Hmmm, I might look into investing into it. That and a UE cIEM cable or other might be a great way to preserver these IEMs for a lot longer.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Earphones (Clear)tagged by System, 4/13/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/25/10
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy... Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread - Page 589
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i dont think that'd work. ive tried with my exacto knife and its stuck. and i tried a needle..... it wont budge. There isnt any piece sticking out...its pretty much flush with the socket.
Edit: Success! decided to just go to town with a new heavy duty exacto knife blade! muahahahahahaha!
Great job done......glad i was partly responsible to bring out the spirit in you (to try lately) and rest to exacto knife.....
Yeah they are cheapest in conus but add some $$ for impressions......find out the cheapest thru ur network to get cheapest audiologist or you can buy the self impression kit urself and send them...its easy and saves u a lot.
All it needs is a soldering job done and fix the plastic with super glue......little patience is required but can be easily fixed. If you are not able to do that and budget permits you can re-shell it. Or you can find if somebody selling just that earpiece alone or broken pair sort thru ebay,craigslist or ur local classified.........or you can get rid off and if you are offered good for the present condition and invest on something else.(iem)........
I think im going to join the cool club and get the reshelled :D Any advice or suggestions? This will be my first time. I think someone here mentioned Fisher is good and cheap?
Yeah I got mine done at fisher. it costs about $100 overall with the shipping and all.
There's no restrictions as to location right? As I'm currently situated in UK for 6 months. So it's still okay for me to send it to the US?
Edited by DevlicK - 2/18/14 at 3:42am
Fisher is by far the best in reshelling imo. The price might go up since they'd have to ship international.
But they do damn good work. Artwork, custom plates and all that will bring up the price of course. I've had both my reshells done by them over the years and always recommend them.
Yes theres no problem between transits and customs.....but there might be a slight hike in S/H charges based on your choice,as its an intl destination. Go with the cheapest like usps for return shipment, than fedex or ups or dhl. Just query them about cheap and safe carrier they use most to EU destinations as well.peace of mind.
Edited by Shawn71 - 2/18/14 at 5:06am
The TF10 rocks with the X5. The X5 pushes the TF10 mids forward and give it unbelievable authority. The best part is that it is the TF10s that are holding the X5 back so the X5 has more SQ to give as you upgrade headphones. Here is an excerpt from my X5 review:
"The TF10 pair very well with the X5 and sound better than I have heard them sound before. What is interesting with the TF10/X5 pairing is that the mids are pushed way forward to take center stage where they are normally somewhat recessed with a V shaped signature. The mids are really outstanding with this combo. I never felt the need to amp the TF10 with my prior setups as the TF10s don’t really require it, but the power of the X5 is giving them real authority that they don’t typically have. The sound stage isn’t enlarged that much with the X5 showing a weakness in the TF10s, but it is much more believable with the X5 with larger sized performers and much more realistic sounding instruments. The other place the TF10 is showing its limitations is with clarity and the associated detail. While they have never sounded so clear before, the TF10 is not a NT6pro nor a LCD2 or an LCDX. So while the X5 is holding the TF10 to new heights, the TF10 is holding down the X5. Regardless, I would still chose to pair the TF10s just to enjoy those great mids, wow."
Just wanted to give InEarz and the whole crew at Fisher Hearing my highest compliments with regards to customer service. I had to have a few repairs done and the turn around as well as the quality of service was impeccable. Thanks again you all.
Don't know if it's too late for this, but Cosmic Ears do a reshell of the TF10 and they are based in Sweden. As they are in the EU you wouldn't have to pay taxes either. It's about £12 to ship isf with a tracking number.
- Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... just now
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 37 seconds ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 38 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 54 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3