or you can resolder the joint. that's usually the joint problem on the cable.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Earphones (Clear)tagged by System, 4/13/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/25/10
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy... Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread - Page 608post #9106 of 912010/14/14 at 3:22am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9107 of 912010/14/14 at 3:34amQuote:Originally Posted by starkim
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I have a problem with all the replacement cables I have for my triple fi 10s. I've had the triple fis for about 2 years and have had to replace the cables 3 times already. The sound keeps on cutting out of one side or both. The first cable was the Logitech replacement one ($20) and the sound cut out after about 4 months, the second was an OEM cable sold by some japanese company ($40) and the sound cut out of that one after 3 months? the last one was recommended by another thread here (Dark Lord Teflon Silver Plated wire) and it's been less than a month and the sound cut out again!
I don't think I abuse the cables. I use them regularly during my commute and when I'm not using them I roll them up into an Altoid tin. Am I doing something wrong here? I've never had this problem with other headphones before! Please help!
"welcome to headfi,sorry about your wallet"
It seems to me the cables...because you run into issue after 3-4 months of use (tho no abuse).....those 2 last cables by DL and japanese.....
Also the channel is cut evident on one or both but nothing particular,so the earpieces are ok.....but still I wld chk for 2 other points....
1) look for any wax clogged/deposited (I know the issue just disappears when you get the new cable,still...)
2) if you have multimeter,check for the continuity test using beeper(pisition the knob), for 3 points,L+,R+ & ground...see if it beeps continuosly or cuts out while you check the respective end-to-end....post #9108 of 912010/14/14 at 6:01ampost #9109 of 912010/14/14 at 11:34am
I've read about cable failure so often with the TF10's (happened to me also with the Fiio). I've come to the conclusion that 99% of the time it's due to mishandling by the user. Trying to stuff the cable into that 'cool' metal box that comes with the TF10's, or people just tugging and pulling on the IEM like it was an iPod bud (as horrible as the buds sound, they sure stand up to rough treatment!). To me it's simple, treat them with care and there'll be no problem. I'm wondering though, are cables this problematic with ALL IEM's? BTW, I've had HPL cables on my TF10's for over a year without a problem. I STOPPED using the fukakta metal case to store them.post #9110 of 912010/14/14 at 3:43pm
Cables : IEMs :: glass screens : smartphones
Definitely the easiest way to break; hence replaceable cables on so many upper-end models.
Quote:Originally Posted by Hijodelbrx
I've read about cable failure so often with the TF10's (happened to me also with the Fiio). I've come to the conclusion that 99% of the time it's due to mishandling by the user. Trying to stuff the cable into that 'cool' metal box that comes with the TF10's, or people just tugging and pulling on the IEM like it was an iPod bud (as horrible as the buds sound, they sure stand up to rough treatment!). To me it's simple, treat them with care and there'll be no problem. I'm wondering though, are cables this problematic with ALL IEM's? BTW, I've had HPL cables on my TF10's for over a year without a problem. I STOPPED using the fukakta metal case to store them.post #9111 of 912010/14/14 at 6:53pmpost #9112 of 912010/14/14 at 8:46pmOrdered an rc-ue2 from mp4 2 days ago and they shipped out early today their local time.....this time I plan to coil it to little bigger than using our 3 fingers dia, keep them in a little larger pouch/plastic box,just to see how this works.....as most of the time the cable break happens at 3.5mm jack end.....plugging/unplugging,jean pocket inserts,bend when we replace them in the pouch etc....post #9113 of 912010/14/14 at 8:58pmpost #9114 of 912010/14/14 at 9:25pmYeah thats why I never keep my rigs inside my jeans pocket,but said so,being another reason(wld say a major culprit of any jeans style,like straight,tight,loose fits etc) but formal pants ok as it has side cuts for pocket pouch....and I use my tf10s mostly,sry ONLY @home....
Btw, how does the rc-ue2 cable's durability to the stock UE cables? Anyone?
I might also buy some tf10 cables from lunashops along with some hd600s and IC cables.....post #9115 of 912010/14/14 at 10:01pmpost #9116 of 912010/14/14 at 10:46pmIf you have any of the cables thats not totally dead, just try again at the 3.5mm jack end by rotating it (plugged in) and/or wiggle near the strain relief and see....instead of just cable....its the place of origin in question....post #9117 of 912010/15/14 at 5:45am
I've had my current pair of TF10s for just about 3 years. I've accepted the fact that a cable lasts me about a year. I have only used the UE VI cable with the mic and button. I'm pretty careful with them but it only takes one wrong move to kill the cable. At least I have not had any issues with the sockets or the shells breaking. If I did, I would most likely get them reshelled. I've had at least 5-6 more expensive IEMS and I just keep coming back to them. (last being the UE900)post #9118 of 912010/15/14 at 6:37am
Cables are the weak area of UE products. I've had several go out (the dread 1-channel effect) on different models, not just the TF10s, UE used to replace them for free until Logitech bought them up.post #9119 of 912010/15/14 at 7:44amQuote:
oh hell yeah,thats the worst part and end of the road....read somewhere even the pin sockets getting free and shell coming apart...another possibilty, the female sockets in the earpieces came apart while unplugging the cable....:-( extra care really needed while unplugging and pluggin the cable....BUT its still an ultimate IEM...post #9120 of 912010/15/14 at 7:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Shawn71
oh hell yeah,thats the worst part and end of the road....read somewhere even the pin sockets getting free and shell coming apart...another possibilty, the female sockets in the earpieces came apart while unplugging the cable....:-( extra care really needed while unplugging and pluggin the cable....BUT its still an ultimate IEM...
Just a pause in the story when that happens. As long as the BA's work you can send them off for a reshell and breath new life into them.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 42 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Plymouth, Exeter or Dartmoor UK Get Together early to mid Jan 2011 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › New Sennheiser Momentum In ear 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 7 minutes ago
- › SennGrado Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)