I use my TF10s or gym duty...had them reshelled or no way theyd stay in while working out..
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Earphones (Clear)tagged by System, 4/13/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/25/10
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy... Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread - Page 501post #7501 of 857310/15/12 at 8:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7502 of 857310/15/12 at 9:10pm
Ugh. I'm broke until May (when I graduate college and presumably get a "real job"). Trying to get by until then without spending all my money on headphones.post #7503 of 857310/16/12 at 3:16amQuote:
I can recommend from personal experience, the 'Dark Lord' cable that you will find on ebay. There is another one called 'White Angel' too, but it accentuates trebles far too much for my liking.post #7504 of 857310/16/12 at 3:25amQuote:Originally Posted by peeg
I just got my TF10s in the mail today. I wasn't sure how to do a search for this, so I thought I'd just ask..
Does anyone else use the TF10s in the opposite configuration? I wasn't really sure how to put them in, so I took a look at Google images and saw how they protruded a bit if you put the TF10s into the properly marked ears. But I find that putting the L bud in my right ear and vice versa is a much more comfortable fit, more in line with my old universal IEM, the UM2.
I'm enjoying the sound, but the fit I'm still a tad uncomfortable with. It's much bigger than any other in ear phone I've owned thus far and it's kind of annoying to put in, both in the normal and opposite configurations. I'm gonna give it a week and see if I can get used to it.. if it doesn't get any better I'm gonna go see and audiologist and ship these off to Unique Melody.
Fit is an issue for many people with the TF10's and as you have found, the "opposite configuration" is one way of making them fit better. They stick out of your head like a pair of bolts when fitted as standard, and it doesn't help that they have short nozzles.
I have found that half the battle is finding the right tips for them, obviously Comply's, if you like foam tips, but I find that foam tips muddy the sound a bit in my ears, and one of the best things about the TF10's is their clarity, so not much point in muddying that. I have a preference for silicon tips as a general rule, and I find the Sony Hybrid tips are good on the TF10's (albeit quite a tight fit) but better again for me have been MEElectronics tips that fit their M6 product (that another board member here recommended for me). The MEE ones are a softer, oval silicon that fit the TF10's far more easily than the Sony Hybrid's, and both their double flange and regular, medium sized oval tips, have been a great fit for me.
You are still going to struggle to pull a hat down over your ears with the TF10's in thoughpost #7505 of 857310/16/12 at 3:38am
The Fiio RC-UE1 has had some bad reviews on Amazon for cable robustness, and it would appear there was a product recall in March this year. Not sure if those problems are now resolved and current production is OK, but it might be worth checking out what the current position is, before you buy this cable.post #7506 of 857310/16/12 at 9:46ampost #7507 of 857310/16/12 at 11:58am
My first FiiO did have the issue with the sheathing exposing the wire near the earpieces. I screwed up the RCA jack messing around with it too much so had to buy another. As of now, no issues with the new cable.post #7508 of 857310/16/12 at 4:13pmpost #7509 of 857310/16/12 at 4:15pmpost #7510 of 857310/16/12 at 4:29pmpost #7511 of 857310/16/12 at 4:41pmpost #7512 of 857310/16/12 at 4:59pmQuote:
Lol. the paint work chipped on that blue/black combo. :( i used only one coating for that one. bad idea. so i figured why not try another different paint job. hehe. used thinner to clean the old paint job, masked the areas where i didnt want to get paint on and did 4 layers of paint. i can always use thinner to clean the paint job and try different colors in the future. using Tamiya thinner so it doesn't ruin the triple fi10 plastic.post #7513 of 857310/16/12 at 5:04pmpost #7514 of 857310/16/12 at 6:42pmQuote:
Lol.thanks. it takes a lot of time to do the paint job.@.@ I would have to quit my present job to start this business.haha.kiddin.I think painting maybe is not everyone's cup of tea.i did it only out of necessity.lolpost #7515 of 857310/16/12 at 7:44pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU 45 seconds ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 1 minute ago
- › Where do New Zealanders get their gear from? 1 minute ago
- › Headphone I bought sounds different to I store model. 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 5 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 6 minutes ago
- › [NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast 7 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital