Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread - Page 500

post #7486 of 9128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc denton View Post

 

 

I've been catching up on aftermarket cable reviews posted on this board, and it seems not all of them have a favorable sonic profile (not to mention the microphonics from the helix-type cables).

The Westones are the only ones I've actually had a chance to try, and the treble was enhanced every so slightly in a way that I didn't need.

 

Still, I feel like I'm being left out by only going after the stock cables.

On the fence about what to get now...


Look into the FiiO RC-UE1.

post #7487 of 9128
I just got my TF10s in the mail today. I wasn't sure how to do a search for this, so I thought I'd just ask..

Does anyone else use the TF10s in the opposite configuration? I wasn't really sure how to put them in, so I took a look at Google images and saw how they protruded a bit if you put the TF10s into the properly marked ears. But I find that putting the L bud in my right ear and vice versa is a much more comfortable fit, more in line with my old universal IEM, the UM2.

I'm enjoying the sound, but the fit I'm still a tad uncomfortable with. It's much bigger than any other in ear phone I've owned thus far and it's kind of annoying to put in, both in the normal and opposite configurations. I'm gonna give it a week and see if I can get used to it.. if it doesn't get any better I'm gonna go see and audiologist and ship these off to Unique Melody.
post #7488 of 9128
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeg View Post

I just got my TF10s in the mail today. I wasn't sure how to do a search for this, so I thought I'd just ask..
Does anyone else use the TF10s in the opposite configuration? I wasn't really sure how to put them in, so I took a look at Google images and saw how they protruded a bit if you put the TF10s into the properly marked ears. But I find that putting the L bud in my right ear and vice versa is a much more comfortable fit, more in line with my old universal IEM, the UM2.
I'm enjoying the sound, but the fit I'm still a tad uncomfortable with. It's much bigger than any other in ear phone I've owned thus far and it's kind of annoying to put in, both in the normal and opposite configurations. I'm gonna give it a week and see if I can get used to it.. if it doesn't get any better I'm gonna go see and audiologist and ship these off to Unique Melody.


If you do get them re-shelled, InEarZ is much cheaper. Yes people are using them the way you are, if money is not an issue, then I would have Heir Audio do them over UM for ultimate quality.

post #7489 of 9128

Alright, thanks for your input everyone.

After confirming with myself that indeed the cables do have a noticeable effect on the sonic signature, I decided to give up on the old stock cables for good. There had to be a good reason they were discontinued.

 

After some consideration, I've decided to go with the updated Logitech UE cables.

Anyone have any input on this? I have yet to see a review of these on here...

 

Priced at around $70 where I live (Korea), they're strangely the only brand of cables that were marked up so horribly, but unfortunately none of the other brands seem as trustworthy to me (both in integrity and the sonic profile I'm used to) as the ones straight from UE.

 

 

edit:

I'd also like to ask what on earth happened to the triple fi's. Why are they, or any in the "fi" series, not listed on UE's website anymore?


Edited by jc denton - 10/13/12 at 10:02am
post #7490 of 9128

Was completely out of the loop regarding the UEs. So the 900s have replaced the Triplefi 10s?

Ordered the Logitech cables. Will let you guys know how I find them.
 

post #7491 of 9128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post


If you do get them re-shelled, InEarZ is much cheaper. Yes people are using them the way you are, if money is not an issue, then I would have Heir Audio do them over UM for ultimate quality.

Unfortunately, Heir Audio doesn't do re-shells, if you're in the US I would suggest going with InEarz or 1964 ears. If you're in Europe or Asia, then UM(I honestly don't know any other company besides them) is the way to go.

post #7492 of 9128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc denton View Post

Was completely out of the loop regarding the UEs. So the 900s have replaced the Triplefi 10s?
Ordered the Logitech cables. Will let you guys know how I find them.

 
Please give link to cable you got, will wait for your feed back

Lol this what happen when you use phones
For replay

Edited by musicinmymind - 10/14/12 at 12:36pm
post #7493 of 9128
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAwesomesauceShow View Post

Unfortunately, Heir Audio doesn't do re-shells, if you're in the US I would suggest going with InEarz or 1964 ears. If you're in Europe or Asia, then UM(I honestly don't know any other company besides them) is the way to go.


I must be losing my mind, I could of swore they did re-shells, but I sure don't see them on their site.

post #7494 of 9128

I'm looking to purchase better cables for my Triple Fi 10. Can someone direct me to the Westone cables that can be used? 

post #7495 of 9128
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAwesomesauceShow View Post

UM(I honestly don't know any other company besides them) is the way to go.

 

this seems to be the general consensus. 

post #7496 of 9128

Westone Epic

 

http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/westone-music-products/epic-pro-replacement-cables-50-inches-2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneylgeorge View Post

I'm looking to purchase better cables for my Triple Fi 10. Can someone direct me to the Westone cables that can be used? 

post #7497 of 9128

Thank you! Do the Westone cables fit without any modifications?

post #7498 of 9128
They will function properly without modification, but the pins are slightly longer than TF10 cables so you will need to file them down a few mm if you want a flush fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneylgeorge View Post

Thank you! Do the Westone cables fit without any modifications?
post #7499 of 9128

So I've had my TF10s for about a week and haven't gotten a chance to enjoy them until now. I couldn't get a decent fit at all. While listening to them, I had to readjust them every few minutes. I finally received some triple flanges in from MeElectronics, and I have to say I am definitely in love with the TF10s. They look goofy and getting a seal was a pain, but the sound is pretty sweet.

post #7500 of 9128
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit300 View Post

So I've had my TF10s for about a week and haven't gotten a chance to enjoy them until now. I couldn't get a decent fit at all. While listening to them, I had to readjust them every few minutes. I finally received some triple flanges in from MeElectronics, and I have to say I am definitely in love with the TF10s. They look goofy and getting a seal was a pain, but the sound is pretty sweet.


Join the dark side, get them made into customs. beerchug.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread