I use my TF10s or gym duty...had them reshelled or no way theyd stay in while working out..
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Earphones (Clear)tagged by System, 4/13/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/25/10
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy... Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread - Page 501post #7501 of 906110/15/12 at 8:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7502 of 906110/15/12 at 9:10pm
Ugh. I'm broke until May (when I graduate college and presumably get a "real job"). Trying to get by until then without spending all my money on headphones.post #7503 of 906110/16/12 at 3:16amQuote:
I can recommend from personal experience, the 'Dark Lord' cable that you will find on ebay. There is another one called 'White Angel' too, but it accentuates trebles far too much for my liking.post #7504 of 906110/16/12 at 3:25amQuote:Originally Posted by peeg
I just got my TF10s in the mail today. I wasn't sure how to do a search for this, so I thought I'd just ask..
Does anyone else use the TF10s in the opposite configuration? I wasn't really sure how to put them in, so I took a look at Google images and saw how they protruded a bit if you put the TF10s into the properly marked ears. But I find that putting the L bud in my right ear and vice versa is a much more comfortable fit, more in line with my old universal IEM, the UM2.
I'm enjoying the sound, but the fit I'm still a tad uncomfortable with. It's much bigger than any other in ear phone I've owned thus far and it's kind of annoying to put in, both in the normal and opposite configurations. I'm gonna give it a week and see if I can get used to it.. if it doesn't get any better I'm gonna go see and audiologist and ship these off to Unique Melody.
Fit is an issue for many people with the TF10's and as you have found, the "opposite configuration" is one way of making them fit better. They stick out of your head like a pair of bolts when fitted as standard, and it doesn't help that they have short nozzles.
I have found that half the battle is finding the right tips for them, obviously Comply's, if you like foam tips, but I find that foam tips muddy the sound a bit in my ears, and one of the best things about the TF10's is their clarity, so not much point in muddying that. I have a preference for silicon tips as a general rule, and I find the Sony Hybrid tips are good on the TF10's (albeit quite a tight fit) but better again for me have been MEElectronics tips that fit their M6 product (that another board member here recommended for me). The MEE ones are a softer, oval silicon that fit the TF10's far more easily than the Sony Hybrid's, and both their double flange and regular, medium sized oval tips, have been a great fit for me.
You are still going to struggle to pull a hat down over your ears with the TF10's in thoughpost #7505 of 906110/16/12 at 3:38am
The Fiio RC-UE1 has had some bad reviews on Amazon for cable robustness, and it would appear there was a product recall in March this year. Not sure if those problems are now resolved and current production is OK, but it might be worth checking out what the current position is, before you buy this cable.post #7506 of 906110/16/12 at 9:46ampost #7507 of 906110/16/12 at 11:58am
My first FiiO did have the issue with the sheathing exposing the wire near the earpieces. I screwed up the RCA jack messing around with it too much so had to buy another. As of now, no issues with the new cable.post #7508 of 906110/16/12 at 4:13pmpost #7509 of 906110/16/12 at 4:15pmpost #7510 of 906110/16/12 at 4:29pmpost #7511 of 906110/16/12 at 4:41pmpost #7512 of 906110/16/12 at 4:59pmQuote:
Lol. the paint work chipped on that blue/black combo. :( i used only one coating for that one. bad idea. so i figured why not try another different paint job. hehe. used thinner to clean the old paint job, masked the areas where i didnt want to get paint on and did 4 layers of paint. i can always use thinner to clean the paint job and try different colors in the future. using Tamiya thinner so it doesn't ruin the triple fi10 plastic.post #7513 of 906110/16/12 at 5:04pmpost #7514 of 906110/16/12 at 6:42pmQuote:
Lol.thanks. it takes a lot of time to do the paint job.@.@ I would have to quit my present job to start this business.haha.kiddin.I think painting maybe is not everyone's cup of tea.i did it only out of necessity.lolpost #7515 of 906110/16/12 at 7:44pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Music Game IX 43 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Velodyne vPulse Review - Bass lovers rejoice!!! 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Sennheiser IE 800 earphones 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)