Yes, that's what I'm assuming and saying.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Earphones (Clear)tagged by System, 4/13/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/25/10
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy... Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread - Page 358post #5356 of 95871/2/12 at 10:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5357 of 95871/2/12 at 10:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by btinc
I cant wait for this review to be in english.post #5358 of 95871/2/12 at 11:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by YGuyGQuote:Originally Posted by olor1n
Amazon have offered to issue a refund and to sell a replacement at the same price. However they will not ship directly to me (Australia) even at my expense. I can only use the same US address (parcel forwarding) as the original purchase. If I did this I would have to again pay the parcel forward company $50 to ship the item to Australia after Amazon ships the replacement to them.
The TF10 is not worth more than the $160 I've already spent on it. I'll part with the return shipping fees to Amazon to get what I can back.
This is all personal opinion but I've spent just under $200 at this point, I feel it's completely justified, I really do love the TF10s. Worth every penny.
Most of the gear I own or have owned are what I consider great bang for buck (regardless of price bracket). Admittedly, I'm not an iem person, but I never got the sense I should have paid more for what I was getting out of the TF10 ($160 to get to Australia). Paying for shipping back to Amazon (for Amazon to then send the replacement to the original US address) and then having the replacement again forwarded to me at my expense would mean I'd have spent more than $230 for something that has durability issues, not backed by Logitech outside of the US (yes I did email them and got referred back and forth).
I'm glad some feel it's worth every penny, but the TF10 is the worst Head-Fi inspired purchase I've made.post #5359 of 95871/2/12 at 11:31pmpost #5360 of 95871/2/12 at 11:50pmpost #5361 of 95871/3/12 at 4:45amThese are the real deal quality after EQ'ing and when properly amped. DAMN! Anyone saying these don't need an amp is a pure noob lol. These things are ridiculous amped. Some of the harder material they have struggled on like Radiohead's Amnesiac (huge low to mid end) at high volumes but nothing compared to my old ER4Ps which are totally lacking compared to these in many areas.
EQ'ing for specific albums is what I do for those problem ones anyhow, or just turn the volume down I guess. I cannot believe these were only 145 for me. I have had no imbalances yet. Still, long time to go before I trust they will stay the way they are.
And, dude, there are durability issues with everything. You should know what you are doing when you want to buy stuff across the world. There are consequences and gains.
In the end these things hang with 500 and 600 hundred dollar phones so it is all up to you as to what you expect durability wise. I just quit Etymotic because of shoddy durability.
Edited by swarthy - 1/3/12 at 4:49ampost #5362 of 95871/3/12 at 7:34amQuote:
Yoda, hahahaha. Headphones, sound good have they.post #5363 of 95871/3/12 at 8:11amQuote:
If I spent more than the $100 that I did on the TF10, I'd be upset. They good IEM's and are great for that price, but they just don't quite do it for me. They're my first BA IEM's (all my others have been dynamic) and maybe I'm just not a BA guy. I hesitate to use such a loaded word as "timbre" when describing what I hear out of an IEM as I'm not sure my ear is good enough to reliably evaluate it, but that's exactly what I think the TF10 lacks: timbre. It's a fast, nicely balanced and fairly accurate IEM, but I think it just lacks that little bit of realism...just my thoughts though!post #5364 of 95871/3/12 at 8:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Bazirker
If I spent more than the $100 that I did on the TF10, I'd be upset. They good IEM's and are great for that price, but they just don't quite do it for me. They're my first BA IEM's (all my others have been dynamic) and maybe I'm just not a BA guy. I hesitate to use such a loaded word as "timbre" when describing what I hear out of an IEM as I'm not sure my ear is good enough to reliably evaluate it, but that's exactly what I think the TF10 lacks: timbre. It's a fast, nicely balanced and fairly accurate IEM, but I think it just lacks that little bit of realism...just my thoughts though!
I think the TF10 is a poorly done 3-driver BA. Don't let it spoil other BA's for you
post #5365 of 95871/3/12 at 8:51am
Hi, i want to reshell my TF10 via uniquemelody. However, i do not plan to add additional drivers to it yet.
Once i reshell the TF10, will i be able to add additional drivers in the future without reshelling it again?post #5366 of 95871/3/12 at 10:03am
Not just a bit. They really don't sound real. But they still are good at reproducing music from a technical stand point. I enjoy them because they do sound a bit artificial. Its a different sound. Really good at trance I must admit which is unnatural sounding already.Quote:Originally Posted by Bazirker
If I spent more than the $100 that I did on the TF10, I'd be upset. They good IEM's and are great for that price, but they just don't quite do it for me. They're my first BA IEM's (all my others have been dynamic) and maybe I'm just not a BA guy. I hesitate to use such a loaded word as "timbre" when describing what I hear out of an IEM as I'm not sure my ear is good enough to reliably evaluate it, but that's exactly what I think the TF10 lacks: timbre. It's a fast, nicely balanced and fairly accurate IEM, but I think it just lacks that little bit of realism...just my thoughts though!post #5367 of 95871/3/12 at 10:37amQuote:
I don't think so. There's a good chance that the original shells of the reshell will get destroyed in the process of adding drivers. Best to ask UM to confirm. Also, it would be good to ask of they hold on and/or digitize your impressions as that will save you time and money on getting another ear impression or not. Do know that adding additional drivers will make the TF10 no longer sound like a stock one. Heck, just a reshell alone will change the sound a bit or a lot depending on the final outcome of the reshell.post #5368 of 95871/3/12 at 1:54pmpost #5369 of 95871/3/12 at 3:07pm
I got my aftermarket furutech cables today and I'm having a difficult time fitting it into the earphone. It doesn't secure it and slides in and out easily. Be careful if you plan to get these on ebay
edit: ok I emailed the seller and he told me to pinch them. it seems to be secure enough to not slide in and out without the slightest movement anymore.
Edited by Tranman409 - 1/3/12 at 4:43pmpost #5370 of 95871/3/12 at 4:47pmQuote:
Nice question. The same one just came to my mind as I am willing to buy TF 10 in near future.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The EU deals thread! 20 seconds ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 28 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 32 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 3 minutes ago
- › The Other Metal Thread: No Extreme Metal Zone! 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 V2 in Mint Condition 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear