I use my TF10s or gym duty...had them reshelled or no way theyd stay in while working out..
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Earphones (Clear)tagged by System, 4/13/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/25/10
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy... Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread - Page 501
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ugh. I'm broke until May (when I graduate college and presumably get a "real job"). Trying to get by until then without spending all my money on headphones.
I can recommend from personal experience, the 'Dark Lord' cable that you will find on ebay. There is another one called 'White Angel' too, but it accentuates trebles far too much for my liking.
I just got my TF10s in the mail today. I wasn't sure how to do a search for this, so I thought I'd just ask..
Does anyone else use the TF10s in the opposite configuration? I wasn't really sure how to put them in, so I took a look at Google images and saw how they protruded a bit if you put the TF10s into the properly marked ears. But I find that putting the L bud in my right ear and vice versa is a much more comfortable fit, more in line with my old universal IEM, the UM2.
I'm enjoying the sound, but the fit I'm still a tad uncomfortable with. It's much bigger than any other in ear phone I've owned thus far and it's kind of annoying to put in, both in the normal and opposite configurations. I'm gonna give it a week and see if I can get used to it.. if it doesn't get any better I'm gonna go see and audiologist and ship these off to Unique Melody.
Fit is an issue for many people with the TF10's and as you have found, the "opposite configuration" is one way of making them fit better. They stick out of your head like a pair of bolts when fitted as standard, and it doesn't help that they have short nozzles.
I have found that half the battle is finding the right tips for them, obviously Comply's, if you like foam tips, but I find that foam tips muddy the sound a bit in my ears, and one of the best things about the TF10's is their clarity, so not much point in muddying that. I have a preference for silicon tips as a general rule, and I find the Sony Hybrid tips are good on the TF10's (albeit quite a tight fit) but better again for me have been MEElectronics tips that fit their M6 product (that another board member here recommended for me). The MEE ones are a softer, oval silicon that fit the TF10's far more easily than the Sony Hybrid's, and both their double flange and regular, medium sized oval tips, have been a great fit for me.
You are still going to struggle to pull a hat down over your ears with the TF10's in though
The Fiio RC-UE1 has had some bad reviews on Amazon for cable robustness, and it would appear there was a product recall in March this year. Not sure if those problems are now resolved and current production is OK, but it might be worth checking out what the current position is, before you buy this cable.
My first FiiO did have the issue with the sheathing exposing the wire near the earpieces. I screwed up the RCA jack messing around with it too much so had to buy another. As of now, no issues with the new cable.
Lol. the paint work chipped on that blue/black combo. :( i used only one coating for that one. bad idea. so i figured why not try another different paint job. hehe. used thinner to clean the old paint job, masked the areas where i didnt want to get paint on and did 4 layers of paint. i can always use thinner to clean the paint job and try different colors in the future. using Tamiya thinner so it doesn't ruin the triple fi10 plastic.
Lol.thanks. it takes a lot of time to do the paint job.@.@ I would have to quit my present job to start this business.haha.kiddin.I think painting maybe is not everyone's cup of tea.i did it only out of necessity.lol
- Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 22 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 25 seconds ago
- › Removing multiples 28 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 38 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 58 seconds ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2