Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread - Page 586

post #8776 of 9045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post
 

I was on the right track, from my cable guy.

 

 

99.98% purity the other thing about affinity cables is teflon insulation is highly microphonic and adding it inside of techflex (blue sleeve) massively adds even more microphonics

it has an odd strand count.
not OCC either i think


Thanks!

Hmm, leave it up to you mate, if it's for on the go microphonics might be a bit to much.

post #8777 of 9045

Some more info.

 

the thing about sound quality improvement is most comes from occ process compared to purity.thats a quote from neotech

they say purity has little to do with sound quality. 
toxic etc has its minions/shills pushing purity numbers as THE  reason for sound improvements when its not, plus serious doubts of what the real purity is
post #8778 of 9045

Before heading to In N Out for my dinner, I went to REI. I now have a spanking new Otterbox Pursuit case to store my TF10's. The day was going well until I got to REI and they had a BLUE in stock, the day became AWESOME, even though I didn't win the lottery last night. That thing is fixed.

post #8779 of 9045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post
 

Before heading to In N Out for my dinner, I went to REI. I now have a spanking new Otterbox Pursuit case to store my TF10's. The day was going well until I got to REI and they had a BLUE in stock, the day became AWESOME, even though I didn't win the lottery last night. That thing is fixed.


I agree good storage is important, makes you feel more confident with your earphones. I have a few otter boxes for traveling as the TF10 case is simply to small once you change to custom cable. For my rigs though I have a cabinet  with sliding draws padded out with anti slip mats. Each draw fits two complete rigs (dap/iem) which in theory are meant to stay together as complete pairings.

post #8780 of 9045
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


I agree good storage is important, makes you feel more confident with your earphones. I have a few otter boxes for traveling as the TF10 case is simply to small once you change to custom cable. For my rigs though I have a cabinet  with sliding draws padded out with anti slip mats. Each draw fits two complete rigs (dap/iem) which in theory are meant to stay together as complete pairings.


The girl at REI that helped me was really cool. Of course I had to explain to her what I was using it for. I also had her stand there while I made sure it fit in my pocket. She was surprised to hear about custom headphones, I told her some can be $1900.

post #8781 of 9045

The look being worn.

 

post #8782 of 9045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post
 


The girl at REI that helped me was really cool. Of course I had to explain to her what I was using it for. I also had her stand there while I made sure it fit in my pocket. She was surprised to hear about custom headphones, I told her some can be $1900.


Indeed, many people in the outside world have not heard about portable audio of such scale. Why Head-fi is great, we can come here able to talk about portable audio with an understanding rather than be looked at like crazy people.   

^ Looks pretty snug in the ear!

post #8783 of 9045
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


Indeed, many people in the outside world have not heard about portable audio of such scale. Why Head-fi is great, we can come here able to talk about portable audio with an understanding rather than be looked at like crazy people.   

^ Looks pretty snug in the ear!


The fit is tighter than my original customs, that's a good thing. They have no comfort issues so far. I think they MIGHT actually sound better also. My older set had the recessed area around the bore holes, these new ones are flush. So they should be slightly farther into the canal, maybe that would cause a possible improved sound.

post #8784 of 9045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post


The fit is tighter than my original customs, that's a good thing. They have no comfort issues so far. I think they MIGHT actually sound better also. My older set had the recessed area around the bore holes, these new ones are flush. So they should be slightly farther into the canal, maybe that would cause a possible improved sound.


Certainly can. Take the ER4S for example, the differences in sound due to insertion depth are critical on the Etymotic.
post #8785 of 9045
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Certainly can. Take the ER4S for example, the differences in sound due to insertion depth are critical on the Etymotic.

I am hearing things in some songs I haven't heard before. Say Something from A great Big World has a rattling sound, I don't remember, like something tingy in the background. It is definitely the song not the head phones.

post #8786 of 9045

Hearing the same thing in parts of Same Love by Macklemore, I think its a Tambourine.

post #8787 of 9045

Macklemore is awesome :bigsmile_face:

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watagump View Post
 

Hearing the same thing in parts of Same Love by Macklemore, I think its a Tambourine.

post #8788 of 9045
So what's the conclusion on a $100-ish cable? I don't need any more microphonic sound than necessary lol.
post #8789 of 9045
Quote:
Originally Posted by pez View Post

So what's the conclusion on a $100-ish cable? I don't need any more microphonic sound than necessary lol.

 

 

Not anything 100% except its BLUE.

post #8790 of 9045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlonglor View Post
 

 

I'm liking them so far. They seem sturdier than any cable I've had before.

Can't really comment on any sound difference, if such exists. 
 
I'm mostly concerned about the area of the wire connecting to the jack. Since the jack is straight, there's a lot of force being applied to the wire there whenever it's in use and also when I store my player (with the wire wrapped around it). 
How gentle should I be with it.. ? 

 

I ended up ordering both the FiiO and Futuretech and both broke on me within around 2.5 months each. The FiiO at the jack, just as I suspected - one of its billions of wires just became disconnected from it - and the Futuretech at the bud.

 

Is it so hard to create a metal wire encased in plastic that will survive me running a few kilometers twice a week? :(

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread