I use my TF10s or gym duty...had them reshelled or no way theyd stay in while working out..
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Earphones (Clear)tagged by System, 4/13/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/25/10
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy... Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was contacted by Brainwavz to review their new S5 in ear monitor. The set I received was a full retail package, but was provided to me by the manufacturer free of charge for review purposes. I...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread - Page 501post #7501 of 902310/15/12 at 8:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7502 of 902310/15/12 at 9:10pm
Ugh. I'm broke until May (when I graduate college and presumably get a "real job"). Trying to get by until then without spending all my money on headphones.post #7503 of 902310/16/12 at 3:16amQuote:
I can recommend from personal experience, the 'Dark Lord' cable that you will find on ebay. There is another one called 'White Angel' too, but it accentuates trebles far too much for my liking.post #7504 of 902310/16/12 at 3:25amQuote:Originally Posted by peeg
I just got my TF10s in the mail today. I wasn't sure how to do a search for this, so I thought I'd just ask..
Does anyone else use the TF10s in the opposite configuration? I wasn't really sure how to put them in, so I took a look at Google images and saw how they protruded a bit if you put the TF10s into the properly marked ears. But I find that putting the L bud in my right ear and vice versa is a much more comfortable fit, more in line with my old universal IEM, the UM2.
I'm enjoying the sound, but the fit I'm still a tad uncomfortable with. It's much bigger than any other in ear phone I've owned thus far and it's kind of annoying to put in, both in the normal and opposite configurations. I'm gonna give it a week and see if I can get used to it.. if it doesn't get any better I'm gonna go see and audiologist and ship these off to Unique Melody.
Fit is an issue for many people with the TF10's and as you have found, the "opposite configuration" is one way of making them fit better. They stick out of your head like a pair of bolts when fitted as standard, and it doesn't help that they have short nozzles.
I have found that half the battle is finding the right tips for them, obviously Comply's, if you like foam tips, but I find that foam tips muddy the sound a bit in my ears, and one of the best things about the TF10's is their clarity, so not much point in muddying that. I have a preference for silicon tips as a general rule, and I find the Sony Hybrid tips are good on the TF10's (albeit quite a tight fit) but better again for me have been MEElectronics tips that fit their M6 product (that another board member here recommended for me). The MEE ones are a softer, oval silicon that fit the TF10's far more easily than the Sony Hybrid's, and both their double flange and regular, medium sized oval tips, have been a great fit for me.
You are still going to struggle to pull a hat down over your ears with the TF10's in thoughpost #7505 of 902310/16/12 at 3:38am
The Fiio RC-UE1 has had some bad reviews on Amazon for cable robustness, and it would appear there was a product recall in March this year. Not sure if those problems are now resolved and current production is OK, but it might be worth checking out what the current position is, before you buy this cable.post #7506 of 902310/16/12 at 9:46ampost #7507 of 902310/16/12 at 11:58am
My first FiiO did have the issue with the sheathing exposing the wire near the earpieces. I screwed up the RCA jack messing around with it too much so had to buy another. As of now, no issues with the new cable.post #7508 of 902310/16/12 at 4:13pmpost #7509 of 902310/16/12 at 4:15pmpost #7510 of 902310/16/12 at 4:29pmpost #7511 of 902310/16/12 at 4:41pmpost #7512 of 902310/16/12 at 4:59pmQuote:
Lol. the paint work chipped on that blue/black combo. :( i used only one coating for that one. bad idea. so i figured why not try another different paint job. hehe. used thinner to clean the old paint job, masked the areas where i didnt want to get paint on and did 4 layers of paint. i can always use thinner to clean the paint job and try different colors in the future. using Tamiya thinner so it doesn't ruin the triple fi10 plastic.post #7513 of 902310/16/12 at 5:04pmpost #7514 of 902310/16/12 at 6:42pmQuote:
Lol.thanks. it takes a lot of time to do the paint job.@.@ I would have to quit my present job to start this business.haha.kiddin.I think painting maybe is not everyone's cup of tea.i did it only out of necessity.lolpost #7515 of 902310/16/12 at 7:44pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 17 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamics DT880-250 ohms vs Sennheiser 598 (or something else) 28 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 36 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Semi-noob needing some advice for moving into speaker territory... 1 minute ago
- › Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jasonb
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)