Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread - Page 588

post #8806 of 9169

Hey guys,

 

Require some help here. Had my TF10s for 3 years and I love them, but recently I accidentally broke off the wire for one the earpieces. The clear bit (as seen in the photo) was stuck onto the two little bits sticking out of the cable and so I could see the two wires connected to the actually earpiece. I know this wasn't right as you should be able to pull out the earpiece with the clear bit still connected with the earpiece. So I tried separating the cable and the clear piece but in the process, accidentally used too much force and broke the two wires off. Basically the photo is the end result of the incident. The red and green wire is stuck inside the earpiece and I know...I'm a horrible person :( I'm probably the only person to have done such a terrible thing to this amazing thing.

 

 

Is this fixable? And will it cost a lot? I'm currently situated in Birmingham, UK. Does anyone know of any earphone/headphone repair shops? Or do you think it's better to just buy a new set of IEMs?

 

post #8807 of 9169
You're not horrible; in fact, your problem is common with the TF10 :-) and one of the reasons this exists:

http://www.inearz.com/products/iemr-remolding/
Edited by Gilly87 - 2/17/14 at 6:10am
post #8808 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevlicK View Post
 

Hey guys,

 

Require some help here. Had my TF10s for 3 years and I love them, but recently I accidentally broke off the wire for one the earpieces. The clear bit (as seen in the photo) was stuck onto the two little bits sticking out of the cable and so I could see the two wires connected to the actually earpiece. I know this wasn't right as you should be able to pull out the earpiece with the clear bit still connected with the earpiece. So I tried separating the cable and the clear piece but in the process, accidentally used too much force and broke the two wires off. Basically the photo is the end result of the incident. The red and green wire is stuck inside the earpiece and I know...I'm a horrible person :( I'm probably the only person to have done such a terrible thing to this amazing thing.

 

 

Is this fixable? And will it cost a lot? I'm currently situated in Birmingham, UK. Does anyone know of any earphone/headphone repair shops? Or do you think it's better to just buy a new set of IEMs?

 

 

you might be able to get it fixed but i dunno of anyplace in the UK.

 

Also, if you do remold it. let me know as I have a right ear piece that has a stuck pin in one of the sockets and I could use your good right iem.  

post #8809 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevlicK View Post

Hey guys,

Require some help here. Had my TF10s for 3 years and I love them, but recently I accidentally broke off the wire for one the earpieces. The clear bit (as seen in the photo) was stuck onto the two little bits sticking out of the cable and so I could see the two wires connected to the actually earpiece. I know this wasn't right as you should be able to pull out the earpiece with the clear bit still connected with the earpiece. So I tried separating the cable and the clear piece but in the process, accidentally used too much force and broke the two wires off. Basically the photo is the end result of the incident. The red and green wire is stuck inside the earpiece and I know...I'm a horrible person frown.gif I'm probably the only person to have done such a terrible thing to this amazing thing.



Is this fixable? And will it cost a lot? I'm currently situated in Birmingham, UK. Does anyone know of any earphone/headphone repair shops? Or do you think it's better to just buy a new set of IEMs

All it needs is a soldering job done and fix the plastic with super glue......little patience is required but can be easily fixed. If you are not able to do that and budget permits you can re-shell it. Or you can find if somebody selling just that earpiece alone or broken pair sort thru ebay,craigslist or ur local classified.........or you can get rid off and if you are offered good for the present condition and invest on something else.(iem)........
Edited by Shawn71 - 2/17/14 at 7:49am
post #8810 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

you might be able to get it fixed but i dunno of anyplace in the UK.

Also, if you do remold it. let me know as I have a right ear piece that has a stuck pin in one of the sockets and I could use your good right iem.  

Try to pull out using a safety pin or thumb tacker as they have sharp pointer....just wiggle from bottom to top and you shd be good.
post #8811 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


Try to pull out using a safety pin or thumb tacker as they have sharp pointer....just wiggle from bottom to top and you shd be good.

 

i dont think that'd work.  ive tried with my exacto knife and its stuck.  and i tried a needle..... it wont budge.  There isnt any piece sticking out...its pretty much flush with the socket.

 

Edit:  Success!  decided to just go to town with a new heavy duty exacto knife blade!  muahahahahahaha!

 

 


Edited by TekeRugburn - 2/17/14 at 10:00am
post #8812 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post
 

 

i dont think that'd work.  ive tried with my exacto knife and its stuck.  and i tried a needle..... it wont budge.  There isnt any piece sticking out...its pretty much flush with the socket.

 

Edit:  Success!  decided to just go to town with a new heavy duty exacto knife blade!  muahahahahahaha!

 

 

 

 

Good job, now that you have that amazing feeling of accomplishment, get them reshelled so you can be part of the cool kids crowd.:beerchug:

post #8813 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post
 

 

 

Good job, now that you have that amazing feeling of accomplishment, get them reshelled so you can be part of the cool kids crowd.:beerchug:

 

lol what?  

 

Naw, I have two CIEMS already, cheaper for me to not.  If I couldn't get them reshelled.  Then yeah, I would have done it

post #8814 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post
 

Some more info.

 

the thing about sound quality improvement is most comes from occ process compared to purity.thats a quote from neotech

they say purity has little to do with sound quality. 
toxic etc has its minions/shills pushing purity numbers as THE  reason for sound improvements when its not, plus serious doubts of what the real purity is

No one in this 588 pages thread who can make a bid for a good occ processed cable ????

 

Thanks for your time in advance

post #8815 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preben View Post
 

No one in this 588 pages thread who can make a bid for a good occ processed cable ????

 

Thanks for your time in advance

 

PM teds headfood about a cable.

post #8816 of 9169
Thanks Will do. smily_headphones1.gif Hope he will send to Denmark biggrin.gif
post #8817 of 9169

Who do you guys recommend for reshelling?  I've seen one place that quoted $299.  Is that the normal going rate for it?  

post #8818 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by pez View Post

Who do you guys recommend for reshelling?  I've seen one place that quoted $299.  Is that the normal going rate for it?  

Fisher does it for 95
post #8819 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post


Fisher does it for 95

 

Just found that after looking on the site.  Maybe it passed me, too, but where are they located?  That's not a terrible price at all...

post #8820 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by pez View Post
 

 

Just found that after looking on the site.  Maybe it passed me, too, but where are they located?  That's not a terrible price at all...


Florida. There is someone on ebay also doing them for slghtly more money, they kinda copied the Inearz name. They call themselves Inearcustoms. They are also in Florida.


Edited by Watagump - 2/17/14 at 5:37pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread