. I find it a terrific upgrade to the TF10. After that if you want to go up in price, then the Savant.


Can I get the same amount of bass or more in quality to TF10's?.....coz I'm on fence bet. FLC8 and Noble 4.

post #9321 of 9326
Loved my TF10. But the 1964 Ears V6-Stage (made as universal fit rather than custom fit) supersede them in bass, mids and highs, without giving up anything when it comes to the realistic soundstage and overall coherency/cohesiveness of the TF10 so many other headphones lack (IMHO).
post #9322 of 9326
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post

Loved my TF10. But the 1964 Ears V6-Stage (made as universal fit rather than custom fit) supersede them in bass, mids and highs, without giving up anything when it comes to the realistic soundstage and overall coherency/cohesiveness of the TF10 so many other headphones lack (IMHO).


Oh Ok, TY for the recommendation! But my actual budget is restricting atm (I'm still saving up :( )......but point duly noted.

post #9323 of 9326

I feel like my TF10's are very much like my HD600's, not the best but so good as to not bother with the rest!;)

post #9324 of 9326

T Peos 100 for unviersal or Thousand Sounds TS842 for custom for upgrade from TF10.  

post #9325 of 9326

Just had to replace mine because the left side blew out after almost 6 years of use. Shame that I just bought that FiiO cable to use with it too.

 

I bought the Westone W30. It should arrive Thursday so we'll see how it compares.

post #9326 of 9326

Welcome to the W30 club! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread