- 5,629 Posts. Joined 11/2001
- Location: the Earth
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E7 vs Ibasso D2 Last post on 5/15/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Differences in the ibasso range? Last post on 5/12/10 at 6:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for Phonak Audeo Last post on 5/11/10 at 1:27am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D2 Viper Last post on 2/12/10 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought Last post on 10/22/14 at 6:50pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
if u are looking for a great dac you can better buy new motherboard with supreme fx it sound practicly the same and its cheaper
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
- Headphone Impedance
iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules! - Page 41
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i know nothing about op amps and rolling and whatever, i just want basic info and what I can do.. thanks!
After I pointed out the 6172 in LR and 4032 in the second socket, HiFlight tried it and loved it. But, neither of us had tried the 55002 in place of the 4032, so he tried it and liked it.
I didn't like the 55002+4032 as much, nor the 6172+6172, but wonder about flipping mine the other way around with the 4032 in main with 6172 in the second one.
Then there is the 4032 in main with 55002 in the ground channel. I don't know if either of us has tried that one.
The original combo was best with things like my Grado RS-1, but too forward in the mids and rolled off in the treble for my Freq Show IEM or a-JAYS. With the opamps swapped it is perfect for the Freq Shows, q-JAYS, Denon D2000, HD600, but too shrill or treble boosted for the RS-1 (APS V3 cabled).
Swapping the THS4032 for the AD8397 was similar, as was the ISL55002, but the LT134 is still a little rolled off, while the AD8397 is maybe slightly brighter but a little edgier.
I might try changing back to the original opamps and see if that fixes things... i haven't changed opamps in a while but remember they would change the loudness of the gain switch popping sound... so might also improve the sensitivity of the volume static?
Edit: i remember ages ago someone mentioned they replaced the volume pot but can't find the post
Edit: found kinda what i was after:
Good recommendations, Ron
Also, make sure that you put the opamps in the socket in the correct polarity. I fried my TSH4032 this way There was a bit of smoke and everything
quick question about the viper pls help. I just mine today, does it work like the Boa where the aux in works as a line level out when the usb is plugged in? or do I run the 1/4" to RCA through the headphone out to connect to my amp? thanks
My recollection is there is no line out, so you use the headphone out to feed another amp.
thanks, I know that that is not really the ideal way to send signal to an amp, but since that is how I am doing it for now, what volume level would be good on the D2?
I would turn down the volume of the amp you are going to listen to, and then plug the D2 into it as a source. Then turn on the D2 first at zero volume, followed by turning on the second amp which I would set to about 3 o'clock (turn this on second in case you get a pop from turning on the D2 which you don't want to amplify). And then with music playing I'd work the D2 volume control up to a normal listening level, while not touching the target amp volume if you don't need to. This is basically using the D2 as a pre-amp. If you turn the second amp to full volume you might get too much noise, which is why I suggested 3 o'clock.
- iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › WIN Sennheiser HD 800 and a year worth of HDtracks downloads! 2 seconds ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 25th, 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam at RMAF 2014 impressions 3 minutes ago
- › STAX SR-007MK2 with MK1 drivers? 5 minutes ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D by Pokerstar
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)