- 5,629 Posts. Joined 11/2001
- Location: the Earth
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E7 vs Ibasso D2 Last post on 5/15/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Differences in the ibasso range? Last post on 5/12/10 at 6:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for Phonak Audeo Last post on 5/11/10 at 1:27am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D2 Viper Last post on 2/12/10 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought Last post on 1/26/15 at 11:29pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
- Headphone Impedance
iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules! - Page 41
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i know nothing about op amps and rolling and whatever, i just want basic info and what I can do.. thanks!
After I pointed out the 6172 in LR and 4032 in the second socket, HiFlight tried it and loved it. But, neither of us had tried the 55002 in place of the 4032, so he tried it and liked it.
I didn't like the 55002+4032 as much, nor the 6172+6172, but wonder about flipping mine the other way around with the 4032 in main with 6172 in the second one.
Then there is the 4032 in main with 55002 in the ground channel. I don't know if either of us has tried that one.
The original combo was best with things like my Grado RS-1, but too forward in the mids and rolled off in the treble for my Freq Show IEM or a-JAYS. With the opamps swapped it is perfect for the Freq Shows, q-JAYS, Denon D2000, HD600, but too shrill or treble boosted for the RS-1 (APS V3 cabled).
Swapping the THS4032 for the AD8397 was similar, as was the ISL55002, but the LT134 is still a little rolled off, while the AD8397 is maybe slightly brighter but a little edgier.
I might try changing back to the original opamps and see if that fixes things... i haven't changed opamps in a while but remember they would change the loudness of the gain switch popping sound... so might also improve the sensitivity of the volume static?
Edit: i remember ages ago someone mentioned they replaced the volume pot but can't find the post
Edit: found kinda what i was after:
Good recommendations, Ron
Also, make sure that you put the opamps in the socket in the correct polarity. I fried my TSH4032 this way There was a bit of smoke and everything
quick question about the viper pls help. I just mine today, does it work like the Boa where the aux in works as a line level out when the usb is plugged in? or do I run the 1/4" to RCA through the headphone out to connect to my amp? thanks
My recollection is there is no line out, so you use the headphone out to feed another amp.
thanks, I know that that is not really the ideal way to send signal to an amp, but since that is how I am doing it for now, what volume level would be good on the D2?
I would turn down the volume of the amp you are going to listen to, and then plug the D2 into it as a source. Then turn on the D2 first at zero volume, followed by turning on the second amp which I would set to about 3 o'clock (turn this on second in case you get a pop from turning on the D2 which you don't want to amplify). And then with music playing I'd work the D2 volume control up to a normal listening level, while not touching the target amp volume if you don't need to. This is basically using the D2 as a pre-amp. If you turn the second amp to full volume you might get too much noise, which is why I suggested 3 o'clock.
- iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 58 seconds ago
- › February 21 Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley mini-meet 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Got an X-Fi Elite Pro for $28...old but still better than the Sound... 4 minutes ago
- › Balanced cable : what is it and why would i want it? 4 minutes ago
- › February 21 mini-meet 4 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3