Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [FYI] Various IEM's tips pictorial comparison (updated Sept 29th, 2011)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[FYI] Various IEM's tips pictorial comparison (updated Sept 29th, 2011) - Page 22

post #316 of 383

Hi ClieOS

 

I need suggestion for my GR02 tips, the nozzle is small and the stocks tips do not isolate quite enough on metro trains…I need something like ER6i comply foam…which is lengthy and does deep insertion....it can be either foam or silicon tips     

post #317 of 383
Thread Starter 
GR02 has the common wide nozzle. If you want Comply foam, you should get the 400 series (T400, S400, Tx400, Ts400). However, even with Comply Foam, GR04 will never be as isolated as Etymotic. Other than Comply Foam, you can try bi-flange or tri-flanges from MEElec, but they will be even less isolated than foam.
post #318 of 383

Thanks for replay, I love the sound of GR02....but if they do not isolate, then I can use them very less...will try comply

post #319 of 383
What do you guys think about the Shure Olives with the Westone 4?
post #320 of 383
I love shure olives but I have the same problem with them on my w2s as I do on any shure iems. They just don't come off. I'm sticking with comply

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
post #321 of 383
Thread Starter 
I used olive on my UM2. No problem for me.
post #322 of 383

As a user of Motorola CP200 portable radio, the RLN5318A over the ear tube has a silicone mushroom ear tip. When speaking to someone in order to hear them and receive information in the earpiece I have to turn to my other ear. is there an open seal ear tip that will not completely close the ear canal and allow a conversation to be heard when someone talks to you without turning to the ear without an earpiece?

post #323 of 383
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls2229 View Post

As a user of Motorola CP200 portable radio, the RLN5318A over the ear tube has a silicone mushroom ear tip. When speaking to someone in order to hear them and receive information in the earpiece I have to turn to my other ear. is there an open seal ear tip that will not completely close the ear canal and allow a conversation to be heard when someone talks to you without turning to the ear without an earpiece?



Those are acoustic tube setup. The problem is that once you make it sound leaking, you will likely lose most of the voice clarity and probably volume as well. They are designed to be used with sealed eartips. You will have to switch to either HMN9036 or PMLN4442 type of earbud style setup in order to get what you need.
post #324 of 383

Unfortunately the issued equipment is the the RLN5318A over the ear tube with a mushroom tip.

I was told there is an open seal "Winged Tip" that has two wings that keep the tip in the ear but allows outside sound to enter the ear also.

IF ANYONE knows what I'm talking about & where I can purchase these tips it would be helpful.

They are not going to purchase another type of unit to use for the job - the BUDGET you know.

post #325 of 383
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls2229 View Post

Unfortunately the issued equipment is the the RLN5318A over the ear tube with a mushroom tip.
I was told there is an open seal "Winged Tip" that has two wings that keep the tip in the ear but allows outside sound to enter the ear also.
IF ANYONE knows what I'm talking about & where I can purchase these tips it would be helpful.
They are not going to purchase another type of unit to use for the job - the BUDGET you know.

Something like these?
http://www.sensorcom.com/product.asp?P_ID=1137&PT_ID=335
post #326 of 383

Dude, are those "Supertips" really "super"? I heard they are way more durable than Comply tips, and more comfortable than the Olives. I do find the Olives to be quite sticky to my ears and cause some irritation, while the Complies are just pathetic when it comes to durability.

post #327 of 383

Has anybody found a source for the Sony hybrid style silicone tips that are foam stuffed? I like them on my GR01's and would like a set of spares in size medium.

post #328 of 383
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN-0015 View Post

Dude, are those "Supertips" really "super"? I heard they are way more durable than Comply tips, and more comfortable than the Olives. I do find the Olives to be quite sticky to my ears and cause some irritation, while the Complies are just pathetic when it comes to durability.

I don't find them to be particularly super, especially since they have odd size that doesn't fit my ears at all (i.e. mid is too large and small is too small). But they are presumably more durable than regular foam and smoother than Olive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post

Has anybody found a source for the Sony hybrid style silicone tips that are foam stuffed? I like them on my GR01's and would like a set of spares in size medium.

Get yourself some soft foam earplug from drugstore and you can mod the foam to fit inside regular Hybrid. That's pretty much the same thing.
post #329 of 383

hi

how can make the sony hybrids fit the r-50 ?

post #330 of 383
Thread Starter 
The easiest way will be to use an eartip core to sandwich between the nozzle and the Sony Hybrid. You can cut off the flanges of the stock eartips and use the core that way. An more expensive way will be to get a pair of Monster eartips adapter that come with some of their Supertips package.

However, unless you are totally sure the stock eartips just don't fit you and the Sony Hybrid just doesn't grab onto the R50 tight enough, I won't recommend you try out any of the above.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [FYI] Various IEM's tips pictorial comparison (updated Sept 29th, 2011)