The memory wire was what actually cut through my stock cable. The clear heat shrink tubing on my current cable is much more comfortable and non damaging to the cable. It also holds its shape better.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Earphones (Clear)tagged by System, 4/13/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/25/10
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy... Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread - Page 597post #8941 of 90695/21/14 at 9:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8942 of 90695/23/14 at 11:37am
So I tried the cable from Sunricky, tried another cable from eBay, both failed pretty quickly so I ordered this:
...and it works perfectly with my TF10. The mic is super sensitive, sits at my sternum but everyone can hear me perfectly, and the remote button works flawlessly for voice controls, play/pause music, and answer/disconnect calls.
Most will probably want to file the pins down a bit, but I'm leaving the pins un-filed so I can use the same cable with my FA-4e when I buy them in a few weeks ^_^post #8943 of 90695/27/14 at 7:31am
I love these IEMs sooo much but too bad the cable broke after around 2 months, so I returned them. It was not physically broken, just the right channel gone so it was an internal injury. Biggest regret for me reckon as I couldn't find anything better than them for rock and similar styles of music. These have such unique sound character which I miss so much. If anyone can recommend me something similar, that would be great, as in the end, the fit was crap house.post #8944 of 90695/27/14 at 8:09ampost #8945 of 90695/27/14 at 8:17amQuote:Originally Posted by jml239
I love these IEMs sooo much but too bad the cable broke after around 2 months, so I returned them. It was not physically broken, just the right channel gone so it was an internal injury. Biggest regret for me reckon as I couldn't find anything better than them for rock and similar styles of music. These have such unique sound character which I miss so much. If anyone can recommend me something similar, that would be great, as in the end, the fit was crap house.
My knockabout IEM for the car is a reshelled TF10 through my phone so I can answer calls - Every time I use them, I am reminded about what a great, fun, rock and roll, IEM this is - the emphasized bass and treble are perfect for driving with the window down - and with a custom fit - I the isolation is amazing - the wind noise is negligible. (And I have always been one who regularly checks his mirrors - so as of yet, no issues with isolation being a hindrance to safe driving - not much difference between IEMs and a loud car stereo)
You might consider a reshelled TF10 - has all the positives (even the mids come forward) and none of the negatives - and considering the odd fit on the universal version - they go in in the ear in less than half the time.post #8946 of 90695/27/14 at 8:36am
I'm looking at JH but also the Fischer Amps FA-4E XB; apparently it has an improved version of the TF10 sound.
Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by jml239
I love these IEMs sooo much but too bad the cable broke after around 2 months, so I returned them. It was not physically broken, just the right channel gone so it was an internal injury. Biggest regret for me reckon as I couldn't find anything better than them for rock and similar styles of music. These have such unique sound character which I miss so much. If anyone can recommend me something similar, that would be great, as in the end, the fit was crap house.post #8947 of 90695/27/14 at 9:16am
Hi guys, just want a quick and brutally honest answer.
I traded for a pair of used TF10. They are approximately 3-4 years old, in perfect operating condition, although cosmetically there are visible signs of wear
I am thinking of doing a reshelling for these. Is it worth it? Considering how old they are, does this make the drivers more susceptible to failure?post #8948 of 90695/27/14 at 10:01ampost #8949 of 90695/27/14 at 10:09am
yeap i get the part about the protection. my worry is that the drivers are already old, so they might be bound to fail anyway and render the whole reshelling process pointless and wasted money. I suppose main query is if there is a direct correlation between driver age and driver life? Do drivers have a certain/general functional lifespan, or are they just handling based and purely dependent on how well they are baby-ed?
cheers and thanks for your reply!post #8950 of 90695/27/14 at 12:45pmpost #8951 of 90695/28/14 at 12:51am
Just got my first pair of TF10s, and I actually have a second pair of them on the way. I found the second for an amazing deal so I snagged them as a backup.
I'm liking the sound so far. The bass is awesome, I couldn't believe how nice the sub bass is on these things. I am satisfied with the sound so far, but I do wish the mids were a little more present.
Here are some pics :D
HTC One M7 LE Blue > PlusSound DIY interconnect > Fiio E12 Mont Blanc (bass boost OFF) > ChrisHimself Carbide Hybrid Cable > TF10post #8952 of 90695/28/14 at 1:04pm
So I pulled my triple.fi out of my hard case today and found the pins were broken off, and stuck in one earpiece. The earpiece is fine, but the pins are stuck in the connector. Any way to get them out or am I SOL?post #8953 of 90695/28/14 at 1:49pmI remember someone fixing a similar problem earlier in this thread...if all else fails, reshell!post #8954 of 90695/28/14 at 1:57pmQuote:
Can you get a grip on them with some needle-nose pliers?
If not, you could try soldering a wire to each pin and pull them out individually. Those are the only solutions I can think of.
Edited by cCasper TFG - 5/28/14 at 1:58pmpost #8955 of 90695/28/14 at 11:03pmQuote:Quote:
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, the pins broke completely flush with the connector, so no way to wiggle a knife in there. Also couldn't get a wire to solder in, since the interior is filled with plastic. Any solder joint I made attached to both the pin and connector and at the risk of damaging the drivers I decided not to take a chance.
So to cut my losses and not make it worse, I think I'll have to reshell them. Kind of a bummer, but it seems this is pretty common in these earphones, so be careful with those pins!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 44 seconds ago
- › JH Roxanne RSA/ALO Balanced Stock Cable 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 2 minutes ago
- › A Concise View of Why The ATH-M50 is No Longer King 2 minutes ago
- › Volume problem with my Corsair SP2500 due to blown fuse. 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › First time buyer of "Audiophile" grade headphones. What next? 4 minutes ago
- › Great headsets for around $100? 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 4 minutes ago
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)