or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread - Page 570

post #8536 of 9587

What staggers me, is the Comply users with the TF10. As you all will know, Comply tips are not cheap and need to be replaced regularly. For the money that is being spent on them, it would be better spent on a reshell and never worry about fit again. The only argument I can see against getting a reshell is if you wanted to sell the TF10's again at some point.

 

Reshelling my TF10's transformed them from something that was difficult to wear and a constant source of tip changes, to something I forget is in my ears and that I can wear a hat with, without appearing as if someone has hammered spark plugs into my ears :biggrin:

post #8537 of 9587

Where to reshell my TF10 in Europe? Any recommendations? Price/Quality/FIT ?

Did anyone tried Cosmic Ears: ?

http://www.cosmicears.com/shop/cer/

 

Interesting is the upgrade option - did anyone tried to add an extra Dynamic Driver??? I don't think so. :)

post #8538 of 9587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harijs View Post
 

Where to reshell my TF10 in Europe? Any recommendations? Price/Quality/FIT ?

Did anyone tried Cosmic Ears: ?

http://www.cosmicears.com/shop/cer/

 

Interesting is the upgrade option - did anyone tried to add an extra Dynamic Driver??? I don't think so. :)

 

I have the same question, has anyone upgrade the TF10 with the extra dynamic or the extra bass driver?? I would like to know the sonic differences and which one will suit me best. Thanks 

post #8539 of 9587
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post
 

What staggers me, is the Comply users with the TF10. As you all will know, Comply tips are not cheap and need to be replaced regularly. For the money that is being spent on them, it would be better spent on a reshell and never worry about fit again. The only argument I can see against getting a reshell is if you wanted to sell the TF10's again at some point.

 

Reshelling my TF10's transformed them from something that was difficult to wear and a constant source of tip changes, to something I forget is in my ears and that I can wear a hat with, without appearing as if someone has hammered spark plugs into my ears :biggrin:

did it change them sonically at all better or worse?

post #8540 of 9587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooses9 View Post
 

did it change them sonically at all better or worse?

 

It doesn't alter the sound of them as such, but because you are getting better isolation, it accentuates the TF10's 'V' shaped sound signature. If it is the case that you love the TF10 sound, then it just becomes more "TF10'ey" if that makes sense :D

 

In short, if you love the TF10 sound, then you will love it even more in a custom shell.

 

It is also possible to get extra drivers added if you so wished. Cosmic Ears in Sweden will add a driver for you if you want, and there are other people too, who can do the same, though that will clearly alter the sound signature.

post #8541 of 9587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harijs View Post
 

Where to reshell my TF10 in Europe? Any recommendations? Price/Quality/FIT ?

Did anyone tried Cosmic Ears: ?

http://www.cosmicears.com/shop/cer/

 

Interesting is the upgrade option - did anyone tried to add an extra Dynamic Driver??? I don't think so. :)

 

I did. I was the first experiment with Cosmic Ears for the addition of a dynamic driver and for me, it gave too much mid-bass bloat and I had it removed again.

 

It is my understanding however, that Cosmic Ears can add an additional BA driver instead though and that is another option.

 

Addition of drivers, you should discuss with them and understand what the changes will be, because clearly it will change the TF10's presentation.

post #8542 of 9587

I wonder if any of you have tried the Shure SE846?

 

If so, how would they compare to the beloved Triple Fis?

 

Thanks

post #8543 of 9587

Dark Lord replacement cable didnt even last 6 months before snapping at the base of a pin.  opened up teh compartment cant it isnt even reparable with a solder.

FFS

 

1 ear listening till i find a good replacement.  something with a much more comfortable cord this time would be great.  dont want to break the bank either.

 

I preferred the sound of silver over the original coppers it came with but i'd be happy for copper again if its got a better cord and wont break 6 months later.

 

The worst thing is any cables to australia come through hong kong.  Hong kong has stopped shipping to Australia till early january!  Maybe i'll try this solder thing...


Edited by JarryS88 - 12/10/13 at 1:52pm
post #8544 of 9587
I did. I was the first experiment with Cosmic Ears for the addition of a dynamic driver and for me, it gave too much mid-bass bloat and I had it removed again.


[/quote]

Thanks!
Did You add the one for the extra bass or the other one?
Edited by Harijs - 12/10/13 at 1:21pm
post #8545 of 9587

I'm thinking about a reshell, but am concerned about how the TF 10 will sound while walking with the new shells.  Anyone out there walk while listening to music?  I only listen while walking, so am concerned about microphonics from the new shells.  Any info happily listened to.  :)

 

Someone suggested InEarZ, in Florida, for the reshell.  Anyone know of anyone closer than that to California that is reputable?

post #8546 of 9587

I walk around all the time in my customs no noises, I think the microphonics are mostly due to cable noises, and I don't get any with my customs. 

 

I would highly recommend going with Inearz, they are fast, great customer service, price, turn around time, and great product.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by olddude View Post
 

I'm thinking about a reshell, but am concerned about how the TF 10 will sound while walking with the new shells.  Anyone out there walk while listening to music?  I only listen while walking, so am concerned about microphonics from the new shells.  Any info happily listened to.  :)

 

Someone suggested InEarZ, in Florida, for the reshell.  Anyone know of anyone closer than that to California that is reputable?

post #8547 of 9587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harijs View Post

I did. I was the first experiment with Cosmic Ears for the addition of a dynamic driver and for me, it gave too much mid-bass bloat and I had it removed again.


Thanks!
Did You add the one for the extra bass or the other one?[/quote]

Extra bass. Or to be precise, what I was actually after was better bass extension in the sub-bass area, which is notoriously difficult to achieve with BA drivers and I was hoping to achieve with the addition of a dynamic.
post #8548 of 9587

I've started calling audiologists in Southern Cal and the quotes I'm getting for impressions are running $100-150.  That seems high, especially from what I've been reading on this site.  Anyone care to comment?  Or suggest someone near Los Angeles/Santa Barbara area?

 

Thanks.

post #8549 of 9587

I would go to the various ciem websites like UE, JH Audio, etc and take a look at their recommended audiologists and see if any of them is someone you have not called yet. $100-150 really is too much for ear impressions. I would pay $75 max. 

post #8550 of 9587

Anyone know what the Cosmic Ears "TF10 Special" colour option looks like?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread