Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread - Page 505

post #7561 of 9053
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimChee View Post

Yeah, I haven't really followed the Heir thread much since I got my JH16..the wood and horn faceplates look very nice, and I also like the way they do the carbon fiber, but it would really have to be something compelling to get me to change from my JH..The UE900 looks nice, but I really don't want to put $400 down, since I've only got $140 in my TF10 with the reshell and I'm using it as my gym phone.

 

Same, I have JH13 and it's like... too much trouble even if it is better. I like my 13's better than LCD-2 but I gotta keep LCD-2's around when I get tired of having monitors in.

post #7562 of 9053

TF10s shipped off to inearz. Guess it's back to the fx40 for a while. Seems worth it to have TF10s that actually fit well.

post #7563 of 9053
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit300 View Post

TF10s shipped off to inearz. Guess it's back to the fx40 for a while. Seems worth it to have TF10s that actually fit well.

 

How much did you pay for remold?

post #7564 of 9053
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post

 

How much did you pay for remold?

They don't charge until they are ready to ship back, but I'm thinking it will be 90(remold) + 30 (cable)  + 9.5 (shipping) + 5.5 (my shipping). I also requested clear tips, but not sure if they'll charge extra for that.


Edited by gambit300 - 10/23/12 at 3:09pm
post #7565 of 9053
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit300 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post

 

How much did you pay for remold?

They don't charge until they are ready to ship back, but I'm thinking it will be 90(remold) + 30 (cable)  + 9.5 (shipping) + 5.5 (my shipping). I also requested clear tips, but not sure if they'll charge extra for that.

 

 

Does inearz accept request for replacing TF10 cable and connecter to be replaced with shure 535 ones, shure cables are easy to replace and pins do not break while changing the cables..

post #7566 of 9053

Shure is the same as Westone which is Fisher's stock socket.  Somebody back me up on this...Shure/Westone/JH/UE Custom are all the same socket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post

 

 

Does inearz accept request for replacing TF10 cable and connecter to be replaced with shure 535 ones, shure cables are easy to replace and pins do not break while changing the cables..

post #7567 of 9053
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimChee View Post

Shure is the same as Westone which is Fisher's stock socket.  Somebody back me up on this...Shure/Westone/JH/UE Custom are all the same socket.


I would back you up, but I have no clue how you figured out what exactly he was asking. I see no mention of socket, so I am still lost as to what he means. biggrin.gif

post #7568 of 9053
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimChee View Post

Shure is the same as Westone which is Fisher's stock socket.  Somebody back me up on this...Shure/Westone/JH/UE Custom are all the same socket.

 

The shure sockets are MMCX, not the traditional 2-pin westone type, so they aren't the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post


I would back you up, but I have no clue how you figured out what exactly he was asking. I see no mention of socket, so I am still lost as to what he means. biggrin.gif

 

 

I believe he wants to let his custom( i think!) have the shure MMCX connector, rather than the traditional JH/UM/Westone pins.


Edited by Leynar - 10/23/12 at 7:20pm
post #7569 of 9053
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimChee View Post

Shure is the same as Westone which is Fisher's stock socket.  Somebody back me up on this...Shure/Westone/JH/UE Custom are all the same socket.

Shure uses an different connector, I forgot what it's called but it looks like coaxial type instead of two pins. It's a shell with either a female/male end and it just snaps on/off.

Fisher uses Westone/JH/UE custom size pins which are TF10 length and gap, but slightly thicker for better retention.

post #7570 of 9053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimChee View Post

Shure is the same as Westone which is Fisher's stock socket.  Somebody back me up on this...Shure/Westone/JH/UE Custom are all the same socket.


I would back you up, but I have no clue how you figured out what exactly he was asking. I see no mention of socket, so I am still lost as to what he means. biggrin.gif

 

 

I was referring to 535 sockets, found from many threads they are more durable and no hassle for changing the cables as Chris pointed out.. I was planning to reshell my  TF10 and 535 sockets would be better option….anyone has experience with TF10 been reshelled with different sockets?  

post #7571 of 9053
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post

 

 

I was referring to 535 sockets, found from many threads they are more durable and no hassle for changing the cables as Chris pointed out.. I was planning to reshell my  TF10 and 535 sockets would be better option….anyone has experience with TF10 been reshelled with different sockets?  


Now I understand, IMHO not a bad idea. BUT, doing a reshell made the socket for my TF10 MUCH better than the stock way it sits in the stock TF10. I feel its no longer as issue for swapping cables. I did in fact have a set of the TF10 have the socket come out tearing the wires also. I no longer feel like OMG better not try and remove the cable for fear of breaking, I also had InEarZ use the stock TF10 socket for my reshell since I knew my FiiO cable would work. I also had the Shure SE215 before these and have heard of issues with their socket to cable connection having issues after a while.


Edited by Watagump - 10/23/12 at 9:14pm
post #7572 of 9053
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post


I was referring to 535 sockets, found from many threads they are more durable and no hassle for changing the cables as Chris pointed out.. I was planning to reshell my  TF10 and 535 sockets would be better option….anyone has experience with TF10 been reshelled with different sockets?  

It's honestly not a terrible idea but if it's too much trouble, I honestly feel that Fishers execution of the Westone/JH pins is quite fantastic if you use their supplied cable. I have them myself and they're made well. I don't work for them, I've just always held them in high esteem regarding quality and service.

My TF10 reshells are with JH custom cables so I can swap cables without having to buy anything else. Haha, yes I still buy cables.
post #7573 of 9053

So I'm planning on buying these during Black Friday, but I heard they have a bad fit, and I don't wanna fork out extra(on cables or w/e), I only wanna buy the earphones.

My other option is the VSONIC GR06, which is considerably cheaper, so which should I buy? Will I eventually get used to the fit...? Or...?

post #7574 of 9053
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlinePredator View Post

So I'm planning on buying these during Black Friday, but I heard they have a bad fit, and I don't wanna fork out extra(on cables or w/e), I only wanna buy the earphones.
My other option is the VSONIC GR06, which is considerably cheaper, so which should I buy? Will I eventually get used to the fit...? Or...?

It's not really a matter of getting used to the fit, it's more will they fit. Some people have all kinds of problems, wearing them upside down back to front and others have no problem at all.

This all depends on your ear shape and / or the provided tips agreeing with you. I think for the time you may be waiting for black Friday sales, plus the small window frame allowed to purchase you may possibly be disappointed after a loong wait.

It's entirely up to you, though with the right fit and price TF10 is the better IEM.
post #7575 of 9053
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlinePredator View Post

So I'm planning on buying these during Black Friday, but I heard they have a bad fit, and I don't wanna fork out extra(on cables or w/e), I only wanna buy the earphones.
My other option is the VSONIC GR06, which is considerably cheaper, so which should I buy? Will I eventually get used to the fit...? Or...?

It's not really a matter of getting used to the fit, it's more will they fit. Some people have all kinds of problems, wearing them upside down back to front and others have no problem at all.

This all depends on your ear shape and / or the provided tips agreeing with you. I think for the time you may be waiting for black Friday sales, plus the small window frame allowed to purchase you may possibly be disappointed after a loong wait.

It's entirely up to you, though with the right fit and price TF10 is the better IEM.

You've convinced me, I don't think I can wait 1 month.

They'll be my first IEM, I've only ever listened to various earbuds, so this will be exciting.bigsmile_face.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread