- 5,627 Posts. Joined 11/2001
- Location: the Earth
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E7 vs Ibasso D2 Last post on 5/15/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Differences in the ibasso range? Last post on 5/12/10 at 6:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for Phonak Audeo Last post on 5/11/10 at 1:27am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D2 Viper Last post on 2/12/10 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought Last post on Yesterday at 5:07 pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
- Headphone Impedance
iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules! - Page 41
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i know nothing about op amps and rolling and whatever, i just want basic info and what I can do.. thanks!
After I pointed out the 6172 in LR and 4032 in the second socket, HiFlight tried it and loved it. But, neither of us had tried the 55002 in place of the 4032, so he tried it and liked it.
I didn't like the 55002+4032 as much, nor the 6172+6172, but wonder about flipping mine the other way around with the 4032 in main with 6172 in the second one.
Then there is the 4032 in main with 55002 in the ground channel. I don't know if either of us has tried that one.
The original combo was best with things like my Grado RS-1, but too forward in the mids and rolled off in the treble for my Freq Show IEM or a-JAYS. With the opamps swapped it is perfect for the Freq Shows, q-JAYS, Denon D2000, HD600, but too shrill or treble boosted for the RS-1 (APS V3 cabled).
Swapping the THS4032 for the AD8397 was similar, as was the ISL55002, but the LT134 is still a little rolled off, while the AD8397 is maybe slightly brighter but a little edgier.
I might try changing back to the original opamps and see if that fixes things... i haven't changed opamps in a while but remember they would change the loudness of the gain switch popping sound... so might also improve the sensitivity of the volume static?
Edit: i remember ages ago someone mentioned they replaced the volume pot but can't find the post
Edit: found kinda what i was after:
Good recommendations, Ron
Also, make sure that you put the opamps in the socket in the correct polarity. I fried my TSH4032 this way There was a bit of smoke and everything
quick question about the viper pls help. I just mine today, does it work like the Boa where the aux in works as a line level out when the usb is plugged in? or do I run the 1/4" to RCA through the headphone out to connect to my amp? thanks
My recollection is there is no line out, so you use the headphone out to feed another amp.
thanks, I know that that is not really the ideal way to send signal to an amp, but since that is how I am doing it for now, what volume level would be good on the D2?
I would turn down the volume of the amp you are going to listen to, and then plug the D2 into it as a source. Then turn on the D2 first at zero volume, followed by turning on the second amp which I would set to about 3 o'clock (turn this on second in case you get a pop from turning on the D2 which you don't want to amplify). And then with music playing I'd work the D2 volume control up to a normal listening level, while not touching the target amp volume if you don't need to. This is basically using the D2 as a pre-amp. If you turn the second amp to full volume you might get too much noise, which is why I suggested 3 o'clock.
- iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best Amplifier for my HE-560s (I listen to Hip-Hop, Electronic) -... 46 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 56 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 1 minute ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and... 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 2 minutes ago
- › Place to listening to the AKG K712 Pro before buying them? 3 minutes ago
- › Gilmore Lite headamp(230V version) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)