- 5,627 Posts. Joined 11/2001
- Location: the Earth
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E7 vs Ibasso D2 Last post on 5/15/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Differences in the ibasso range? Last post on 5/12/10 at 6:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for Phonak Audeo Last post on 5/11/10 at 1:27am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D2 Viper Last post on 2/12/10 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought Last post on 9/13/14 at 12:03am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
- Headphone Impedance
iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules! - Page 41
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i know nothing about op amps and rolling and whatever, i just want basic info and what I can do.. thanks!
After I pointed out the 6172 in LR and 4032 in the second socket, HiFlight tried it and loved it. But, neither of us had tried the 55002 in place of the 4032, so he tried it and liked it.
I didn't like the 55002+4032 as much, nor the 6172+6172, but wonder about flipping mine the other way around with the 4032 in main with 6172 in the second one.
Then there is the 4032 in main with 55002 in the ground channel. I don't know if either of us has tried that one.
The original combo was best with things like my Grado RS-1, but too forward in the mids and rolled off in the treble for my Freq Show IEM or a-JAYS. With the opamps swapped it is perfect for the Freq Shows, q-JAYS, Denon D2000, HD600, but too shrill or treble boosted for the RS-1 (APS V3 cabled).
Swapping the THS4032 for the AD8397 was similar, as was the ISL55002, but the LT134 is still a little rolled off, while the AD8397 is maybe slightly brighter but a little edgier.
I might try changing back to the original opamps and see if that fixes things... i haven't changed opamps in a while but remember they would change the loudness of the gain switch popping sound... so might also improve the sensitivity of the volume static?
Edit: i remember ages ago someone mentioned they replaced the volume pot but can't find the post
Edit: found kinda what i was after:
Good recommendations, Ron
Also, make sure that you put the opamps in the socket in the correct polarity. I fried my TSH4032 this way There was a bit of smoke and everything
quick question about the viper pls help. I just mine today, does it work like the Boa where the aux in works as a line level out when the usb is plugged in? or do I run the 1/4" to RCA through the headphone out to connect to my amp? thanks
My recollection is there is no line out, so you use the headphone out to feed another amp.
thanks, I know that that is not really the ideal way to send signal to an amp, but since that is how I am doing it for now, what volume level would be good on the D2?
I would turn down the volume of the amp you are going to listen to, and then plug the D2 into it as a source. Then turn on the D2 first at zero volume, followed by turning on the second amp which I would set to about 3 o'clock (turn this on second in case you get a pop from turning on the D2 which you don't want to amplify). And then with music playing I'd work the D2 volume control up to a normal listening level, while not touching the target amp volume if you don't need to. This is basically using the D2 as a pre-amp. If you turn the second amp to full volume you might get too much noise, which is why I suggested 3 o'clock.
- iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 9 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 14 seconds ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 25 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 29 seconds ago
- › General advice 33 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ASUS Xonar D1 or external sound card? (PC) 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 5 minutes ago
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)