Hmmm, I might look into investing into it. That and a UE cIEM cable or other might be a great way to preserver these IEMs for a lot longer.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Earphones (Clear)tagged by System, 4/13/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/25/10
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy... Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread - Page 589post #8821 of 91202/17/14 at 6:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8822 of 91202/17/14 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by TekeRugburn
i dont think that'd work. ive tried with my exacto knife and its stuck. and i tried a needle..... it wont budge. There isnt any piece sticking out...its pretty much flush with the socket.
Edit: Success! decided to just go to town with a new heavy duty exacto knife blade! muahahahahahaha!
Great job done......glad i was partly responsible to bring out the spirit in you (to try lately) and rest to exacto knife.....post #8823 of 91202/17/14 at 7:23pmQuote:
Yeah they are cheapest in conus but add some $$ for impressions......find out the cheapest thru ur network to get cheapest audiologist or you can buy the self impression kit urself and send them...its easy and saves u a lot.post #8824 of 91202/18/14 at 2:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Shawn71
All it needs is a soldering job done and fix the plastic with super glue......little patience is required but can be easily fixed. If you are not able to do that and budget permits you can re-shell it. Or you can find if somebody selling just that earpiece alone or broken pair sort thru ebay,craigslist or ur local classified.........or you can get rid off and if you are offered good for the present condition and invest on something else.(iem)........
I think im going to join the cool club and get the reshelled :D Any advice or suggestions? This will be my first time. I think someone here mentioned Fisher is good and cheap?post #8825 of 91202/18/14 at 2:18amQuote:
Yeah I got mine done at fisher. it costs about $100 overall with the shipping and all.post #8826 of 91202/18/14 at 3:26amQuote:
There's no restrictions as to location right? As I'm currently situated in UK for 6 months. So it's still okay for me to send it to the US?
Edited by DevlicK - 2/18/14 at 3:42ampost #8827 of 91202/18/14 at 4:47amQuote:
Fisher is by far the best in reshelling imo. The price might go up since they'd have to ship international.
But they do damn good work. Artwork, custom plates and all that will bring up the price of course. I've had both my reshells done by them over the years and always recommend them.post #8828 of 91202/18/14 at 5:02amQuote:
Yes theres no problem between transits and customs.....but there might be a slight hike in S/H charges based on your choice,as its an intl destination. Go with the cheapest like usps for return shipment, than fedex or ups or dhl. Just query them about cheap and safe carrier they use most to EU destinations as well.peace of mind.
Edited by Shawn71 - 2/18/14 at 5:06ampost #8829 of 91202/20/14 at 9:37pmpost #8830 of 91202/21/14 at 8:06pmpost #8831 of 91202/27/14 at 2:10ampost #8832 of 91202/27/14 at 12:25pm
The TF10 rocks with the X5. The X5 pushes the TF10 mids forward and give it unbelievable authority. The best part is that it is the TF10s that are holding the X5 back so the X5 has more SQ to give as you upgrade headphones. Here is an excerpt from my X5 review:
"The TF10 pair very well with the X5 and sound better than I have heard them sound before. What is interesting with the TF10/X5 pairing is that the mids are pushed way forward to take center stage where they are normally somewhat recessed with a V shaped signature. The mids are really outstanding with this combo. I never felt the need to amp the TF10 with my prior setups as the TF10s don’t really require it, but the power of the X5 is giving them real authority that they don’t typically have. The sound stage isn’t enlarged that much with the X5 showing a weakness in the TF10s, but it is much more believable with the X5 with larger sized performers and much more realistic sounding instruments. The other place the TF10 is showing its limitations is with clarity and the associated detail. While they have never sounded so clear before, the TF10 is not a NT6pro nor a LCD2 or an LCDX. So while the X5 is holding the TF10 to new heights, the TF10 is holding down the X5. Regardless, I would still chose to pair the TF10s just to enjoy those great mids, wow."post #8833 of 91202/27/14 at 2:25pmpost #8834 of 91202/27/14 at 3:26pm
Just wanted to give InEarz and the whole crew at Fisher Hearing my highest compliments with regards to customer service. I had to have a few repairs done and the turn around as well as the quality of service was impeccable. Thanks again you all.post #8835 of 91202/28/14 at 12:25amQuote:
Don't know if it's too late for this, but Cosmic Ears do a reshell of the TF10 and they are based in Sweden. As they are in the EU you wouldn't have to pay taxes either. It's about £12 to ship isf with a tracking number.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 49 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › The iQube V5 is coming!!!! 58 seconds ago
- › Soundcard/DAC + headphones for PC gaming and movies 1 minute ago
- › What is a Headphonus Supremus? 1 minute ago
- › Metal / rock earbuds? 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Portable amp and or Player 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)