Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread - Page 518

post #7756 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harijs View Post


Me too! Since I got my 2Stepdance, the TF10 showed its full potential.

It's a night and day difference to my ears, comparing SQ direct from Cowon S9 vs Teclast T51 (line out) + 2Stepdance.
It's so obvious! beerchug.gif

I'm sure it's quite a bit night and day more than my simple E11. It was between a new portable amp or the HE400's. I wanted something that is going to make my jaw drop. I couldn't pass up the HE400's. Think I'll get a Schiit Magni and then the hybrid Lyr when it's doable for me, I don't do much portable listening anymore, when I do it's at home anyways. Unfortunately I don't know if my jaw will drop yet because I still haven't received them -_- 

 

What are your thoughts on the 2Stepdance? It was among my selection when I was looking at portable amps. Have you compared it to any other amps at any price?

post #7757 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGuyG View Post

I'm sure it's quite a bit night and day more than my simple E11. It was between a new portable amp or the HE400's. I wanted something that is going to make my jaw drop. I couldn't pass up the HE400's. Think I'll get a Schiit Magni and then the hybrid Lyr when it's doable for me, I don't do much portable listening anymore, when I do it's at home anyways. Unfortunately I don't know if my jaw will drop yet because I still haven't received them -_- 

 

What are your thoughts on the 2Stepdance? It was among my selection when I was looking at portable amps. Have you compared it to any other amps at any price?

I haven't heard any other amp. I read a lot about portable amps, sent a lot private messages to experienced head-fiers. I was looking for an amp. direct for my TF10, it took me about four months to make the right decision.
Now I'm realy, realy satisfied with it!
Gave back the S9 to friend and my old iAudio 7 to girlfriend, becouse I needed the (line out) ...then it took me a while, to decide for the Teclast T51/ (Sflo:2) but that's another story.
Meier 2Stepdance is a superb amp for my TF10, but again - it's the only one I've used.

post #7758 of 9169

If you guys are trying to improve sound, definitely look into ways of improving your fit. Fit is everything and I swear my TF10's reshell was good enough to make them compete with customs due to how much better they fit.

 

Obviously it's a lengthy warranty-voiding process, if you don't want to invest in that, definitely go Comply. I just bought a bunch and always made sure to clean my ears after I got out of the shower and they'd last like a month (gross, I know but it wasn't bad at all)

post #7759 of 9169
Ahhhhh Chris, I still want cables someday, I know I promised I'd buy some or something to that tune. Get working on some cables for the HiFiMAN Planars if you haven't already tongue.gif I kind of main on cans now a days.
Also, I find my TF10s fit really well for me compared to my friends, they like to slide out though if my ears start to sweat which can be a hassle. I think I'll go listen to them now since I'm on the topic biggrin.gif

EDIT: You do have those cables and I am plain blind:rolleyes:
Edited by YGuyG - 1/6/13 at 3:04am
post #7760 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGuyG View Post

Ahhhhh Chris, I still want cables someday, I know I promised I'd buy some or something to that tune. Get working on some cables for the HiFiMAN Planars if you haven't already tongue.gif I kind of main on cans now a days.
Also, I find my TF10s fit really well for me compared to my friends, they like to slide out though if my ears start to sweat which can be a hassle. I think I'll go listen to them now since I'm on the topic biggrin.gif
EDIT: You do have those cables and I am plain blind:rolleyes:

 

Uhh.. you know I've been making cables for those since day one right? LOOOOOL.

 

TF10's simply just don't fit for a lot of people.Try on another set of IEM's which probably sound worse for the same money and that's a proper fit lol. They actually fit me fine, but once the comply's were in, you just simply cannot go back to the regular stuffs. They hand you samples for a reason, it's like crack and I couldn't just not go back.

 

I was going through an Etymotic ER4p phase for a while because their silly "ear-rape" triple flange tips fit and seal wonderfully haha. Their sound actually comes off as tinny to those used to the "big" sound of TF10's because it's so neutral and flat, but in time you come to appreciate the hell out of the,.

 

It's sad to say this, but it actually costs much more to get an IEM that sounds as good as TF10 IMO :(

 

The closest for me were UM2 or Westone 2. The best production IEM if anybody is wondering that I've heard is Earsonics SM3. Deliciously neutral and spacious with a bit of punch.

post #7761 of 9169
I'm curious about the Heir audio universals actually since they are basically Uni customs. The TF10 is simply staggering for the money though. I lied up there, I listened to my FXTs for a while, then my HD558s and now my TF10s. They are far superior to both. Disregard my earlier post. Still I assume the Etys to Tf10 isn't a massive upgrade.
post #7762 of 9169
I have had my triples for years and got them reshelled, and use them everyday. Recently, I had a gift card sitting around and went after the UE 700 after having issues with two pairs of UE 900. Man, for 80 bucks the 700's are pretty darn good interns of clarity, lack some low end but I'm way more impressed than I thought I would be
post #7763 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerbnd View Post

I have had my triples for years and got them reshelled, and use them everyday. Recently, I had a gift card sitting around and went after the UE 700 after having issues with two pairs of UE 900. Man, for 80 bucks the 700's are pretty darn good interns of clarity, lack some low end but I'm way more impressed than I thought I would be
One thing pissed me off about the 700s was that when I tried to get my first TF10 replaced because of a channel imbalance Logitech wanted to send me the UE700. Hell no... I got the seller to replace them. Found out after it might have been my IE8s that were unbalanced and that the TF10s sounded odd because of how long I'd had the IE8s. Then again this pair I have now seems unbalanced on the opposite side, maybe it's just a triple driver thing?
post #7764 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGuyG View Post

I'm curious about the Heir audio universals actually since they are basically Uni customs. The TF10 is simply staggering for the money though. I lied up there, I listened to my FXTs for a while, then my HD558s and now my TF10s. They are far superior to both. Disregard my earlier post. Still I assume the Etys to Tf10 isn't a massive upgrade.

 

Actually it's like a sidegrade..

 

If you value absolute accuracy in music with none of the bloat of things like bass, or midrange bass where it's not supposed to be (like Shure) then Etys are a breath of fresh air. I think they're a bit outdated though and Westone's UM line should match it pound for pound. Old school guys who are in love with Etymotic's history and their commitment to neutrality will never give up the brand especially since the IEM scene was kind of founded by them back when people were still using mobile cassette players haha.

 

I like the Sennheier 558, but it probably doesn't have that treble sparkle you like and I don't think the bass goes AS low or punchy as the TF10 plus IEM's make listening very close and personal.. very few cans similate that outside of a few brands/models. I actually transitioned from TF10 to Grado (consult my cans list in my profile), my up to date ones are in my sig.

 

The Heir universals are promising as finally a customs company doing productions the way UE used to sounds fantastic. I choose Jerry Harvey audio because of how happy I was with the old UE line of IEM's. Even if a better brand exists, as long as I don't hear what it sounds like lol, my loyalty is to JH audio for their good service and great product. I like my JH13's more than say, my LCD-2's most of the time because I'm out a lot and they're not particularly finicky with amps for synnergy.

post #7765 of 9169

I drooled over the JH13s and 16s for quite a while actually, knowing full well they are way out of reach for me. Then again back when I was working full time if I wasn't so careless with my money I probably could have had a pair of HD800's, a crazy amp and JH16's. I'm terrible with my money :(

post #7766 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGuyG View Post

I drooled over the JH13s and 16s for quite a while actually, knowing full well they are way out of reach for me. Then again back when I was working full time if I wasn't so careless with my money I probably could have had a pair of HD800's, a crazy amp and JH16's. I'm terrible with my money :(

 

At least you haven't spent on a pair of HD800's, a crazy amp and JH16's yet ;)

post #7767 of 9169

anyone want to sell me their stock tf10 cable?  used is fine :o 

post #7768 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

 

At least you haven't spent on a pair of HD800's, a crazy amp and JH16's yet ;)

Well, they can wait while my TF10's collect dust for a while. My HE400s came so yup, time for the TF's to collect a bit of dust, well the case anyways :p

 

Trust me though, they are on my to do list. I've wanted HD800s since before I heard them, then I heard them... and that sums it up. 

post #7769 of 9169
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyogen View Post

anyone want to sell me their stock tf10 cable?  used is fine :o 

 

 

What happened to your current ones :(  The one you sold me is still going strong 

post #7770 of 9169

I got my "Dark Lord" Teflon cables from Sunricky yesterday and I'm impressed so far. I don't believe in cables altering the sound so the main reason i bought it was for the superior ergonomics, which it delivers in spades compared to the stock cable. Very nice so far.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread