I use my TF10s or gym duty...had them reshelled or no way theyd stay in while working out..
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Earphones (Clear)tagged by System, 4/13/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/25/10
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy... Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Back in March, I received the Zens from Lee of Venture Electronics in exchange for my honest impressions. I was a bit hesitant because I have never enjoyed earbuds, and that bias had me a bit...
I have owned my Audeze LCD 3f for about one year and have enjoyed the headphone immensely. The one thing that bothered me about the LCD 3 was the fact that they just seem to always be slightly...
-- The RBH EP3 is a brand new model succeeding the EP1 & EP2. ~ All photos were taken by me, no stock pictures from the manufacturer were used ~ *Packaging* Simple Box, but...
In 2012 Burson Audio introduced the Musician Series of headphone amplifiers that brought significant technical enhancements to their popular classic HA-160 line. Acknowledging that even the best...
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread - Page 501
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ugh. I'm broke until May (when I graduate college and presumably get a "real job"). Trying to get by until then without spending all my money on headphones.
I can recommend from personal experience, the 'Dark Lord' cable that you will find on ebay. There is another one called 'White Angel' too, but it accentuates trebles far too much for my liking.
I just got my TF10s in the mail today. I wasn't sure how to do a search for this, so I thought I'd just ask..
Does anyone else use the TF10s in the opposite configuration? I wasn't really sure how to put them in, so I took a look at Google images and saw how they protruded a bit if you put the TF10s into the properly marked ears. But I find that putting the L bud in my right ear and vice versa is a much more comfortable fit, more in line with my old universal IEM, the UM2.
I'm enjoying the sound, but the fit I'm still a tad uncomfortable with. It's much bigger than any other in ear phone I've owned thus far and it's kind of annoying to put in, both in the normal and opposite configurations. I'm gonna give it a week and see if I can get used to it.. if it doesn't get any better I'm gonna go see and audiologist and ship these off to Unique Melody.
Fit is an issue for many people with the TF10's and as you have found, the "opposite configuration" is one way of making them fit better. They stick out of your head like a pair of bolts when fitted as standard, and it doesn't help that they have short nozzles.
I have found that half the battle is finding the right tips for them, obviously Comply's, if you like foam tips, but I find that foam tips muddy the sound a bit in my ears, and one of the best things about the TF10's is their clarity, so not much point in muddying that. I have a preference for silicon tips as a general rule, and I find the Sony Hybrid tips are good on the TF10's (albeit quite a tight fit) but better again for me have been MEElectronics tips that fit their M6 product (that another board member here recommended for me). The MEE ones are a softer, oval silicon that fit the TF10's far more easily than the Sony Hybrid's, and both their double flange and regular, medium sized oval tips, have been a great fit for me.
You are still going to struggle to pull a hat down over your ears with the TF10's in though
The Fiio RC-UE1 has had some bad reviews on Amazon for cable robustness, and it would appear there was a product recall in March this year. Not sure if those problems are now resolved and current production is OK, but it might be worth checking out what the current position is, before you buy this cable.
My first FiiO did have the issue with the sheathing exposing the wire near the earpieces. I screwed up the RCA jack messing around with it too much so had to buy another. As of now, no issues with the new cable.
Lol. the paint work chipped on that blue/black combo. :( i used only one coating for that one. bad idea. so i figured why not try another different paint job. hehe. used thinner to clean the old paint job, masked the areas where i didnt want to get paint on and did 4 layers of paint. i can always use thinner to clean the paint job and try different colors in the future. using Tamiya thinner so it doesn't ruin the triple fi10 plastic.
Lol.thanks. it takes a lot of time to do the paint job.@.@ I would have to quit my present job to start this business.haha.kiddin.I think painting maybe is not everyone's cup of tea.i did it only out of necessity.lol
- Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest 5 seconds ago
- › Do your PS500 distort at louder volumes? 5 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 16 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 38 seconds ago
- › 🇸🇬 CanJam Singapore 2016 (20 February - 21 February) 45 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › New DAP Shanling M2 is coming, smaller size and all new design 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by waynes world
- › HiFiMAN HE-1000 by Blackrain
- › RBH EP-3 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso DAC1 ESS9018 DAC and Headphone Preamp by iDesign
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2