or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread - Page 353

post #5281 of 9565

recently got TF10 and gave away my MTPC. I love it so much that I'm already thinking about upgrading it to UM TF10x6 reshell.


Edited by e19650826 - 12/30/11 at 2:07am
post #5282 of 9565


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by e19650826 View Post

recently got TF10 and gave away my MTPC. I love it so much that I'm already thinking about upgrading it to UM TF10x6 reshell.



I love the way mine sound to and was all so thinking of doing the 6 driver up grade but I don't want it to change the sound signature it has now so I'm hesitant to do so.  I'm just going to have to save up and get the UM Merlin's because I don't want anything to change on my TF10's and the Merlin's seem to be really good with the dynamic driver for bass and the magical BA's for everything else.

post #5283 of 9565
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiff View Post


 



I love the way mine sound to and was all so thinking of doing the 6 driver up grade but I don't want it to change the sound signature it has now so I'm hesitant to do so.  I'm just going to have to save up and get the UM Merlin's because I don't want anything to change on my TF10's and the Merlin's seem to be really good with the dynamic driver for bass and the magical BA's for everything else.


I'm getting mine custom re-shelled but wont be adding drivers. I'd like to pretty much retain the sound signature but just with a custom fit. I'll be improving the frequencies with a silver cable though...

 

post #5284 of 9565

Yea I think I'll just keep mine the way they are and just get a silver cable sometime.  I was going to get a set from Chris_Himself but ended up spending the money on some JVC FXT90's.  I don't have any fit or comfort problems with mine at all and I need to save everything I can if I'm going to ever have the $800 + the cost of ear impressions to get the Merlin's.

post #5285 of 9565
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiff View Post

Yea I think I'll just keep mine the way they are and just get a silver cable sometime.  I was going to get a set from Chris_Himself but ended up spending the money on some JVC FXT90's.  I don't have any fit or comfort problems with mine at all and I need to save everything I can if I'm going to ever have the $800 + the cost of ear impressions to get the Merlin's.



I'll probably end up just keeping one universal dynamic once I've gotten my Starkey SA-43 and of course keep my Custom TF10s. Otherwise this is gonna get out of hand lol.

post #5286 of 9565

It can be a very expensive hobby very quickly.  From my first good IEM purchase of the Etymotic HF5 a few months ago I'm up around 8 hundy spent so far.  Thats why after my JVC's get here I'm coolin out on my IEM and other audio purchases for a while.

post #5287 of 9565
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiff View Post

It can be a very expensive hobby very quickly.  From my first good IEM purchase of the Etymotic HF5 a few months ago I'm up around 8 hundy spent so far.  Thats why after my JVC's get here I'm coolin out on my IEM and other audio purchases for a while.



I've probably spent close to $2,000 on my audio purchases so far... Probably a bit more. So yes it is an expensive hobby. In fact I'm positive I've spend over that, more like $2,600....

post #5288 of 9565

 

Hi

 

I'm really in trouble and I don't know what to do.I also don't know if this is the appropriate place to post about my problem, so please excuse me for any inconveniece.

 

I bought a pair of Triple Fi 10's last January from a US seller on ebay.As you probably realise, I do not own an official warranty.

 

Today, suddenly, the left earphone started having problems.I tried to pull out the little plug of the earphone and unfortunately there's a damage as the whole plug came out and I can see two wires one green,one red.

 

My question is what to do next.Is there any chance to have them repaired? Where do I have to ask for reparing?

 

Please Help....

 

 

post #5289 of 9565


Are you talking about the cable being damaged? If the cable is damaged just buy another cable. Chris_himself sells silver cables for the TF10 and it will improve the sound if that is your problem. Otherwise you can try contact Logitech but even if they can repair them, it won't be cheap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_T_J View Post

 

Hi

 

I'm really in trouble and I don't know what to do.I also don't know if this is the appropriate place to post about my problem, so please excuse me for any inconveniece.

 

I bought a pair of Triple Fi 10's last January from a US seller on ebay.As you probably realise, I do not own an official warranty.

 

Today, suddenly, the left earphone started having problems.I tried to pull out the little plug of the earphone and unfortunately there's a damage as the whole plug came out and I can see two wires one green,one red.

 

My question is what to do next.Is there any chance to have them repaired? Where do I have to ask for reparing?

 

Please Help....

 

 



 

post #5290 of 9565

Thanks for your answer.

 

No, I'm not talking about the cable.The plug of the left earphone came out as a whole, resulting that 2 wires (green & red) can now bee seen.I'm going to post photos later.

 

Do I have to contact Logtech or Ultimate Ears instead?

post #5291 of 9565
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_T_J View Post

Thanks for your answer.

 

No, I'm not talking about the cable.The plug of the left earphone came out as a whole, resulting that 2 wires (green & red) can now bee seen.I'm going to post photos later.

 

Do I have to contact Logtech or Ultimate Ears instead?


I would think so. But if its after a year your warranty support would be up... One reason why I buy square trade warranties for such devices...

 

post #5292 of 9565

Hm, yes I do have a receipt.I bought them December, 20 2010.It's over a year now....

 

My problem is not the warranty right now.I would pay if I could have them fixed somehow.Of course I wouldn't pay that much as I bought my IEM's for a price around 120$.So it is not worth a pricey repair I assume.

post #5293 of 9565
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_T_J View Post

Hm, yes I do have a receipt.I bought them December, 20 2010.It's over a year now....

 

My problem is not the warranty right now.I would pay if I could have them fixed somehow.Of course I wouldn't pay that much as I bought my IEM's for a price around 120$.So it is not worth a pricey repair I assume.



Your best bet it to try contact logitech and see how much it would cost to repair them if you really wanna try get them fixed. Unless you can try and find another pair for about the same price.

post #5294 of 9565

I didn't even know that logitech would do repairs on the TF10 and now that their discontinued it might be a long shot.

post #5295 of 9565
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post

 

 

1)You can't see em when your wearing them so who cares.  2)If it matters that much, turn em into customs :)

 



How dare you suggest to turn them into customs, already have that idea going through my head. beyersmile.png

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread