- 5,627 Posts. Joined 11/2001
- Location: the Earth
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E7 vs Ibasso D2 Last post on 5/15/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Differences in the ibasso range? Last post on 5/12/10 at 6:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for Phonak Audeo Last post on 5/11/10 at 1:27am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D2 Viper Last post on 2/12/10 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought Last post on Today at 4:22 am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have been using Samson SR940 for a week now so this review will not be too detailed. It was a blind purchase as there are no helpful reviews available. I bought two headphones; Beyer DT880 pro...
This Headphone have Very Good and Smooth Mid / High, Good Bass response. Cold-side, Analytical, Overall Clarity made this Headphone Shine, Bass may lack on some track or Not enough for some...
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
- Headphone Impedance
iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules! - Page 41
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i know nothing about op amps and rolling and whatever, i just want basic info and what I can do.. thanks!
After I pointed out the 6172 in LR and 4032 in the second socket, HiFlight tried it and loved it. But, neither of us had tried the 55002 in place of the 4032, so he tried it and liked it.
I didn't like the 55002+4032 as much, nor the 6172+6172, but wonder about flipping mine the other way around with the 4032 in main with 6172 in the second one.
Then there is the 4032 in main with 55002 in the ground channel. I don't know if either of us has tried that one.
The original combo was best with things like my Grado RS-1, but too forward in the mids and rolled off in the treble for my Freq Show IEM or a-JAYS. With the opamps swapped it is perfect for the Freq Shows, q-JAYS, Denon D2000, HD600, but too shrill or treble boosted for the RS-1 (APS V3 cabled).
Swapping the THS4032 for the AD8397 was similar, as was the ISL55002, but the LT134 is still a little rolled off, while the AD8397 is maybe slightly brighter but a little edgier.
I might try changing back to the original opamps and see if that fixes things... i haven't changed opamps in a while but remember they would change the loudness of the gain switch popping sound... so might also improve the sensitivity of the volume static?
Edit: i remember ages ago someone mentioned they replaced the volume pot but can't find the post
Edit: found kinda what i was after:
Good recommendations, Ron
Also, make sure that you put the opamps in the socket in the correct polarity. I fried my TSH4032 this way There was a bit of smoke and everything
quick question about the viper pls help. I just mine today, does it work like the Boa where the aux in works as a line level out when the usb is plugged in? or do I run the 1/4" to RCA through the headphone out to connect to my amp? thanks
My recollection is there is no line out, so you use the headphone out to feed another amp.
thanks, I know that that is not really the ideal way to send signal to an amp, but since that is how I am doing it for now, what volume level would be good on the D2?
I would turn down the volume of the amp you are going to listen to, and then plug the D2 into it as a source. Then turn on the D2 first at zero volume, followed by turning on the second amp which I would set to about 3 o'clock (turn this on second in case you get a pop from turning on the D2 which you don't want to amplify). And then with music playing I'd work the D2 volume control up to a normal listening level, while not touching the target amp volume if you don't need to. This is basically using the D2 as a pre-amp. If you turn the second amp to full volume you might get too much noise, which is why I suggested 3 o'clock.
- iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules!
- › Westone ES5 35 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 36 seconds ago
- › New AKG flagship K812 first impression 50 seconds ago
- › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Rega DAC + ? + Q701 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 3 minutes ago
- › Etymotic ER4S and JDS Labs C5 4 minutes ago
- › What are the Best Vintage Headphones? Pre-1980 4 minutes ago
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › TDK BA200 by kimvictor
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital