Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread - Page 542

post #8116 of 8886

Brilliant advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post

IMHO they owe you a working TF10, or better. Not a lesser product.

Suggestions:

Ask their name and use it throughout the conversion. Be polite, but firm. Always keep your cool.

Don't be overly focused on the 900. Keep telling them you would be fine with a new or repaired TF10, but the 600 is unacceptable.

Ask them to put themselves in your shoes.

Read them the terms right off of the warranty card.

Ask them to explain to you where the purchase price comes into these warranty terms.

Ask to speak with someone with the the authority to honor the warranty as written.

Write a letter to the head of the UE division (or the President of Logitech) asking them to please solve the problem. Send it FedEx (2-3 day service is OK).

If all else fails tell them you will be taking them to small claims court, and do so if needed. They'll likely take care of you as soon as their legal deptartment gets the documents from the court.
post #8117 of 8886

hi there,

in the past years i used to love my triples but i'm a bit worried to buy a new pair....they are discontinued and in case of problems i would not receive an adeguate assistance.

 

could you please advise me of another pair of IEM with the same sound signature?

 

thanks in advance

post #8118 of 8886
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishP View Post

I'm actually going through this exact process right now. Bought the IEMs back in 2011 and the manual and box clearly say 2 year warranty. But what they are telling me is that they will only offer me the UE600 as a "Courtesy" replacement and saying that it was worth more than what i paid for the tf10s. 


Yup my exact issue. Mine was bought in November of 2011 for the Amazon Gold Box deal at $100. It says 2 year warranty but Logitech says 1 year now. It was replaced once last year in August so that pair ended up failing about 10 months after it was received. Still going back and forth with CS. Im thinking if they keep saying the 1 year warranty I might use my Amex extended warranty but I'm not sure if that would make any difference and if they will just go off the purchase price. 

post #8119 of 8886
Quote:
Originally Posted by energie View Post

hi there,

in the past years i used to love my triples but i'm a bit worried to buy a new pair....they are discontinued and in case of problems i would not receive an adeguate assistance.

 

could you please advise me of another pair of IEM with the same sound signature?

 

thanks in advance

 

Logitech non fa il triplefi 10 più. Non è possibile per comprare nuovi. Ho sentito que che il UE 900 è simile. 

 

Saw your thing say Italy and I havent been able to use my Italian since I moved back to the US. My vocab might be wrong though :P

post #8120 of 8886
Quote:
Originally Posted by energie View Post

hi there,

in the past years i used to love my triples but i'm a bit worried to buy a new pair....they are discontinued and in case of problems i would not receive an adeguate assistance.

 

could you please advise me of another pair of IEM with the same sound signature?

 

thanks in advance

Now I do not have these, but based on reading the threads - the T-PEOS H200 ($256) seem to have most of the qualities that everyone loves about the TF10 and refined them. They were on my radar until I got a good deal on 2 pair of Heir customs - so IEM purchases of over $200 are being restricted in my household until further notice. I will play around and sample the occasional $50 IEM that gets recommended - but I have to start thinking about upgrading my sources.

post #8121 of 8886
Thanks everyone guys...i was thinking to get t peos or some senny ie 80 just to try a new sound signature.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
post #8122 of 8886

I just had to return an air speaker.......and you really need to stay on UE to get them to follow warranties....I had to talk to them 5 times before they actually emailed me a return slip...We will see what happens from here on out......It was always a different person I talked to that tried give me the run around, and finally I got firm and it was taken care of

post #8123 of 8886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

Brilliant advice.

Agreed.
post #8124 of 8886

I remember when I got my set of TF10's from someone who got them from Amazon on Black Friday (new) - I remember there being a discrepancy regarding the length of warranty. I believe that the website said 2 years, but the warranty card in the black box said one year. I could be wrong - it might have been the other way around - but there was somewhere I read where the warranty dropped to one year. Do you have the warranty card that was included in the black box?

post #8125 of 8886

HELP!!! I cannot find good replacement tips for my TF10s.

 

I settled with the large black olives that came with them and can get a good seal if I don't move. Unfortunately, I wear these to the gym and that doesn't work out very well. The original olives are wearing out so I have been trying the other tips that came in the box, but none work well. The foamies will maintain a seal, but don't work well because they filter out the detail and it becomes a muddy mess. In addition, they take too long to expand to get a seal so they are impractical for my purposes as the gym can be very social. None of the other included options give me a very good seal.

 

I ordered and tried the Shure E2C E2G i2c SCL2 Clear Large Replacement Ear Buds Tips Gels, but they are don't provide a very good seal either and I loose all bass. Just ordered the Monster Gel SuperTips but have not received them yet. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a good seal with universal tips on the TF10s besides superglue? I don't really want to pay to have these remolded as customs - I would rather just buy a low cost 3 way CIEM. The TF10s sound really good when I can get and maintain a proper seal, any ideas?

post #8126 of 8886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post

HELP!!! I cannot find good replacement tips for my TF10s.

 

I settled with the large black olives that came with them and can get a good seal if I don't move. Unfortunately, I wear these to the gym and that doesn't work out very well. The original olives are wearing out so I have been trying the other tips that came in the box, but none work well. The foamies will maintain a seal, but don't work well because they filter out the detail and it becomes a muddy mess. In addition, they take too long to expand to get a seal so they are impractical for my purposes as the gym can be very social. None of the other included options give me a very good seal.

 

I ordered and tried the Shure E2C E2G i2c SCL2 Clear Large Replacement Ear Buds Tips Gels, but they are don't provide a very good seal either and I loose all bass. Just ordered the Monster Gel SuperTips but have not received them yet. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a good seal with universal tips on the TF10s besides superglue? I don't really want to pay to have these remolded as customs - I would rather just buy a low cost 3 way CIEM. The TF10s sound really good when I can get and maintain a proper seal, any ideas?

 

Give a try to the Sony hybrid tips, that was the one for me, after a long search.

post #8127 of 8886
better then comply foams?
post #8128 of 8886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migou67 View Post

Give a try to the Sony hybrid tips, that was the one for me, after a long search.

+1

Sony Hybrids worked like a charm on my Triple Fi's
post #8129 of 8886

Can anyone recommend a good replacement cable for my TF? I don't believe in 100$+ cables and looking for somthing around 30$.

I hate the stiffness of the OEM cable btw.

post #8130 of 8886

Thanks guys for the suggestion. Is it the Sony EPEX10A/BLK Hybrid that you are talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA

Do they have one size options as I only need the large?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread