The memory wire was what actually cut through my stock cable. The clear heat shrink tubing on my current cable is much more comfortable and non damaging to the cable. It also holds its shape better.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Earphones (Clear)tagged by System, 4/13/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/25/10
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy... Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread - Page 597post #8941 of 90615/21/14 at 9:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8942 of 90615/23/14 at 11:37am
So I tried the cable from Sunricky, tried another cable from eBay, both failed pretty quickly so I ordered this:
...and it works perfectly with my TF10. The mic is super sensitive, sits at my sternum but everyone can hear me perfectly, and the remote button works flawlessly for voice controls, play/pause music, and answer/disconnect calls.
Most will probably want to file the pins down a bit, but I'm leaving the pins un-filed so I can use the same cable with my FA-4e when I buy them in a few weeks ^_^post #8943 of 90615/27/14 at 7:31am
I love these IEMs sooo much but too bad the cable broke after around 2 months, so I returned them. It was not physically broken, just the right channel gone so it was an internal injury. Biggest regret for me reckon as I couldn't find anything better than them for rock and similar styles of music. These have such unique sound character which I miss so much. If anyone can recommend me something similar, that would be great, as in the end, the fit was crap house.post #8944 of 90615/27/14 at 8:09ampost #8945 of 90615/27/14 at 8:17amQuote:Originally Posted by jml239
I love these IEMs sooo much but too bad the cable broke after around 2 months, so I returned them. It was not physically broken, just the right channel gone so it was an internal injury. Biggest regret for me reckon as I couldn't find anything better than them for rock and similar styles of music. These have such unique sound character which I miss so much. If anyone can recommend me something similar, that would be great, as in the end, the fit was crap house.
My knockabout IEM for the car is a reshelled TF10 through my phone so I can answer calls - Every time I use them, I am reminded about what a great, fun, rock and roll, IEM this is - the emphasized bass and treble are perfect for driving with the window down - and with a custom fit - I the isolation is amazing - the wind noise is negligible. (And I have always been one who regularly checks his mirrors - so as of yet, no issues with isolation being a hindrance to safe driving - not much difference between IEMs and a loud car stereo)
You might consider a reshelled TF10 - has all the positives (even the mids come forward) and none of the negatives - and considering the odd fit on the universal version - they go in in the ear in less than half the time.post #8946 of 90615/27/14 at 8:36am
I'm looking at JH but also the Fischer Amps FA-4E XB; apparently it has an improved version of the TF10 sound.
Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by jml239
I love these IEMs sooo much but too bad the cable broke after around 2 months, so I returned them. It was not physically broken, just the right channel gone so it was an internal injury. Biggest regret for me reckon as I couldn't find anything better than them for rock and similar styles of music. These have such unique sound character which I miss so much. If anyone can recommend me something similar, that would be great, as in the end, the fit was crap house.post #8947 of 90615/27/14 at 9:16am
Hi guys, just want a quick and brutally honest answer.
I traded for a pair of used TF10. They are approximately 3-4 years old, in perfect operating condition, although cosmetically there are visible signs of wear
I am thinking of doing a reshelling for these. Is it worth it? Considering how old they are, does this make the drivers more susceptible to failure?post #8948 of 90615/27/14 at 10:01ampost #8949 of 90615/27/14 at 10:09am
yeap i get the part about the protection. my worry is that the drivers are already old, so they might be bound to fail anyway and render the whole reshelling process pointless and wasted money. I suppose main query is if there is a direct correlation between driver age and driver life? Do drivers have a certain/general functional lifespan, or are they just handling based and purely dependent on how well they are baby-ed?
cheers and thanks for your reply!post #8950 of 90615/27/14 at 12:45pmpost #8951 of 90615/28/14 at 12:51am
Just got my first pair of TF10s, and I actually have a second pair of them on the way. I found the second for an amazing deal so I snagged them as a backup.
I'm liking the sound so far. The bass is awesome, I couldn't believe how nice the sub bass is on these things. I am satisfied with the sound so far, but I do wish the mids were a little more present.
Here are some pics :D
HTC One M7 LE Blue > PlusSound DIY interconnect > Fiio E12 Mont Blanc (bass boost OFF) > ChrisHimself Carbide Hybrid Cable > TF10post #8952 of 90615/28/14 at 1:04pm
So I pulled my triple.fi out of my hard case today and found the pins were broken off, and stuck in one earpiece. The earpiece is fine, but the pins are stuck in the connector. Any way to get them out or am I SOL?post #8953 of 90615/28/14 at 1:49pmI remember someone fixing a similar problem earlier in this thread...if all else fails, reshell!post #8954 of 90615/28/14 at 1:57pmQuote:
Can you get a grip on them with some needle-nose pliers?
If not, you could try soldering a wire to each pin and pull them out individually. Those are the only solutions I can think of.
Edited by cCasper TFG - 5/28/14 at 1:58pmpost #8955 of 90615/28/14 at 11:03pmQuote:Quote:
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, the pins broke completely flush with the connector, so no way to wiggle a knife in there. Also couldn't get a wire to solder in, since the interior is filled with plastic. Any solder joint I made attached to both the pin and connector and at the risk of damaging the drivers I decided not to take a chance.
So to cut my losses and not make it worse, I think I'll have to reshell them. Kind of a bummer, but it seems this is pretty common in these earphones, so be careful with those pins!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › AKG K812 Pro 18 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 20 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 46 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Open vs Closed: A Review and Comparison of the AKG K712 Pro and the... 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 2 minutes ago
- › Do hard drives sound different? 6 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)