Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [FYI] Various IEM's tips pictorial comparison (updated Sept 29th, 2011)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[FYI] Various IEM's tips pictorial comparison (updated Sept 29th, 2011) - Page 19

post #271 of 383
Thread Starter 

PL50's foam is between small and mid sized olive. I reckon mid sized will do.

post #272 of 383

pretty small the pl50's

any suggestion where to get the mid-size olives at a good price?

post #273 of 383
Thread Starter 

Not sure. I usually get mine in a store.

post #274 of 383

then, what 'd be a good price for them?

post #275 of 383

sorry if this has already been asked.

is there a diffrence btwn the real sony EX10A (hybrids) and the clone (sold in by 'lostearbuds' in ebay) ?

do the real ones have a better grip , more sticky? 

and what are the sizes on the 4-pack of the originals ? same as the clones?


Edited by kanuka - 11/19/11 at 12:18pm
post #276 of 383
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuka View Post

then, what 'd be a good price for them?

Miss the question before, though I don't really know the answer actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuka View Post

sorry if this has already been asked.
is there a diffrence btwn the real sony EX10A (hybrids) and the clone (sold in by 'lostearbuds' in ebay) ?
do the real ones have a better grip , more sticky? 
and what are the sizes on the 4-pack of the originals ? same as the clones?

By sound, they are very similar. By fit, the clone is stiffer and not as comfortable as the real deal. The size of the original are listed on the first post.
post #277 of 383

then i'd give them a try.

do you know where can i get them, besides amazon? on ebay they're for ~$14 shipped, only 4 pairs. 

post #278 of 383
Thread Starter 
You can find them in Sony Center / Sony Wing if there is one nearby, other than that, eBay is probably your best bet.
post #279 of 383

hi

i find the comply (t 400, i guess) scratchy. any suggestions?

post #280 of 383
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuka View Post

hi
i find the comply (t 400, i guess) scratchy. any suggestions?

Beside trying to get used to it, I am really not sure what else can you do.
post #281 of 383

.(deleted)


Edited by kanuka - 11/24/11 at 12:57pm
post #282 of 383

Considering the fact that i use jays foam tips for 1 hour and they are almost perfect with GR07 how would you describe my potential experience with the comply ts-series? :D Are they a lot bigger that the jays? The jays are perfect size but if they were bigger i am afraid the foam will be squeezed a lot and might cause discomfort or affect the sound more.

Jays IMO affect the sound but not too bad. The bass is a bit more tight and prominant but the other frequencies are not affected. I feel that soundstage changed as well but not in a bad way. Just a bit different now.

post #283 of 383
Thread Starter 
Ts isn't a lot bigger than JAYS foam. Because of its (Ts) shape, there is less material both on the front and back of the eartips so that main area that provides the seal is right in the middle. That makes it more comfortable than regular Comply and has less effect on SQ. Still, it sounds warmer than JAYS and a smaller soundstage.
post #284 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

Ts isn't a lot bigger than JAYS foam. Because of its (Ts) shape, there is less material both on the front and back of the eartips so that main area that provides the seal is right in the middle. That makes it more comfortable than regular Comply and has less effect on SQ. Still, it sounds warmer than JAYS and a smaller soundstage.


Wow you think so? So i should stick with the jays then or wait for a promotion from comply since $25 is a big investment. I should be happy with Jays for quite a long time. 5 pairs. Maybe until summer. Thx!

post #285 of 383

Does anyone know if the Shure Olive tip is similar to the JVC Marshmallows?

 

They have a similar look in pictures but I know they're different than the Comply T-100 that were supplied with my Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 4

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [FYI] Various IEM's tips pictorial comparison (updated Sept 29th, 2011)