Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules! - Page 2

post #16 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenzee View Post
I spent a couple of hours listening time last night, Zune 30 with predominantly 192kbps WMA rips.

I said this in an earlier post, and I'll say it again, this thing has some really nice detail and separation. I'd go so far as to say it is a "crisp" sounding amp, not really warm, but certainly with a nice bit of low mid and bass. I do not have any particularly current-starved headphones, unless you count de-podded (w/33ohm resistors) IM716's, but this had no trouble driving any phone I threw at it, including SR60's, KSC75's, PortaPro's, the 716's, and various other IEM's. Gobs of power for my purposes, so far.

I don't love the gain switch, but it is relatively docile in terms of how it colors the sound, which I do like. It is just that, a gain switch.
Do you notice any hiss with IEMs at all?
post #17 of 615
How does the DAC sound ???

Hopefully, this isn't a out of topic question...
post #18 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav View Post
Do you notice any hiss with IEMs at all?
I did not.
post #19 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenzee View Post
I did not.
That sounds promising
post #20 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenzee View Post
The blue LED will literally light up a dark room. For those of you on the coast give us your impressions for use as an impromptu lighthouse or beacon. I suspect it will work just fine.
That's what struck me when I saw the manufacturer's pics. I am awaiting shipment of my D2. On my upcoming flight I think my fellow passengers might be slightly annoyed I think an orange / amber LED would be nice to have, if I can get it changed by someone with more soldering skills.
post #21 of 615
Thread Starter 
So I just got mine, and I'll be the first ones to post some internal pics .

Hm...I don't know why, but only one of the screws comes off when I use my 1/16 hex. Anyone else notice that?

Also, does anyone notice that if you have your headphones plugged in, and the AC adapter plugged in, but the D2 turned off, you hear a lot of static? If I unplug the AC adapter the static disappears.









post #22 of 615
yes, I get the same static issue as well.
post #23 of 615
Quote:
Also, does anyone notice that if you have your headphones plugged in, and the AC adapter plugged in, but the D2 turned off, you hear a lot of static? If I unplug the AC adapter the static disappears.
Does it go away if you turn on the amp or is there a constant static when it is being charged ???
post #24 of 615
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downer View Post
Does it go away if you turn on the amp or is there a constant static when it is being charged ???
It seems like it has to do with being connected to the computer via USB. When I turn it on it disappears. So this is when the static is there, amp is off, AC power connected, headphones connected, USB connected to computer. Then either unplugging the USB or the power cord or turning the amp on, the static disappears. Anyone know why? Not that it bothers me much because I don't listen to headphones when there is no music .
post #25 of 615
I just got mine too. I love the bass! I am using the amp with my diyMod right now. It sounds great, just as I expected, heh.

The build quality is much better than I expected. It feels light and solid. The gain switch does make a really loud thump when you switch from low to high... it would probably kill my ears with the FreQs. As for hiss, there isn't much with my FreQs - not an amount that you would be annoyed or notice at all when music is playing (even classical).





post #26 of 615
First impression of the D2 vs the P2. First off I think they both sound very good..bone stock. I will say the D2 seems to have a LOT more power output. vs the P2. With the P2 I plugged in my HD-280 Pros and turn the vol pot up to about the 12 oclock postion. Sound was rich and detailed and the bass switch was on the lowest setting, and the gain on the lowest setting. With the D2 the gain was on the lowest setting. And at about the (vol knob) 10 oclock postion the sound was rich and on par with the P2..at the 12 ..it hurt my ears Gonna let the D2 charge up and burn in. It's smaller than what I thought. longer than a P2 by about 1/4" and about 1/2" smaller in width. Im surprised at how small it is.



post #27 of 615
Using the amp when you are charging is not a good idea. There is a lot of static when it is charging... I hope when it is fully charged, there is no more static / hiss.

*** Ok it is confirmed, once the battery is finished charging (green light), there is no more static.
post #28 of 615
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertoold View Post
Using the amp when you are charging is not a good idea. There is a lot of static when it is charging... I hope when it is fully charged, there is no more static / hiss.

*** Ok it is confirmed, once the battery is finished charging (green light), there is no more static.
Is this with the amp on or off. When my amp is off and I'm done charging there is always static. (this is with the power cord still plugged in).
post #29 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by souperman View Post
Is this with the amp on or off. When my amp is off and I'm done charging there is always static. (this is with the power cord still plugged in).
When the amp is off, then yes, there is a tiny bit of noise (sounds sort of like a fluorescent bulb), but that shouldn't matter because it goes away once the amp is on. The amp makes a lot more noise when you touch it because they probably used the case as the ground.
post #30 of 615
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertoold View Post
When the amp is off, then yes, there is a tiny bit of noise (sounds sort of like a fluorescent bulb), but that shouldn't matter because it goes away once the amp is on. The amp makes a lot more noise when you touch it because they probably used the case as the ground.
I agree with you that it doesn't matter, but I'm just wondering why there is static when it's plugged into the wall and the amp is off, but no static when I turn it on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules!